Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little bit of politics...

A little bit of politics...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    Watching Hitler's: Rise to evil is so fasinating and interesting. He was a monster but the way he came to power was very clever.
    I'm sure the BNP are doing the same thing!

Moved to a new thread as requested - DavidY
    Last edited by DavidY; 11th-June-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Re: What have you learnt in the past 24 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    I'm sure the BNP are doing the same thing!
    more generalisation.

The BNP are just riding the waves of a poor turn out due to mistrust in all the other parties. Chuck in a few more terrorist attacks by illigal immigrants with council houses, benifits coming out of their ears who kill dozens of innocent commuters and I suspect their popularity will increase even further....

The BNP are not responsible for killing millions of innocent men, women and children like Hitler did, and they never will. No matter how bad thigs get, they will never be in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    more generalisation.

The BNP are just riding the waves of a poor turn out due to mistrust in all the other parties. Chuck in a few more terrorist attacks by illigal immigrants with council houses, benifits coming out of their ears who kill dozens of innocent commuters and I suspect their popularity will increase even further....

The BNP are not responsible for killing millions of innocent men, women and children like Hitler did, and they never will. No matter how bad thigs get, they will never be in power.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
    The BNP got in because people are disillusioned with the major parties, yes. And because voters didn't turn out to vote for the main parties - yet the BNP voters did. We had one of the lowest turn outs for an election ever. Which plays straight into the hands of such parties.

But how do we know what will or won't happen in the future? I certainly don't want a bunch of racist bigots running anything, let alone the government (well, at least ones who admit to it in their policies anyway). Therefore I went and voted. And if people don't get out and vote for the alternatives, then such parties will get into power. And I know that the current electoral system isn't perfect, that there are lots of faults with it, but it's what we've got so I'll work with it until it gets reformed/replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke) .
    I like that quote...it's a goodun.

By the way, I dunno if you noticed, but I wasn't airing my political views, just sort of pointing out what you said, but in a different way.

The BNP got in because people are disillusioned with the major parties, yes. And because voters didn't turn out to vote for the main parties - yet the BNP voters did. We had one of the lowest turn outs for an election ever. Which plays straight into the hands of such parties.

But how do we know what will or won't happen in the future? I certainly don't want a bunch of racist bigots running anything, let alone the government (well, at least ones who admit to it in their policies anyway). Therefore I went and voted. And if people don't get out and vote for the alternatives, then such parties will get into power. And I know that the current electoral system isn't perfect, that there are lots of faults with it, but it's what we've got so I'll work with it until it gets reformed/replaced.
    true true but the BNP arent the brightest tools in the shed, they hosted a chritmas party and the DJ who turned up was black, the reason they booked him "he sounded white on the phone"

The advertising slogan of the Spitfire, the epitome of being British, the symbol of patriotism, then some bright spark thought they would check the serial number of the plane and reaveled it was a plane used by the polish, they had a picture of two builders with some blahing about jobs, the picture was from America!

So even if they did get in power how would they know how to run the country when they cant do their advertising properly?

I like that quote...it's a goodun.

By the way, I dunno if you noticed, but I wasn't airing my political views, just sort of pointing out what you said, but in a different way.
    Yes, I realised that - just don't like the idea that we can be apathetic and not expect the BNP to get into power, so wanted to highlight that. The BNP are not the same as Hitler and the nazis, but we still need to be careful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    ...that Jeremy Clarkson's school fees were paid for by Paddington Bear.
    and I expect that, as an immigrant, the BNP would have him kicked out.

Yes, I realised that - just don't like the idea that we can be apathetic and not expect the BNP to get into power, so wanted to highlight that. The BNP are not the same as Hitler and the nazis, but we still need to be careful.
    Nearly happened in France only a few years ago .

If you didn't vote - what right do you have to bitch about it?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    If you didn't vote - what right do you have to bitch about it?
    every right - why vote if there is no one to vote for? The low turnouts say something about the whole system. "They are all pretty much the same anyway" is a statement I've heard more than a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    every right - why vote if there is no one to vote for? The low turnouts say something about the whole system. "They are all pretty much the same anyway" is a statement I've heard more than a few times.
    Even the BNP has the lowest turn out in 5 years.

But i think if the vote was redone more people would vote .. The same as happened in France a few year back when the same situation happened.

I agree though that who really is worth voting for anymore. As all they say now when spending our money on extra homes etc.. is "it was within the rules."

