Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: RIP Michael Jackson

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: RIP Michael Jackson

I think kids should go to their dads funeral i've been to a few funerals with a lot of different speakers that have went on for quite some time - nothing strange there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Dont forget he has not been dead a week.
    Call me Miss Picky Boll0x, but he died 2 weeks ago today.

I felt the little speech the girl did was premediated...It was as if they were trying to establish what a good dad he was.
    I think she wanted to say something. I'd want to defend my dead Dad and say how wonderful he was, especially if he'd been given as bad a press as Michael. I felt Janet and all the other siblings were supportive of her making a little speech, I don't believe for one moment they somehow forced her to do it. She seemed determined to make her point about how much she loved him and what a great Dad he was, regardless of the rest of the family.

GET THOSE KIDS OUTTA THERE.
    I got the impression that the Jacksons are a close, strong and loving family unit. Those kids are in the best place, IMO.

Commercial Operator Swinging bee's Avatar

[

Haven't you got any real problems to seeth about? [/QUOTE]

But I like to seeth, stops me focusing on the real problems in the world....

I felt the little speech the girl did was premediated. Dont ask me why but it did not come across right at all. She looked extremely uncomfortable and i saw the son refusing to speak as they walked off at the end even though Janet was trying to encourage it. It was as if they were trying to establish what a good dad he was.

.... GET THOSE KIDS OUTTA THERE.
    Doing a speech at you Dads funeral is never going to be "comfortable", no matter how good or bad he was and no matter how old you are

I was deemed too young to go to my paternal grandma's funeral and have always regretted it. When my maternal Gran died, my headmaster persuaded me to go, he did not ask my parents, he just slip me in one the cars and told me I could have a day off school. It was my first trip in a Rolls Royce, my first funeral and a day I will never forget

Why were the children there? Imagine, your dead dad laying in front of you in a coffin for two hours. Dont forget he has not been dead a week.
    It's not easy for any of us to attend a funeral and see our loved one lying dead in a box in front of us for the duration of the ceremony, but overall I think these ceremonies are an important part of the grief process in the short and long term.

If adults feel the need to take part in a formal ceremony to acknowledge the passing of a loved one, celebrate their life, mourn their death, pay their last respects etc. why do we assume children don't need the same just because they are children?

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    It's not easy for any of us to attend a funeral and see our loved one lying dead in a box in front of us for the duration of the ceremony, but overall I think these ceremonies are an important part of the grief process in the short and long term.
    Yeah I agree. I absolutely hate funerals, but they are important.

It may have been very traumatic for Michaels children to be at the memorial, but I'm sure it would have been a comfort to them to see and hear so many people talk fondly and lovingly about their precious Dad? Hopefully they will look back and be glad they were not excluded from the proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    Elvis will be the King of Pop long after the hype over the Prince of Pop dies down....
    Elvis was the King of Rock n' Roll, not Pop.
    It has been a long time since the 30s and I still want to find more tracks from the Blues / Jazz era....

As long as the music is good it will survive - after all the music world still has the works of Brahms, List and Beethoven etc etc

I watched the memorial, on ITV - thought it was very moving.

The little boy, Blanket, is so sweet. I think the boys do look a bit like MJ now, or perhaps they just have his mannerisms.

There will be a concert on his birthday, 29th August, in London.

Did I mention that we share a birthday?

He's older than me, of course.

In fact, MJ was born a couple of hours before the Comedian Lenny Henry.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post

In fact, MJ was born a couple of hours before the Comedian Lenny Henry.
    Were they twins ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Were they twins ?
    Don't be a Numpty! Lenny Henry is black! Durrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    "No smoke without fire" is a daft statement - centuries of human riots violations could be excused that way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I think the whole "Smoke without fire" argument is a flawed one. it flies in the face of the legal system that's been established that sets out to prove without reasonable doubt the innocence or guilt of the defendant.
    Regardless of the analysis of my use of an established turn of phrase, the point I'm making is if he was innocent why pay off Chandler & Family to keep quiet out of court? If he was as innocent as you say it would have come out in court and he'd have had a clear name.

Saving face is why. He even admitted to Bashir he slept with kids in his bed didn't he? Peter Pan or not, abuse or not, it's still pretty weird.

Quote Originally Posted by frolicols View Post
    He even admitted to Bashir he slept with kids in his bed didn't he? Peter Pan or not, abuse or not, it's still pretty weird.
    Yeah, it's weird to us, but it doesn't make him a nonce. What's weird to most of us may have felt or appeared completely innocent to him, in his world where his father never allowed him to have a childhood.

