Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many tracks do you dance?

Re: How many tracks do you dance?

Depends on a couple of things:

- who I'm dancing with (Friends - it's generally two or more)
    - what track comes on next (I've been known to grab the poor lovely partner I'd just been dancing with when I hear a gorgeous track hit and say "oh no, you're not going anywhere!")
    - how well the first dance went!

That being said I did notice when I first started dancing, the norm in my local area was one dance, and on real exceptions, two. Then at one beach ballroom I bumped into a bunch of Southern invaders for whom apparently two was the norm. At the time I assumed it was a locality thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
    One is generally what I expect (unless you start mid way through a track when its only polite to have at least one full dance).
    After that it depends on how the dance went (especially with new people, I find the first dance is figuring out styles the second is really making the most of it), what the next song is and if they want to. I find I often have 2 dances and if its going well there are certain people I know will ask for 3 (music dependant). Theres one person I had 17 continuous dances with, though thats the joy of the Southport blues room at 4am.
    I had about ten once at Southport.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    as many as I can get before my poor victim finds an escape route
    Hmmmm. Then I promise not to struggle too hard at Berko on Sunday, especially if you've got those fluffy pink handcuffs. Ooops, sorry, mixing my threads

One the norm as Princess Fi said, but I have managed 2 or 3 with the same partner before - luxury of a lovely quiet floor and a couple of my favourite dancers putting up with me in the Blues room!

WT

One is usual for me too, or 1.5 as others have said. However there are one or two people I know who dance two as standard most of the time - once you realise that it's disappointing to get just one, I always think I've done something wrong but I have been known to ask one guy for a third dance when my favouite track has come on and not been turned down, though was pretty knackered after three in a row!

To broaden things out a bit, what about asking someone to dance again later on? Does it depend on if it's a class night, freestyle or weekender as to how often you'll dance with them? And how soon before you worry that you're getting a reputation as a stalker

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    To broaden things out a bit, what about asking someone to dance again later on? And how soon before you worry that you're getting a reputation as a stalker
    Its very flattering, if you like dancing with someone and they ask you more than once during an evening

But, if you don't like dancing with them, then its stalking
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post

To broaden things out a bit, what about asking someone to dance again later on? Does it depend on if it's a class night, freestyle or weekender as to how often you'll dance with them? And how soon before you worry that you're getting a reputation as a stalker

I generally want to dance again with my favourite dancers.

Whether it is at a class night, freestyle or weekenders doesn't bother me (although if I am at a weekender where there are dancers from miles away, or that I haven't seen for an age I might track them down more often), I just try to dance my way around all the new faces (if I can) attempting to remember who dances in my style, and adding them to my dance hitlist (where is the sniper smilie?)

I'm not worrying about becoming a stalker - I know I am one! I have even been known to trek around the dance floor 2 or even 3 times to catch a particularly elusive but favourite dance partner

So now you know my secret - I'm a dance sniper

WT

PS I would like to qualify my answer in light of Lory's reply - I never stalk unless I like my partners
    Last edited by whitetiger1518; 4th-September-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez-Cat View Post
    Hmmmm. Then I promise not to struggle too hard at Berko on Sunday, especially if you've got those fluffy pink handcuffs. Ooops, sorry, mixing my threads
    look forward to it but don't be too disapointed if there are no handcuffs, it's a struggle to remember socks to go with my shoes let alone handcuffs

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    PS I would like to qualify my answer in light of Lory's reply - I never stalk unless I like my partners
    I think many stalkers do 'like' the person they're stalking.

One advantage of asking people for a separate dance later is that they won't notice so readily that I don't know many moves.
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    I think many stalkers do 'like' the person they're stalking. whistle:
    I didn't mean it quite that way as you well know

One advantage of asking people for a separate dance later is that they won't notice so readily that I don't know many moves.:wink
    That is what I hope

WT

Thread Information