Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Southport Scorch May 2009 Review / aftermath Thread

Re: Ceroc Southport Scorch May 2009 Review / aftermath Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    And then some!! Sadly not quite the roasting Batman and Spiderman ...
    I was on a mission to track down Spidddyyy got him in the end, it was worth the stalking

poor Aston cried when spiderman disserpeard off to the decking for a dance Linda's dad when looking to fech him back for a photo

Smile Re: Ceroc Southport Scorch May 2009 Review / aftermath Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post

why didn't we dance ????
    Well i could blame it on my shy nature except i used that excuse far too much of late. Just ran out of time i guess...

Plus i got sunlicked! Being sunshine starved in aberdeen. I embraced the sunshine a little too much at the hopper party.

Not to mention i was a tad nervous for sack the DJ. (Many thanks to Sinbad for pushing me off the cliff!!) Not that it mattered as i quiet that very low profile on that one.

If your at skeggy I'll happily que for a dance Fletch Didn't dance with alot of people at the weekend. So maybe be in a few queues for next time

Scorch at Southport really did live up to its name. Personally I think it was probably the best weekender I have been on yet.

As many have said already the music was fantastic, but I can only comment on the blues room as I never left it all weekend. I really don’t think that I heard a bad set during the whole weekend.

My personal highlights where:

All the fun and games on Saturday, even thou I managed to kill my mobile by jumping in the pool after winning the three legged Space hopper race. But I was a little drunk at the time.

Every tag dance that I had, and introducing tagging to a few more people was so much fun.

The six or seven person hug/body ripple dance, I was in heaven being between Lory and Jive-Vee, I just wish there was a video of that.

The chocolate orgasm part… A massive thank you to Gamebird. As she did about 90% of the work for both of the chocolate orgasm parties. I’m pretty sure that everyone that came and had one left feeling thoroughly fulfilled.

Getting to meet a few more Forumites including Franck as well as Mel and Tonic, who managed to always look incredibly glamorous all weekend (Mel not Franck)

Finally getting to know Lulu baby better along with a few more of the Scottish ladies. Thank you all for my dances.

Having Georgious Dancer as a travelling companion, without her I think the journey would have driven me mad… I hope I didn’t get GD addicted to jelly snakes.

I have no complaint what so ever and can’t wait for the next one.

Glad to be of service anytime Fletch, favours of the dancing variety preferable in return!

Well pips a stunning weekend with marvellous dancing, sunshine fit for a tropical island and all in all a great time had by me and everyone I saw.

It was especially nice to share a cigarette with Scarface outside on the patio area. Keep at giving up mate I am sure you and Trouble will get there eventually.

In conclusion if you missed it.....WHY????

Most happiest person I saw all weekend was Georgeous Dancer, glowing was she, well done Tash nice to see you so happy.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    For me, the Milonga's were a major highlight. Something suddenly clicked into place with my following too I'm not sure if it was the same guy Ruby but I also danced with a guy from Portsmouth, although i'm sure his name was Richard but WOW, he got my legs and feet doing things I didn't even know they could do!
    Yes Lory he sounds like the same guy and I've probably got the name wrong, brilliant leader
    Request please !!!
    Would it be possible for the milongas to be extended for at least another half an hour at least. Thank you
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Would it be possible for the milongas to be extended for at least another half an hour at least. Thank you
    I don't know how well attended the Milonga (is that the correct pluralisation ) were but I think a case could be made for making the latin quarter more about tango and less (if at all) about WCS. I base this on the fact that
    * a lot of the blues room music is fine for WCS dancing
    * the floorcraft issues that caused such a WCS backlash at JA Southports are not there with the Ceroc events, IMO due to lower numbers, both overall and of experienced WCS dancers

Highlights

The weather, the music and so many lovely dances. It was great to get to dance with so many new leaders and to get so many dances from my Scottish colleagues, who I often only get to dance with once a week and I didn’t even have to queue.

