Thread: Footballer salaries

Blog Entries

Footballer salaries

I must say im a little disturbed about the money these footballers earn.

I dont know his name as i know bugger all about the sport but one of em is set to earn 200k a week. A WEEK.

Now excuse me but isn't that a tad excessive, dare i say, repulsive.

What on earth do these guys do that deserve such a salary.

I mean, lets compare them to some meaningful careers shall we... mmm lets see...#These are approximate and total guess work but i dont think im far away....

Doctor - 200k a year if private.
    Nurse - 30 k a year if lucky
    Vetinarian - 50k a year if working for somebody.
    Dentist - private - mmm 400k a year if the the cost of my treatments.

Footballer - 12 milion a year salary plus extras.

HELLO!!

When is somebody going to realise that this is ridiculous, uncalled for, totally unacceptable and wrong.

Re: Footballer salaries

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I must say im a little disturbed about the money these footballers earn.

When is somebody going to realise that this is ridiculous, uncalled for, totally unacceptable and wrong.

It is ridiculous and something really does need to be done!

The guy taking on the headship for the school I work at which has 2000 children and 150 staff will be paid £125K/annum.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

your figures are ridculous, don't know about anything else

It's all relative. More money goes into football, therefore there are higher salaries.

If doctors had 40000 attendances for surgery each week I'm sure they'd get paid more too!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frolicols View Post
    It's all relative. More money goes into football, therefore there are higher salaries.

If doctors had 40000 attendances for surgery each week I'm sure they'd get paid more too!
    its that sort of thinking that put the world in a credit crisis. There is not enough profit going into football for the inflated salaries that many players command -

Richest UK teams - players wages big cost

In Germany Just 19 of 36 first and second-league teams are profitable

and a quote on the Premiership from here
    But take a look at the annual review of football finance by the accountants Deloitte, released earlier this year. Players' wage costs are huge, eating up 63 per cent of total turnover in 2006-7. At some overstretched clubs, it is considerably more. And wages rose by 13 per cent in that year. That is ravaging the bottom line. Only eight Premier League clubs recorded an operating profit over that period. And pre-tax losses reached a new high. What all this means is that a hefty proportion of the high revenues of top-level football are going straight out of the door in paying players. One thing they are not being used for is to repay capital debt.
    ...and bear in mind this is an OLD article that mentions Setantas money coming in, money which many teams may never now see.

well if the clubs arent profitable take the players wages down a bit. I would love to see someone blow over 200K a week (well C.Ronaldo might do it with the cars he seems to end up creaming.) though if we did that there would be protests saying they were being hard done by. Righ guys you work about 2 hours every weekend and about 2-4 hours during the day at traning sessions....are you really being hard done by???

When will people understabnd that the 'worthiness' of a job has zero relevance to the wages paid? Salary is almost always related to supply and demand. Like it or not, top footballers are in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    its that sort of thinking that put the world in a credit crisis. There is not enough profit going into football for the inflated salaries that many players command -

Richest UK teams - players wages big cost

In Germany Just 19 of 36 first and second-league teams are profitable

and a quote on the Premiership from here

...and bear in mind this is an OLD article that mentions Setantas money coming in, money which many teams may never now see.
    I never said that it was profits that was driving it, purely the inflated capital that goes into football. Turnovers are getting stupidly high. It's just a statement that with more money circulating, stupid money gets thrown at players.

You are right, too many teams get into debt thinking they can compete financially just because higher earning clubs start to splash cash around. Look at Leeds United as prime example number 1.

Historically people never bought a football club to turn a profit, it was a labour of love. Not so any more it seems.

Thread Information