I would describe the relationships that exist in MJ as mutually beneficial rather than parasitic.

A parasite must be in intimate contact with its host to derive any benefit. I can only think of one MJ incident that could possibly be described as parasitic. Years ago an outfit organising a MJ event put flyers on cars parked outside a Ceroc freestyle in London. For the record, the event being touted was well over one hundred miles outside London, i.e. only those really into MJ would be likely to attend.

If I buy a car from a dealership and take it elsewhere for servicing is the dealership entitled to regard all the other service providers that I use as parasites because they don’t bring any new cars onto the road?

Would car dealerships like to have a monopoly on car servicing?
Would Ceroc like to have a monopoly on everything MJ in the UK?
Do bears defecate in the woods?

The whole point is that it’s a free market

If Ceroc puts more money into marketing than independents then that’s their choice. Everybody knows that large organisations can afford more extravagant advertising campaigns. When a large business spends a huge amount on advertising it is known that other businesses selling similar products will also receive a slight ‘lift’. Does anybody think that the other businesses owe anything in return?

Like DS I can’t help thinking that some posts seem to imply ownership of dancers. This attitude annoys me. Why? 1. I’m a human being, not an object. 2. I paid a lot of money for the classes I attended