Thread: Champs - Sunday Tea Dance suggestion

Champs - Sunday Tea Dance suggestion

Calling all bakers coming to the Tea Dance...

I was thinking of ways that we can raise extra money for Alzheimer Scotland and I was wondering about selling cakes at the Sunday Tea Dance.

If we put our minds together I'm sure that we can get a list of favourite recipes so that we don't get too much overlap. It has even been suggested that if some very special Cakes appear then we could auction them off for people to take home rather than just eat at tea time.. Cheers Tiggerbabe

My offerings so far are Flapjacks, and Chocolate Mint Layer tray bake, I might add a few extra things, depends if my recipes work, and on the response this generates..

So any more suggestions?

Cheers Whitetiger

Re: Champs - Sunday Tea Dance suggestion

I won't be able to make it to the champs (I have to fly out to go dancing in Spain) but I would love to be able to do something to contribute to Alzheimer Scotland - a charity that's very close to my heart too.

If I can organise safe transport I'll happily do a bit of baking for the day -my little lemon cakes appeared to go down well last weekend and a number of my colleagues think I make the best carrot cake they've ever tasted so I could do a whole one of those and maybe some mini-versions to be eaten on the day too.

Brilliant idea
    gb

I'm not sure if I can make it, but again if I can organise transport I'd be happy to make some caramel shortbread which seems to go down a treat with some Dundee dancers

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    I'm not sure if I can make it, but again if I can organise transport I'd be happy to make some caramel shortbread which seems to go down a treat with some Dundee dancers
    Caramel shortbread - you make it, I'll take it.

(Of course I may just settle down in a layby en route and never get to the venue.............)

"A Celebration Cake".
    We did an auction at a birthday party(for charity) and one of the items was a custom made celebration cake up to a certain cost. Made to the design or theme of the person who won it.
    If anyone is good at making celebration cakes (iced birthday, christening or other occasion cakes) they could offer to do that!
    Last edited by Petal; 31st-July-2009 at 02:04 PM.

Kids are a huge fan of baking and are keen to donate all the usual top hats, crispie cakes etc.

Think Pmjd one to work on for the celebration cake as Jillian mentioned great way to raise some extra pennies he helped raise a lot of pennies at charity birthday bash.

Also seen of his more adventurous cakes and they look fab, handbags, penguins and so much more............xxx

or maybe we could work on tinkerbell her cakes are to die for ......yum ...x

Quote Originally Posted by cheeks View Post
    Kids are a huge fan of baking and are keen to donate all the usual top hats, crispie cakes etc.

Think Pmjd one to work on for the celebration cake as Jillian mentioned great way to raise some extra pennies he helped raise a lot of pennies at charity birthday bash.

Also seen of his more adventurous cakes and they look fab, handbags, penguins and so much more............xxx

or maybe we could work on tinkerbell her cakes are to die for ......yum ...x
    All of those ideas sound fab! - Have you got the thumbscrews out of the Playroom to work on Tinkerbell and PJMD

Alternatively just direct them to this thread

Is Lemoncake coming too?? - I'm getting hungry again - and I've just had lunch

WT

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    All of those ideas sound fab! - Have you got the thumbscrews out of the Playroom to work on Tinkerbell and PJMD

Alternatively just direct them to this thread

Is Lemoncake coming too?? - I'm getting hungry again - and I've just had lunch

WT
    I'm sure between myself and petal we could work on them ...not sure about Lemon cake but will find out! xx

Calling all bakers coming to the Tea Dance...

My offerings so far are Flapjacks, and Chocolate Mint Layer tray bake, I might add a few extra things, depends if my recipes work, and on the response this generates..

So any more suggestions?

Cheers Whitetiger
    Definitely still doing a batch or two of Flapjacks, but I might bring Chocolate Fudge instead of chocolate layer cake - quicker to make and less likely to disintegrate as I travel through to Edinburgh.

Anyone mind the change? I might add the layer cake if I have time, but the other two will be definites.

Cheers

WT

Has anyone done any organising of this (apart from all of us bakers busy in the kitchen)?

I was going to bake some mini cakes and a larger cake to be sold / raffled but I want to make sure that it's actually going ahead for fund raising not just for spreading the joy of cake!

Waht I need now is a a volunteer to take the cakes off my hands on Friday night and look after them til the tea dance on Sunday? Preferably someone who would be happy to spread frosting on a big cake. I'll provide everything - apart from myself on the day /

Any volunteers - and any info on whether it's worth me baking the big cake too - or shall I just stick with the little ones? (it's carrot by the way)

Cheers
    gb

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

The cakes at the Tea-dance are being sold to raise money for Alzheimers Scotland. I know of a few people who are bringing cakes along.

'Fraid I can't offer to take the cakes from you, but I'm sure there will be someone at the party on Friday who could help.
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    The cakes at the Tea-dance are being sold to raise money for Alzheimers Scotland. I know of a few people who are bringing cakes along.

'Fraid I can't offer to take the cakes from you, but I'm sure there will be someone at the party on Friday who could help.
    Cool - at least I know they'll be helping to raise funds.

Now, anyone able to take good care of 48 baby carrot cakes and one big mama carrot cake?

(my house smells great )

Sheena, Do you have a list of who is bringing what?

Cheers from a Nosy Whitetiger

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

'Fraid not, I'm up to my ears in too many other lists at the moment
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

I'll leave you in peace then, and just hope that I don't double up someone's masterpiece.

WT

Registered User Little Black Dress's Avatar

I MAY make my extremely moist chocolate celebration cake (vegan, of course), but as I'll be leaving it until Sunday, it may not happen, which is why I didn't put my name down before this.....

I hope we get a lot of people at the tea dance who like cake

Hi LBD,

I'm sure enough of the bakers will bring lots of change, and even if we get lots over (unlikely) I'll be quite happy to pay for swaps so that nothing goes to waste and that Alzheimers Scotland gets as much as possible... I certainly won't be short of the odd tupperware box or two

Cheers WT

I'm bringing carrot cakes - lots of little ones for folk to buy and try and one big one to raffle so someone can give it a good home.
    Didn't manage to get round to the little lemon cakes - but I figured someone else might be doing a something to do with Lemons and Cakes!
    I had grand ideas of making vegan strawberry and banana muffins too but I'm afraid all the other stuff I have to do has caught up with me.

Hope they get to Sunday safely.

Thread Information