Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Colacino - R.I.P.

Unhappy Jason Colacino - R.I.P.

I just woke up this morning and logged into my facebook news feed, and I did a massive double-take - there's a status update that basically said that Jason Colacino is dead ?!?!

Can anyone confirm this? I sooo wish this isn't true, more info is forthcoming I guess - but what a shock!

Re: Jason Colacino

I saw that too this morning, no more info... this is such a shock... such a sweet guy... RIP...

Terribly sad news to wake up to. RIP.

Something to remember him by.... his promotional videos

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

OMG. What happened?

...... this is such sad news. I have to say that having met Jason a few times this year, I'm sure he will be missed terribly. A lovely, sweet person and a fabulous dancer. May God rest his soul.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJ View Post
    I just woke up this morning and logged into my facebook news feed, and I did a massive double-take - there's a status update that basically said that Jason Colacino is dead ?!?!

Can anyone confirm this? I sooo wish this isn't true, more info is forthcoming I guess - but what a shock!
    I saw that too... I doubt someone would post it, if it wasn't 100% fact, would they?

Very very sad and hard to believe, when I was only dancing with him a few weeks ago
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Ceroc Teacher

Astonishing dancer and a nice guy. Very sad news.

Re: Jason Colacino - Dead

It is interesting that no report of his death is in the mainstream news. I've looked on Reuters, NY Times, BBC, LA Times. I hope it's just someone that has picked up the wrong end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    It is interesting that no report of his death is in the mainstream news. I've looked on Reuters, NY Times, BBC, LA Times. I hope it's just someone that has picked up the wrong end of the stick.
    I've seen comments in quite a few places now, and I haven't seen any "it's not true" debunking. Of course, that doesn't mean it's true - they could easily be getting their news from one source.

As for the mainstream news: these things normally take a bit of time to show up. I think it was a couple of days before there were reports about Arte Phillips' death (and in terms of the mainstream press, Arte was probably a lot better known).

Blog Entries

I'm slightly concerned about this thread.

Like you, I've looked and found nothing official.
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

I have just spoken to Glen Millar in the US.

He was found dead in his appartment yesterday. His family are being very secretive at the moment. This might be due to the emotions they are going through or they might not know the cause of death.

Is/Was he really prominent enough to warrant a mention at such a level?

I have been surprised at the willingness of some people to spread the news of his death (via their FB updates) despite having no confirmation or detail of the what/where/how beyond seeing it on someone else's status update.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    I have just spoken to Glen Millar in the US.

He was found dead in his appartment yesterday. His family are being very secretive at the moment. This might be due to the emotions they are going through or they might not know the cause of death.
    I just spoke to Deborah S Székely

Re: Jason Colacino?

A few people have also said that a guy called Steve died too - are they related?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Jason Colacino?

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post
    A few people have also said that a guy called Steve died too - are they related?
    No, that was just a friend of someone on FB

Re: Jason Colacino - R.I.P.

Is now on the front page at http://rhythmlounge.tv/

Not wishing to get all sycophantic about the guy, but I would like to relate my experience (well not really mine as you will see) of this young man.

Jason and Duplessi (sp?) visited Perth earlier this year for a weekend of Tango workshops. Due to long standing commitments on both days, my wife Aileen and I were unable to attend the workshops but we were able to make it for the parties at night.

The Saturday night was fairly busy, and both guests had a full dance card with Sheena providing an uptempo selection. The Sunday was a bit quieter and the music more chilled. Both Jason & Duplessi, as well as their spotlight dances, were working the room and I never saw either of them off the floor for any length of time.

Eventually, after a bit of hesitation Aileen went over and asked Jason for a dance which he promptly accepted and lead her to the floor. It was, unknown at the time of asking, a fairly obvious tango track so when Jason went to start to lead the tango she explained that she was unable to do it as she had not been to the classes. He could have shrugged and walked away, he could have attempted to lead her in a dance out of her comfort zone or he could have taken a rain check and promised a dance later. He, much to his credit, done none of those and instead said, "Ok, we'll just sit and talk until the next one", and he sat at his table and talked with her for the entire duration of the track. To be honest I don't think Aileen did much talking - just staring - but true to his word he got up and led her in what she later described as a wonderful dance. Afterward, once her feet and head returned to sea level, she related to those at our and neighbouring tables (well the females anyway) how wonderful the whole experience was.

What a true gent who, due to one moment's thought, left a lasting impression on us both.

Was Jason not at a recent Camber event?

sadly, its true that jason colacino has died - i am a west coast swing dancer living in new england, USA, and got an email this mornng from a professional dance instructor saying he had died, and that the news has been confirmed by his family - i have no further information and am trying to find out what happened

the dance world has too many losses! i didnt know jason personally, but watched him dance at many weekend events and took workshops with him - to say he was talented in an understatment - his death, coming not that long after super talented Artie Shaw - well, its a bit much to comprehend - for those of you who done know Artie, he was another shining star, on broadway, etc etc - similar to Jason - and very outgoing - the room lit up when he smiled - Jason had a quieter talent, but it was every bit as huge - he just went his own quiet way

life is short - do something special for a stranger today

mary

Thread Information