I think you should be questioning the motives of the parents who let their teenage boys sleep over night with Michael Jackson. Do you think they'd let their son's sleep over at a house of any man in his forty's? I think not!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frolicols View Post
    the point I'm making is if he was innocent why pay off Chandler & Family to keep quiet out of court?
    If his health was suffering and the stress was getting too much due to the allegations - as reports at the time suggested (and wikipedia), of course he is going to use some of his wealth to get it to stop. It says nothing whatsoever about his guilt or innocence. The fact that the parents of the child in question then did NOT push for any trial, points more toward his innocence and their interest in money rather than justice. Perhaps they felt they had no real case?

If he was as innocent as you say it would have come out in court and he'd have had a clear name.
    I never said he was innocent, I have no idea. Are you just reading what you want to read? I don't think it is a surprise that a reclusive yet very wealthy media star, would spend some of his spare change to avoid the huge media circus of a court appearance. His name remains "clear" regardless of appearance in court or not, it would take a conviction for it not to be.

Saving face is why. He even admitted to Bashir he slept with kids in his bed didn't he? Peter Pan or not, abuse or not, it's still pretty weird.
    Sleeping in the same bed with children, that are not your own, would be something I would class as weird too, but being weird is not a crime.
    Here's some further info from the Times on the interview, which certainly sounds like it was structured to put Michael Jackson in a bad light.

DS, you make a very good point and I hadn't thought of it in that way. I still have my conspiracy theory hat on though. Guilty! He also shot JFK you know.

As DS correctly mentioned above since when is being weird a criminal offence? if that was the case I should go on the Lam and fly to a place with no extradition treaty before the normality police catch up with me.

Also paraphrasing what DS mentioned. If you were a parent and your child was assualted sexually by a person.. would you be happy to get a sum of money to keep quiet about it? or would you , as a caring protective parent, want the offender to burn in hell for all eternity with red hot pokers up his derrier but only after being incarcerated for many years in a state prision with a 6 foot 5 serial sodomist called "Bubba"?

most parents would want the latter (or some variation thereof) the fact that they were quite happy to take a sizable sum of cash instead of their day (week, month , year) in court is a little odd don't you think? Any normal parent would tell him to "stuff the money where the moon don't walk!"

if they honestly believed their children were sexually abused yet were happy to take monetary payment for that abuse then what they're saying is "sure you had sex with my child but it's ok as you've paid me for the privaledge!" there's a word for that and it's one of the oldest professions in the book apparently.

of course, if like me and DS you suspect Perhaps they were just out to make a fast buck (with many zeroes at the end) then perhaps you see why I have little faith in that being an assumption of guilt on MJ's case.

I didn't particularly like THE MAN, liked THE MUSIC and granted he was a class A fruitcake with a double helping of nuts. And regardless of public opinion he was still found innocent in a court of law.

as always I must add my little I.M.H.O. clause... your milage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    As DS correctly mentioned above since when is being weird a criminal offence? if that was the case I should go on the Lam and fly to a place with no extradition treaty before the normality police catch up with me.

Also paraphrasing what DS mentioned. If you were a parent and your child was assualted sexually by a person.. would you be happy to get a sum of money to keep quiet about it? or would you , as a caring protective parent, want the offender to burn in hell for all eternity with red hot pokers up his derrier but only after being incarcerated for many years in a state prision with a 6 foot 5 serial sodomist called "Bubba"?

most parents would want the latter (or some variation thereof) the fact that they were quite happy to take a sizable sum of cash instead of their day (week, month , year) in court is a little odd don't you think? Any normal parent would tell him to "stuff the money where the moon don't walk!"

if they honestly believed their children were sexually abused yet were happy to take monetary payment for that abuse then what they're saying is "sure you had sex with my child but it's ok as you've paid me for the privaledge!" there's a word for that and it's one of the oldest professions in the book apparently.

of course, if like me and DS you suspect Perhaps they were just out to make a fast buck (with many zeroes at the end) then perhaps you see why I have little faith in that being an assumption of guilt on MJ's case.

I didn't particularly like THE MAN, liked THE MUSIC and granted he was a class A fruitcake with a double helping of nuts. And regardless of public opinion he was still found innocent in a court of law.

as always I must add my little I.M.H.O. clause... your milage may vary.
    There was a Congresswoman at the Memorial who said that he hadn't been proved guilty.

On behalf of the US Government she presented at the Memorial a Humanitarian Award post humously to Michael Jackson.

Apparently, he was in the Guinness Book of Records, for holding the record as the entertainer who had given most money to Charity.

Thread Information