Last Friday I tried to access my yahoo email account and it said that my password was incorrect. I never thought anything of it and reset the password. There were hundreds of emails in my inbox so I just deleted them and thought no more about it. Until this morning... I had to reset my password again this time there were over 3000 messages in my inbox mostly saying failed delivery attempt. When I went into the sent items some are from someone called John England wanting to give someone 15% of a treasure chest if they get help to get it out of Iraq the others are written in arabic.

With some help from my work's IT manager we found that someone elses email address was on my account and they've been informed every time I changed my password. They have since been deleted from my account and I have saved the relevant stuff in case it gets investigated. Do you think BT will investigate this fully (it's a BT yahoo account)? And should I be worried that I'll be held responsible for anything?

We've done a virus check and there's nothing on the machine - seems to be purely and email address hack.

Any thoughts and suggestions but mostly words of comfort would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nix