I think it's wrong that they get paid extra just to go to work. Or get an extra home if they live to far away from where they work. .
    Then can happly raise the petrol tax etc when they say the country is in trouble. I.e it comes across as making us pay for there 'toys'
    All if this has meant most people have lost confidence in it all.
    Although I still think more people will vote from now on knowing that they don't want the BNP to get a change.....Although i guess time will tell....

Whilst I agree that the choice of whom to vote for is extremely limited, if you don't excecise the right to vote, you could find it disappears, or such parties as the BNP get elected whom you don't approve of. So if the BNP gets in and you didn't bother to vote, then it's your own blimmin fault for not bothering to vote in the first place. Of course if you didn't vote and you're not bothered by the BNP getting in - then you wouldn't be complaining would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    true true but the BNP arent the brightest tools in the shed, they hosted a chritmas party and the DJ who turned up was black, the reason they booked him "he sounded white on the phone"
    and they are "dreaming of a white Christmas, with every Christmas card they try to write."
    The advertising slogan of the Spitfire, the epitome of being British, the symbol of patriotism, then some bright spark thought they would check the serial number of the plane and reaveled it was a plane used by the polish,
    The neo nazi's are huge in Poland.
    they had a picture of two builders with some blahing about jobs, the picture was from America!
    and in the USA,- go by the name of the Aryan Brotherhood.

They are the same as Hitler. They worship Hitler and his "ideals"
    Hitler has never gone away.
    They don't even believe the Holocaust took place.

They also believe that "A woman's place is in the home", and her only career should be as a mother.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Whilst I agree that the choice of whom to vote for is extremely limited, if you don't excecise the right to vote, you could find it disappears, or such parties as the BNP get elected whom you don't approve of.
    If government really wanted to hear the will of the people, they would make voting compulsory like Australia.

So if the BNP gets in and you didn't bother to vote, then it's your own blimmin fault for not bothering to vote in the first place.
    No it isn't. If I didn't vote and a party I disagreed with got elected its hardly my fault, unless they won by only 1 vote. In which case...oops!

Of course if you didn't vote and you're not bothered by the BNP getting in - then you wouldn't be complaining would you?
    Anyone can complain if they want (free country and all that) regardless of whether they vote or not. I might still complain that people who did vote, voted all wrong

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post

They are the same as Hitler.
    What, Austrian ?

They worship Hitler and his "ideals"
    What, all of his ideals ? or just some of them ? i wouldn't necessarily compare all BNP members to Hitler, he didn't invent fascism, war , genocide or anything else. Talking about what people actually stand for is preferable to simply saying they are "like Hitler".

Hitler has never gone away.
    I'm pretty sure he's dead.

They don't even believe the Holocaust took place.
    Theres a few choice quotes from him here. Lovely man, never a dull conversation

They also believe that "A woman's place is in the home", and her only career should be as a mother.
    You find that in every country, especially amongst the religious conservatives.

IMO If they want to make voting compulsory then that is fine by me: either

1) let us have the day off so that I can reach my polling station (no I haven't changed my polling station since moving - but I couldn't have reached the new one either since I had a night class after work)

or

2) make it e-polling so that I can vote in my breaks

I didn't vote last week because I have a life --- If you want me to vote without about 4 months notice (so it can go into my diary) then it would have to be virtual voting.. I'm don't mind voting, it is just that I hate being forced to vote in a way that doesn't suit my lifestyle..

WT

Can any of the mods move all the posts about voting into a new thread please

I had no idea mentioning Hitler would start a whole discussion about the EU and politics

I had no idea mentioning Hitler would start a whole discussion about the EU and politics
    nah that was me

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    I didn't vote last week because I have a life --- If you want me to vote without about 4 months notice (so it can go into my diary) then it would have to be virtual voting.. I'm don't mind voting, it is just that I hate being forced to vote in a way that doesn't suit my lifestyle..
    Why not register for a postal vote?
    Done for you.
    Love dance, will travel

... - why vote if there is no one to vote for? .
    That only happens in a dictatorship

Sometimes it's a case of choosing the lesser evil

No matter how bad things get, they will never be in power.
    don't like the idea that we can be apathetic and not expect the BNP to get into power
    Just a thought...as we live in a multi racial society, surely it would be highly unlikely that the BNP would ever get in to power here, even if a high proportion of white people did decide to vote for them.

They may gain more seats due to more votes for them, or less votes for the others due to apathy, but our country's ethnic mix wouldn't support a win would it?

Thread Information