Thread: Copying to DVD

Copying to DVD

I've tried to copy from my camcorder through my laptop to DVD. It seems at first to be successful and there are no error messages, but when i try to play the DVD on a DVD player its saying the Disc is dirty. Any advice?

Re: Copying to DVD

Play it in your laptop and see if it works: Probably does. There are settings you can tweak to make it more likely to be read on a DVD player, but computer ones tend to be better at figuring out what's missing/wrong and fixing it on the fly - if a DVD player encounters an error it tends to just fall over. If it encounters something slightly different from what it expects it falls over. It varies from player to player and manufacturer to manufacturer.

Have a look at the options on recording, try the disc in different (other people's) machines, if you have a laptop play it through that...

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    I've tried to copy from my camcorder through my laptop to DVD. It seems at first to be successful and there are no error messages, but when i try to play the DVD on a DVD player its saying the Disc is dirty. Any advice?
    Video copied from a camcorder to a computer is normally saved in .avi format and then has to converted to dvd format. Did your camera come with any software for this, such as Nero or Roxio? If not, get some free software here: Avi2Dvd
    BTW, what camera do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Video copied from a camcorder to a computer is normally saved in .avi format and then has to converted to dvd format. Did your camera come with any software for this, such as Nero or Roxio? If not, get some free software here: Avi2Dvd
    BTW, what camera do you have?
    Thanks guys. The laptop was automatically using windows to try to burn the dvd discs. I've reloaded the software that came with the camcorder and success, now have copy dvd's which will play on dvd player. Thanks for your help.

Thread Information