Had a great time in the Milonga, thanks for all the dances, it was so nice to be able to Tango 3 nights in a row.

Had so many great dances over the weekend, some of the highlights were my blues/tango fusion with Marc, my cheeky dance with Amr, my raunchy dance with DTS (even if he did nibble my arm!!), being touched by the hand of Franck and Marc not stealing him away, Richard from Portsmouth for both Tango and MJ dances – what fun!

Thanks to all the people I chatted to and danced with for the laughs and the thrills that make this a brilliant weekend.

Special thanks to the crowd control helpers during the classes, you did a fantastic job during the Tango workshop and made sure no one was standing out for long. Really enjoyed Jason and Dupressey’s workshops, got loads to practice.

The sabotage workshop was also fun, watch out boys!! especially Firefly’s “The Alan Effect”.`

The space hopper BBQ was great fun, but as has been previously been said would have benefited from a central sharing table. The games and sound system were well organised and great fun, and can relive it all again with the videos of it.

Having a dance where Noel didn’t do “That Move” !!

Meeting Gamebird and Batnurse at the service station and reliving the weekend. And then Aleks and Luca at a different services (thanks for the smoothie)

Lowlights

The middle of the dance floor in the latin room, it was a nightmare to dance on, next time can the whole floor be covered with the temporary flooring?

The men who refused a dance with me on Sat Night,

Not being fingered by KPS, and missing the second chocolate orgasm party.

Where did the weekend go to, the days and nights were just not long enough. Roll on the next one

I must say there was no WCS and Jiving divide this weekend it was very harmonious all round methinks.

Seems the big bad Ceroc monster has got it right once again, the absolute bounders, giving everyone what they want and delivering an excellent package to boot.

In conclusion a weekend of better music than the last Skeggy, cheaper and much much better dance floors, hats off to Ceroc.

DTS XXX XXX

I had a great time at southport.

Good
    - brilliant weather
    - good music
    - great dances (thanks to everyone who I got to dance with)
    - great group of friends travelling down and back
    - DJ Wuzzle breaking his DJ cherry
    - great wcs and tango workshops
    - cakes courtesy of Gamebird

Bad
    - floor in the latin room needs repair

Definitely will be going back in October

Where do I start?! This was such a fantastic weekend... So much fun! There is so much I want to write, but I'm thinking a lot of it should be left unsaid!

The Good

The company on the drive to and from Southport. Paul and Becky and Esther are fab!

The music hit the spot all weekend... I hardly ventured out of the blues room. I love it in there. I think I danced one song in the main room... And a few times in the latin room.

Thankyou to everyone who danced with me over the weekend - you are all fantastic! Too many people to mention, and don't want to miss anyone out. You know who you are!

Getting to know people better, and catching up with friends.

The weather.

The Bad

Waking up still drunk on the Saturday morning... And the Sunday morning...

Having very sore feet at certain points, and having to dance through the pain.

Not dancing with everyone I'd have liked to...

Not dancing enough tango - I missed the milongas.

The highlights for me this weekend have to be...

Both of the chocolate orgasm parties (which got very messy!) And sharing a chocolate orgasm with Amr! Even though I did manage to get the chocolate everywhere! I just couldn't fit it all in my mouth!

The spacehopper party...

My spacehopper, and the writing on it! Thanks Franck, Sheena, and Kev!

The big group hug/dance/grind type thing. That was fun! Nice to meet you, Jive-vee lol!

The dance with Joe and KPS. Boys you really know how to make a girl feel good!

All of the tag dances...

My dance with Lory outside one afternoon...

Claire S doing the whole chocolate orgasm wrong! I just found it so funny! "Is it meant to look like that?!" Your biscuit was meant to be in your mouth, not still in the cup! No wonder it didn't have the desired effect!

Having Esther as my chalet mate! Oh the memories! Certainly a weekend we'll never forget! For so many reasons!

