Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Congratulation Little Monkey!!!

Blog Entries

Re: Congratulation Little Monkey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Pretty soon the Singleton's Sofa will be empty at this rate.
    Hahaha! I wouldn't hold your breath!

Congratulations Little Monkey!!!!

With Love

Rachel (Batgirl)and DTS xxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS LM

HOW ARE YOUR WEDDING CAKES?

Thanks everyone!

Things have moved at an amazing speed in the week and two days (and counting!) since we got engaged. On Saturday I was having a girlie day in Edinburgh with Villemo, and was planning to just have a look in some bridal shops. Just to start getting an idea of what options there are for dresses. I didn't even have money to actually buy one, but........ One shop had an amazing sale on...... And I tried on some dresses....... And accidentally bought one! Well, how could I not, with nearly £900 discount????

Then on Sunday, my gorgeous fiance and I were taking his mum to see a lovely Edwardian mansion house, with gorgeous gardens etc, and then accidentally happened to make a provisional booking for next year.....

And next week I have an appointment to see a lady at a hotel to look at a function suite and discuss catering...... At this rate I'll have organised everything for my wedding a year in advance!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OOOH I say... fab news!

I hope you'll both be very happy!!!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey View Post
    At this rate I'll have organised everything for my wedding a year in advance!
    Swot!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyWeeStar View Post
    Swot!
    He he! I just like being organised...... In a spontanious, impulsive sort of way!

Thanks everyone!

Things have moved at an amazing speed in the week and two days (and counting!) since we got engaged. {wedding planning success} At this rate I'll have organised everything for my wedding a year in advance!
    Well done you! A year ahead is pretty standard ... and 18 months to two years is quite common as well. Dresses apparently take at least six months - no idea how or why, but that just seems to be the way it is.

Cathrine

I tried to find an appropriate Norwegian phrase on line, but the only thing I could find was:
    "Denne herren vil betale for alt"

But just in case that isn't appropriate, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    and 18 months to two years is quite common as well
    still.. Twirly and I are getting there now as we've got most of the big things organised. Still a few things to sort out as some things are just a logistical nightmare, But we're getting there.

however, great to you LM for getting things sorted out so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Feelingpink View Post
    Well done you! A year ahead is pretty standard ... and 18 months to two years is quite common as well. Dresses apparently take at least six months - no idea how or why, but that just seems to be the way it is.
    Really? Well, actually this isn't surprising, with everything there is to organise and plan! Never quite realised how much planning and preparation goes into a wedding until I started on the whole circus myself. And I've discovered already that the best way to upset people, is to get married. I wonder how many people I'll upset or offend (either because they won't be invited to the wedding as it'll be a very small do, or because I don't agree with their ideas or advice.......) in the coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Cathrine

I tried to find an appropriate Norwegian phrase on line, but the only thing I could find was:
    "Denne herren vil betale for alt"

But just in case that isn't appropriate, CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!!

So, if "This gentleman will pay for everything", does that mean I'll send the bill to you? Hooray!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    still.. Twirly and I are getting there now as we've got most of the big things organised. Still a few things to sort out as some things are just a logistical nightmare, But we're getting there.

however, great to you LM for getting things sorted out so quickly.
    So when's your big day? And what has been the biggest problem for you in the wedding preparations?

So when's your big day? And what has been the biggest problem for you in the wedding preparations?
    April next year. And so far the biggest problem has been getting the works on the flat done and out of the way

Actually, there haven't been any major problems for us. I joined a wedding forum a while back, and some of the problems that happen are quite beyond belief – things like someone’s mother saying she won’t come to the wedding if the bride won’t have particular nieces and nephews as flower girls/pageboys, or parents completely taking over the guest list it invite all their friends so the bride and groom hardly know anyone at their own wedding…

Only tip so far – arrange everything yourselves, and pay for everything yourselves! Seems to be working for us so far. Happy planning

congrats hun

good luck

xx

Really? Well, actually this isn't surprising, with everything there is to organise and plan! Never quite realised how much planning and preparation goes into a wedding until I started on the whole circus myself. And I've discovered already that the best way to upset people, is to get married. I wonder how many people I'll upset or offend (either because they won't be invited to the wedding as it'll be a very small do, or because I don't agree with their ideas or advice.......) in the coming year.
    I got engaged beginning of June this year and the wedding's set for October 24th this year.

You'll read lots about how long you need to get thing organised but it can be done sooner.

Probably the biggest "OMG - you've only got 3 months" feedback was from dress shops. Still (as you've realised ) that's not the case if you buy a sample or, in some cases, there's dresses that can arrive quicker (which is what I've done)

I think that if you want a certain date, a certain venue, a certain dress etc it is harder to organise really quickly, but if you're more flexible (which can help with costs as well) than you'll be fine

At the end of the day you have to think about why you're getting married - is it for the pomp and circumstance or is it about the person you're saying your vows to...

Quote Originally Posted by HelenB View Post
    At the end of the day you have to think about why you're getting married - is it for the pomp and circumstance or is it about the person you're saying your vows to...

Exactly!! I think too many people lose sight of why they're actually getting married, and only focus on the wedding day. Of course I want it to be special, but at the end of the day it's not about the guests and the party, but about US and our love and our commitment and future together!

Thread Information