Thread: New Glasgow Venue - Ceroc at Jumpin' Jaks!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New Glasgow Venue - Ceroc at Jumpin' Jaks!

I finally confirmed all the details for the new Glasgow venue. From Tuesday 13th January, we will run a brand new night at Jumpin' Jaks, 292 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JA, Glasgow, the best dance venue in Glasgow!

This venue is so good it has to be seen to be believed! A huge, quality wooden floor, great stage, licensed bar, air conditioning, great sound system, and very central, just up from where the cinema used to be in Sauchiehall Street! Only a 5/10 minutes walk from Buchanan St Underground...

The new night will start at 7.30pm, with a Beginners class, followed by an Intermediate / Style class, and Ceroc music will be played until 10.30 after which, everyone can stay until late while the resident DJ takes over the decks!

For those of you who can't wait for the New Year, we're having a Christmas party on Tuesday 16th December in Jumpin' Jaks... 7.30pm 'til late

Franck.

The Forum Legend
    YAY!!!

Franck, Sheena, Mairi, Graham and myself went along there last night after Ceroc. And had a great time. Lots of (good) floor space for dancing on. Great sound system.

It should be a fantastic night.

It's just a shame that I can't come on a Tuesday (that's my DJ night in Aberdeen). But, that'll no doubt encourage some more of you to go

Steve

Great news for Glasgow dancers!

Just to echo what Franck and Steve have said - this venue is absolutely brilliant. Great atmosphere, great sound/lighting, lots of space for dancing/watching, and you can go on as long as you like after the class! Can't wait for December 16th!

Re: New Glasgow Venue - Ceroc at Jumpin' Jaks!

Originally posted by Franck
    I finally confirmed all the details for the new Glasgow venue. From Tuesday 13th January, we will run a brand new night at Jumpin' Jaks, 292 Sauchiehall Street, G2 3JA, Glasgow, the best dance venue in Glasgow!
    The new night will start at 7.30pm, with a Beginners class, followed by an Intermediate / Style class, and Ceroc music will be played until 10.30 after which, everyone can stay until late while the resident DJ takes over the decks!
    YIPEE YIPEE YIPEE YIPEE YIPEE YIPEE YIPEE.

Now i am gonna have to learn the names of all those ceroc style tunes so i can ASK the DJ to play us more music..Have disc will play.....please..........ok a wee drink for you kind DJ maybe even stretch it to a bottle of .............Ah thats more like it.....dont suppose you could play a few slow ones as well.......

Suddenly Edinburgh appears to be heading for 2nd Best venue.

Ok fellow cerocers in Glasgow are we all going to give it a try next wednesdsay after class. Must ask the smoothies if they will go.....(small group of female glasgow girls). Mmmmm any guys going except me...........Stewart m surely and bring those sparkly things with you it is December and xmas time (ok cufflinks then) Graham and others ????

Parking might be a little bit more difficult though especially if something on in the Kings Theatre on Tuesdays? but hey what an advert for ceroc with plenty of fliers left around and clowns (or monkeys) like me up dancing.......er......that part maybe a negative:sorry

An Eclectic Toaster

Re: Re: New Glasgow Venue - Ceroc at Jumpin' Jaks!

Originally posted by michael
    Ok fellow cerocers in Glasgow are we all going to give it a try next wednesdsay after class. Must ask the smoothies if they will go.....(small group of female glasgow girls). Mmmmm any guys going except me...........Stewart m surely and bring those sparkly things with you it is December and xmas time (ok cufflinks then) Graham and others ????
    The Glasgow Smoothies? Is this an official name to rival the MAd crew? And I'm quite relieved to find out they're female girls

Looking forward to trying out JJ's - hope it lives up to the hype!

Commercial Operator

Re: Re: Re: New Glasgow Venue - Ceroc at Jumpin' Jaks!

Originally posted by Stuart M
    The Glasgow Smoothies? Is this an official name to rival the MAd crew? And I'm quite relieved to find out they're female girls

As opposed to "Male girls".??.....which would be the group led by Andy MacGregor

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: New Glasgow Venue - Ceroc at Jumpin' Jaks!

Originally posted by Stuart M

Looking forward to trying out JJ's - hope it lives up to the hype!
    The Glasgow Smoothies! Excellent name

So far, we have the Dundee MAd. Crew, The Glasgow Smoothies, the Aberdeen Massive...
    What about Edinburgh? or Perth? Could be interesting.

Re. Jumpin'Jaks, we went back last Wednesday and had more fab dances.
    Nobody was brave enough to try the surfboard bouncy castle this time (unlike the previous week, Mairi was a natural )

Just wanting to clarify too that the Christmas party night on the 16th December will be the normal price (£6.00) but with Beginners and Fun Class and dancing 'til late.

The opening on the 13th January will be a free night.

Franck.

Yep i walked into Jumping Jaks last Wednesday with trampy, Dave H, Jayne (re-naming Jayne i mean i cant really call her "Dynamite smoothie"!) , Sheena, Franck. Champagne & Chocolate smoothie Francis (spelt correctly ) and Brady.

One thing i find nice at any dance venue is the feeling you are at a nightclub. You know the coloured lights (not flashing thank god) and warm feeling you are out somewhere special and not some hall hired for the night!

I am pleased to say it had the nightclub feeling and so it should, since that is, afterall what the venue is!!

GREAT DANCE FLOOR ONCE THEY REMOVE THAT MASSIVE BIG AIR CASTLE THING WITH A SURFBOARD ON IT. It has two other smaller areas where you can dance, which i would imagine would be great for beginners to practice after their class and me to do drops and er...whatever

Once the ceroc music gets flowing i am sure it will be a great success (rap music mostly on the night we went) The one big bonus i do see is that given the place will be full of cerocers at the end of the class 10.30pm and the nightclub takes over, you then have the opportunity to stay on and dance free of charge. I am sure they will continue to play ceroc based music for the next hour or so until the place fills up with nightclubbers so it is looking good overall. Well done to Franck for getting the place. We all have different tastes for sure but to have a nightclub instead of a hall is absolutely marvelous and a great boost to the ceroc image

Commercial Operator
    Champagne & Chocolate smoothie Francis (spelt correctly )

No it Ain't Michael........female version is spelled FrancEs......
    We will have to get Heather to give you detention to write a hundred times.....
    Female version has an E...male version has an I.....

Jumpin Jaks sounds great, will make a point of getting through sometime

Daphne

GREAT DANCE FLOOR ONCE THEY REMOVE THAT MASSIVE BIG AIR CASTLE THING WITH A SURFBOARD ON IT
    Please leave in place for Xmas party- not had a bounce on one of these for a long time

Thread Information