Thread: The Perfect Night .......

The Perfect Night .......

I was discussing past dancing events with LL and what made a really good event. Then I started to think about what would constitute a dream event: best venue, best number and size of rooms, best DJ line up (as many as you like), best dancers (if you dare!), best number of dancers, best floor, best facilities (toilets, cafes, air con, bar etc), best atmosphere, most friendly venue, best setting, even favourite outfit to wear (if you like!).

The only thing I am really sure about at this stage is that the most beautiful setting I can think of was at Stratford amongst the river and swans and that the best cafe facilities are at Watford.

Do you dare?
    Last edited by Easily Led; 4th-September-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: I am a little bit drunk ...

Re: The Perfect Night .......

Leamington Spa

Revdrop & Mrs Revdrop (Judith)'s 50th, the venue was fantastic, the music fantastic, the dancers, well with such a collection in one place you could only have one fantastic dance after another, and I had one of the most intense dances ever that night, so for me to date thats my number one

Quote Originally Posted by zimbabwean View Post
    Leamington Spa

Revdrop & Mrs Revdrop (Judith)'s 50th, the venue was fantastic, the music fantastic, the dancers, well with such a collection in one place you could only have one fantastic dance after another, and I had one of the most intense dances ever that night, so for me to date thats my number one
    Yes I have to agree that was a fantastic night, however the 3rd floor downstairs in the basement couold have been easier to dance on in my opinion. Fabulous dancers and fantastic music with gorgeous food and enetertainment upstairs with the wii, easy to get served at the bars and just a lovely lovely night.

I also love the attention to detail Maja's big events have which also makes the night very special, which the decorations, gateaux, chocolate fountain, etc etc etc etc (bless her).

I love the sizes of the rooms at Daventry as you do tend to have more space to enable you to dance well without worrying too much about bumping into people.

I do also like the river, swans and being able to dance outside under the stars lovely lovely feel.

Oh I also love the atmospheres you get at weekenders especially when the weather is fantastic and you can dance outside in the day.

These are my current thoughts about my perfect night:

Setting: Stratford (river and swans)
    Venue : The Assembly, Leamington
    Rooms: 3 :Main room (but I am banning bland club mixes),largish Blues Room and smaller Play Room for SW type naughty dances with lots of attitude/interpretation/sabotage allowed and some tango!
    Outside dancing: Southport
    Bar: Rugby, Benn Hall
    Cafe: Watford Colliseum
    Toilets: Wilton Hall, MK
    Air Con: Watford Colliseum
    Floor: Buckingham?
    Friendliness: Stokie's Opening night
    Atmosphere: Revdrop and Judith's party (see other comments above)
    DJs: Marc, Rachel, CJ, Tessalicious, Blueshoes, Revdrop (+ Rocky doing a Motown session?). Strangely I would like Rachel and CJ to do alternate tracks - as a reponse to each other's choices - not sure if this would be workable but fun! Some LL would be nice too!
    Dancers: All those who I have thanked publicly (or privately ) on the forum + my favourites from local venues - oh and I suppose some ladies could be allowed , especially those that I can dance with too like Trouble, Georgious Dancer, Snow White, Plum and of course Fletch, Lory, TB, Batgirl, Cruella, NG, DT, Y, K etc, etc, without whom there wouldn't be the same party feel.
    Class: No class but there could be a short and early cabaret - where the stars could then work work the room !

I think that is it......... apologies if I have missed out anyone/thing.
    Last edited by Easily Led; 7th-September-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Hopefully I wouldn't have to ask for too many dances!

I love doing 'one-on-one' dj sets - it's so much fun! I asked Marc if we could do one together at one of the coming weekenders. I wanted to call it 'pears' but I'm sure Marc would come up with a more imaginative name ...

Rachel x

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I love doing 'one-on-one' dj sets - it's so much fun! I asked Marc if we could do one together at one of the coming weekenders. I wanted to call it 'pears' but I'm sure Marc would come up with a more imaginative name ...

Rachel x
    Good idea - how about Breeze or perhaps one of the larger free styles (next Daventry or perhaps the Rugby Ball. If its in the blues room I suppose you could call it "Down and Dirty"

Quite honestly the name doesn't matter, but the concept sounds really interesting. I hope it comes to fruition, if only for an hour or two.

r&b music

For me, it would need:
    • A great dancefloor - that is properly sprung and well cared for wooden floor.
    • Enough space to dance properly (including good ventilation).
    • Good music - lots of blues, tango and other nice stuff with interesting things going on in the music. Avoiding most of chart-topping music is usually the best thing any DJ can do in my view.
    • Good people - I can list a few dozen people locally that I'd want there. They vary a lot in style and ability, but are all people I really enjoy dancing with.
    • Me being in the right mood.

Beyond that, the specific details are largely irrelevant. I find any event can be good or bad, regardless of what it's got going for it. A night can be made by one fantastic dance, but a good conversation, or any combination of a million pother factors. I'd rather just make the most of the night as it is.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Easily Led View Post
    Strangely I would like Rachel and CJ to do alternate tracks - as a reponse to each other's choices - not sure if this would be workable but fun!

Rachel x
    If this were to be allowed, let's do it Rach.... thoughts??

I could think of a few venues that would put this event on...

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love doing 'one-on-one' dj sets -
    I know I'm being thick here but what exactly is a 'one-on-one' set?

Is it two Dj's playing alternate tracks?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I know I'm being thick here but what exactly is a 'one-on-one' set?

Is it two Dj's playing alternate tracks?
    Yes, it is - it's such a buzz (in a scarily exciting way), as not only have you just got a few minutes to choose your next song, but you also have to see which way the other dj is steering the room (it could be something completely different to what you'd do), see how people are responding to it, and complement it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    If this were to be allowed, let's do it Rach.... thoughts??

I could think of a few venues that would put this event on...
    It would be great fun, though I'd rather do it in a more informal setting first - which is why I was thinking of a 'sack the dj slot' at a weekender.

Actually, I wouldn't want to use up an allocated STD slot, as I firmly believe it's not fair for paid dj's to take the opportunity from people who'd like to get into it (it is how of lot of us got into dj'ing in the first place). But perhaps a Boudoir set could be arranged one weekender afternoon ...?

R. x

Yes, it is - it's such a buzz (in a scarily exciting way), as not only have you just got a few minutes to choose your next song, but you also have to see which way the other dj is steering the room (it could be something completely different to what you'd do), see how people are responding to it, and complement it somehow.

It would be great fun, though I'd rather do it in a more informal setting first - which is why I was thinking of a 'sack the dj slot' at a weekender.

Actually, I wouldn't want to use up an allocated STD slot, as I firmly believe it's not fair for paid dj's to take the opportunity from people who'd like to get into it (it is how of lot of us got into dj'ing in the first place). But perhaps a Boudoir set could be arranged one weekender afternoon ...?

R. x
    Since I am unlikely to be in a Boudoir anytime soon - please could you put up a playlist after the event so I can imagine how fun it was?

Thread Information