And last, but by no means least... KPS (and his tux!) I enjoyed spending so much time with you over the weekend. Next time I will try not to go up to everyone and tell them how gorgeous you are, and ask them to smell you! But, really, you know it's your own fault - it would never have happened if you hadn't wore your tux, and wore such nice aftershave! What was I supposed to do! Thankyou for making it such a good weekend!

This certainly was a weekend to remember... AMAZING!

LuLu Baby x
    Last edited by LuLu Baby; 2nd-June-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    Distributing Beo’s baking
    Thank you so much Beo, your wonderful baking saved my life. Just when I was about to give in to exhaustion a couple of times, Twirly offered me some of your handy work and it perked me up enought to keep me going till the end!

The barbecue I didn’t enjoy as much as last year’s I’m afraid. There didn’t seem to be a central table to put stuff to share, and most people (whom I didn’t know) seemed to be sitting down in little groups rather than mixing and chatting when I arrived. 1pm was too early for me,
    I didn't feel the time was really an issue,(any time between 1 and 9? ) as I thought the time was intended to be very casual, to cater for everyone's plans, I too got there very late but things still seemed to be in full swing and the atmosphere was electric but I get your point about the central table.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Pants View Post
    Loved catching up with people I see way too seldom, Lory (hope you deleted the video),
    Great to see you too Charlie, I've missed dancing with you!

Only down side was the existance of rude refusers.
    Unfortunately you get arses, in all walks of life!

Quote Originally Posted by kps View Post
    The six or seven person hug/body ripple dance, I was in heaven being between Lory and Jive-Vee,
    I got the best place.. right in the middle!

Quote Originally Posted by rubyred View Post
    Request please !!!
    Would it be possible for the milongas to be extended for at least another half an hour at least.
    Where did the time go???????????

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    I don't know how well attended the Milonga were but I think a case could be made for making the latin quarter more about tango and less (if at all) about WCS. I base this on the fact that
    On the other hand, I heard a lot of people praising the fact that there was a dedicated WCS slot.
    The Milonga wasn't packed but had plenty enough to make a great atmosphere but enough room to make the dance progressive (travelling) without any problems!
    How well the WCS was attended?
    Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    I must say there was no WCS and Jiving divide this weekend it was very harmonious all round methinks.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LuLu Baby View Post
    Waking up still drunk on the Saturday morning... And the Sunday morning...
    was there ever a point you were actually sober?

My dance with Lory outside one afternoon...
    Oi you, what you laughing at?
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Maybe we should all move to Scotland........

was there ever a point you were actually sober?
    Could you tell?! I don't remember a lot of the weekend, but was told about some of it! I was sober on Sunday (I think!)

Oi you, what you laughing at?
    That was a fun dance! And I got so used to *being bent forwards* over the weekend (can I just add... while dancing!) that whenever I had my back to someone I almost always tried to bend forwards without them having to *put me into the right position* Wasn't there a video of that dance?! But, I thought we did pretty well, considering we were both drunk (I think!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazibaby View Post
    my fun started with 3 Glaswegians and an Oz trying to squeeze their luggage into a car big enough for 2….:lol
    Hey we would have had plenty space if you hadn't insisted on packing all those dirty knickers!

Had a fabulous time at S'port.
    Thanks to my chalet buddy tiger pants and John and Hazel for a weekend of laughter, great medicine!
    I had lots of fantastic dances with lots of fun people in a great atmosphere with the best music the whole weekend,Dj's all had really good sets esp Phyllis who is so tight in more ways than one, she only gave me 15 seconds of a track, you owe me a good funky track

Weather just invited me to have lots of cool gin and tonics, although not everything with tonic was cool and my new favey drink pear cider went down a treat too

And yep only downside were the few people who refuse dances in not a very nice manner it's only a very small percentage of dancers that do it but it can really ruin peoples weekend.
    However once I twitch my nose and whistle on my broom.............

