Thread: Just for DS!!

Just for DS!!

I saw this in The Metro newspaper this morning and made me laugh

This one is for you, Papa Smurf!!

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article...4&in_page_id=2

Re: Just for DS!!

I bet they all worship Papa Smurf

Possible idea for fundraising at the Scottish Champs? Or would all that Blue food colouring rub off on your partners??

Got to get a new filter for my imagination, just at the thought it has gone into hyperdrive

WT

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    This one is for you, Papa Smurf!!
    I did know about that, but was nowhere near swansea to help out

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Shark View Post
    I bet they all worship Papa Smurf
    And there are a few smurfettes too, damn, should have gone

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger1518 View Post
    Possible idea for fundraising at the Scottish Champs? Or would all that Blue food colouring rub off on your partners??
    having considered my options before, i realised that most ways to colour skin are liable to come of when you sweat - latex seemed like a good bet but it sticks to itself too easily, so useless for fingers. Next time ill just use face paints and carry plenty for top ups any other suggestions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    having considered my options before, i realised that most ways to colour skin are liable to come of when you sweat - latex seemed like a good bet but it sticks to itself too easily, so useless for fingers. Next time ill just use face paints and carry plenty for top ups any other suggestions ?
    I heard about a girl who painted herself in latex paint and died due to hyperthermia, so latex isn't a good option, you could probably get a blue spandex onesy, to stop turning you partner into a smurf hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    I heard about a girl who painted herself in latex paint and died due to hyperthermia,
    If that's all she was wearing and it was cold I dare say she would die of Hyperthermia...

However if you're thinking about the Hypoxia-caused-by-all-over-body painting-causing-body-not-to-breathe-cause-of-death type thing... I'm afraid that's an urban myth caused by mr Sean Connery in Goldfinger.

sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    If that's all she was wearing and it was cold I dare say she would die of Hyperthermia...

However if you're thinking about the Hypoxia-caused-by-all-over-body painting-causing-body-not-to-breathe-cause-of-death type thing... I'm afraid that's an urban myth caused by mr Sean Connery in Goldfinger.

sorry.
    If it was cold it would by Hypothermia, Hyperthermia is when she over heated cause she couldn't sweat and her thermoregulatory system was rendered useless so she over heated.

If it was cold it would by Hypothermia, Hyperthermia is when she over heated cause she couldn't sweat and her thermoregulatory system was rendered useless so she over heated.
    Hypo.. hyper.. I always get those two confused. It always caused me problems when I was sitting my 1st aid exams.

"Let me see is it Hypo or Hyperglycemia ? hmm.. should I give them this lump of kendal mint cake or not??"

But yes.. you're quite correct.. my bad. If they couldn't sweat they would overheat. I just thought it "amusing" somebody just wearing a thin layer of paint dying of the cold. (No stray,DT I don't really find it funny.. )

Hypo.. hyper.. I always get those two confused. It always caused me problems when I was sitting my 1st aid exams.

"Let me see is it Hypo or Hyperglycemia ? hmm.. should I give them this lump of kendal mint cake or not??"

But yes.. you're quite correct.. my bad. If they couldn't sweat they would overheat. I just thought it "amusing" somebody just wearing a thin layer of paint dying of the cold. (No stray,DT I don't really find it funny.. )
    give them the cake anyway

well if they did get cold would they really need paint?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

that would be hypothermia surely ? (as has been discussed i see)

give them the cake anyway
    Yup quite right ! If they're Hypo and you give them sugar you could quite realistically save their lives and stop them going into coma. if they're Hyper and you give them sugar.. you'll make them slightly sicker but not usually life threateningly so.

and in a feeble attempt to get this back on thread...

I wonder if Smurfs are diabetic due to their diet of smurfberries and sarsaparilla ??
    Last edited by Beowulf; 12th-June-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Yup quite right ! If they're Hypo and you give them sugar you could quite realistically save their lives and stop them going into coma. if they're Hyper and you give them sugar.. you'll make them slightly sicker but not usually life threateningly so.

and in a feeble attempt to get this back on thread...

I wonder if Smurfs are diabetic due to their diet of smurfberries and sarsaparilla ??
    no. but dogs make us sneeze

Thread Information