My spacehopper, and the writing on it! Thanks Franck, Sheena, and Kev!
    Sheena was great at jazzing up all our space hoppers

The dance with Joe and KPS. Boys you really know how to make a girl feel good!
    Joe is just the master at tag, I just tried to follow his lead... but Im sure I speak for him too when I say it was our pleasure.

Claire S doing the whole chocolate orgasm wrong! I just found it so funny! "Is it meant to look like that?!" Your biscuit was meant to be in your mouth, not still in the cup! No wonder it didn't have the desired effect!
    How did I forget that!!! that was so funny.

And last, but by no means least... KPS (and his tux!) I enjoyed spending so much time with you over the weekend. Next time I will try not to go up to everyone and tell them how gorgeous you are, and ask them to smell you! But, really, you know it's your own fault - it would never have happened if you hadn't wore your tux, and wore such nice aftershave! What was I supposed to do! Thankyou for making it such a good weekend!
    are you try to make me blush again?

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    1.THE MUSIC I can really only talk about the blues room as we only went into the fast room to use the bar and we had one dance in there the whole weekend.I did not and i repeat, DID NOT, hear a bad song all weekend.
    and Trouble, I danced in the other rooms and the music was spot on in them as well.
    3. THE COMPANY - I cant remember a weekender being as friendly as this one. There was no atmosphere that i could feel and groups of forumites were not apparant. There was no clique. Not anywhere. It was fantastic.

5. Scarface He did something wonderful this weekend

He danced with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    Apart from less freestyle rooms, less variety in teaching, and no longer being very distinct from other Ceroc weekenders, which can be had closer to London ?

I assume you were talking about the great music, friendly atmosphere, knowledgable teachers and brilliant dancing.
    For me, the Milonga's were a major highlight.....
    And there were lots of other lovely leads too, lots of them I already know well but this weekend I've completely blown away with their progress and at this point I have to mention a few names, Ant, Marc Forster, Rob Ambridge, Warren and Amr, to the point that at the end of Sunday nights Milonga, I got quite emotional. The music was perfect too!
    I would also add that the music played in the Milongas by Marc Foster was fantastic and it seems I had the same pleasant experience with the the followers I was lucky enough to dance with, yourself Lory, Rachel, Ruby Red and Zebra Woman, as well as the other lovely ladies not on the forum every dance was delightful.

I don't know how well attended the Milonga.....
    but I think a case could be made for making the latin quarter more about tango and less (if at all) about WCS.
    IMO the time allocated to Milongas in comparison to numbers was probabally about right but from a personal point of view an extra half an hour would be great.
    I base this on the fact that
    * a lot of the blues room music is fine for WCS dancing
    * the floorcraft issues that caused such a WCS backlash at JA Southports are not there with the Ceroc events, IMO due to lower numbers, both overall and of experienced WCS dancers.
    My thinking as well, especially the late Saturdaynight /Sunday morning sets (which I thought were great) after the other rooms closed, I think Silver Fox and Marc Foster were the DJ's. The Blues, WCS and Tango dancers seemed happy. Everybody fitted in really well and I could not understand why this could not be the case all the time. I think that the quality of the music played helped alot and I did get the feeling that the WCS dancers were using shorter slots, although I may be wrong???

Overall a great weekender. Thanks to all the backroom staff, teachers and DJ's that had obviously put in alot of effort to make the weekend such a great success. And to all the people I danced and socialised with over the weekend here's to next time.

Joe is just the master at tag, I just tried to follow his lead... but Im sure I speak for him too when I say it was our pleasure.
    I can't wait to dance with you both again

are you try to make me blush again?

Blog Entries

[Mod hat on] I've move some of the posts on this thread to a new thread, as I think its a good discussion but not enough to take over completely from the title of this thread.. thanks Lory x[/Mod hat off]

Phew, I can get back to being stupid again

Thread Information