Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Southport Scorch May 2009 Review / aftermath Thread

Ceroc Southport Scorch May 2009 Review / aftermath Thread

So, how was it? If the weather here was anything to go by then I'm guessing wonderful weather, a fab barbecue, but possibly a little too hot for dancing outdoors until about dusk.

Blog Entries

Re: Ceroc Southport Scorch Review Thread

This was, by far, one of the best dance weekends ive ever been on.

Ive been trying to suss out what it was about this weekend that has made it so good, we only stayed for two of the three nights and even that didn't dampen the high im feeling for the great weekend we just had.

Anyway, enough of that. Let me tell you what a wonderful weekend it was.

1.THE MUSIC I can really only talk about the blues room as we only went into the fast room to use the bar and we had one dance in there the whole weekend.

I did not and i repeat, DID NOT, hear a bad song all weekend. Every single set that i was party too was brilliant. Every single DJ had clearly brought music completely apt for the lounge area and they got it so right. I can not believe just how wonderful it was and my feet are suffering today because of it. Silverfox and Rocky - much respect you made the afternoons for me on saturday and sunday.x

2. THE WEATHER. What can i say. Could it have been any better. We even went down to the beach for the first time for an hour just before we went home sunday afternoon. I cant imagine ever being that lucky again in May for the gorgeous weather we had. Nice and hot during the day and cool in the evening - perfect.

3. THE COMPANY
    - I cant remember a weekender being as friendly as this one. There was no atmosphere that i could feel and groups of forumites were not apparant. There was no clique. Not anywhere. It was fantastic. Everybody was chatting to everybody and it was wonderful. I had the best company of all though - Scarface of course who is my everything and Ruby Red who without doubt has me in stitches the whole weekend and encourages me to drink too much LOL

4. THE DANCING. I again can only speak for the blues area but let me tell you, anybody that was in that area was a fantastic dancer. I had so many great dances that i cant even tell you or pick out which were the best. The floors were absolutely fine. They were getting a bit hot during the day outside but there is bugger all can be done about that, some people were complaining that there feet were burning, not in a bad way but just mentioning it.

5. Scarface He did something wonderful this weekend. He finally felt comfortable with his own dancing for the first time and did not suffer butterflies when being asked to dance. He was without doubt, 100 times better when he finished sunday than when he started Friday. He watched the great dancers, took some tips and that was it. A new confident dancing scarface. You cant beat, learning from watching. He also brought his first pair of dancing shoes.... He is officially now a dancer LOL

6. Great moments
    - Getting told "congratulations" by so many lovely people and being asked to see the ring. Feels lovely to see people take out the time to do that.
    - Scarface loosing the apartment key at 7am whilst doing the wee wee dance outside the door
    - Seeing the sun come up for the first time ever at a weekender
    - Getting new dance shoes and new dance trousers
    - Seeing all our regular faces and the not so regular to catch up and have a drink with
    - Ruby Red and Scarface doing head banging dancing at 6am in the apartment which i have recorded and will put on at some point.
    - Ruby red telling us she was not drinking on saturday and then seeing her with wine glass in hand two hours later.
    - The dancing - i cant mention names cause i cant possibily remember them all and would be frightened to miss somebody out but if i danced with you this weekend then take it from me, you were brilliant and it was a great dance.

7. The Bad

Absolutely nothing was bad about this weekend except not staying on the sunday nite. That was bad LOL

pictures are on facebook if ya fancy a look, tag yourself if you see yourself and you can only see them if ya my friend.

Cheers
    xxxxxx

Well, despite a couple of personal issues doing their absolute best to ruin my weekend, I had an absolutely brilliant time! The weather was amazing, the company was perfect and the dancing was sublime. As Trouble said, the music this weekend was faultless.

Space Hopper sports day was a riot, although I think I sweated off about 3 stone in that Batman costume. I never realised the sacrafices you have to make to be a superhero!

Sorry to anyone I was a bit off with on Sunday afternoon. I received some pretty unpleasant news and then turned down a whole load of dances while I sat and felt sorry for myself. Promise I'll make it up to you all next time

Well what can i say,Trouble popped me Southport cherry. The best weekender ive been on by a country mile. The music,the company,the venue all fantastic plus the weather...

Dont know what happened to me but i bought my first pair of dance shoes,put them on for the first time Saturday night and found new moves and became a more confident dancer

Thanks to all you lovely ladies that danced with me,Trouble (of course),ruby red,Maxine,Lory,Gorgeous dancer,Caz. There was so many you know who you are..Fantastic

Roll on Skeggie (cant wait)

...terrific weekend, highlights - reintroduction to Argentine Tango - forgotten how good it feels, a dance with Duplessey - being close to the right pillar!, and terrific company from the Cardiff crowd.. and more.

Graham,

Cool Re: Ceroc Southport Scorch 2009 Review Thread

We had a great time at Southport. An amazing atmosphere out in the sunshine dancing. Not long got back so we've got the usual post weekender stack of stuff to do... but the sunshine is conspiring to stop me doing anything at all right now

Re: Ceroc Southport Scorch 2009 Review Thread

Glad to see that in dribs and drabs you are all gradually getting back safe and sound, if not knackered.

Was soooo upset to have missed being able to go but understand that Maxine was having lots of dances on my behalf thanks Max........look forward to seeing the reviews although it is a bit like rubbing salt in to the wound

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Glad to see that in dribs and drabs you are all gradually getting back safe and sound, if not knackered.

Was soooo upset to have missed being able to go but understand that Maxine was having lots of dances on my behalf thanks Max........look forward to seeing the reviews although it is a bit like rubbing salt in to the wound
    You were missed Jay Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    You were missed Jay Jay.
    I did notice some 'gaps' in the group photos where I should of been, no problem will fill them when Breeze comes round

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post

You mean my company on Sunday didn't make up for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella View Post
    You mean my company on Sunday didn't make up for it?
    Very very nearly....but just not quite ....you couldn't lead a Tango

I've been out of the Modern Jive loop for about 18 months now. Have well and truly re-discovered the mojo, what a weekend! Had lots of really, really enjoyable dances with some really lovely people. I've got a conference with my work in Liverpool this week believe it or not, how convenient can things be!? And now having well and truly re-captured the feeling, I think I'll take in as many venues as I can this week, well the alternative is sitting in my hotel room!

I want to thank my wonderful, beautiful leader-in-crime Wuzzle who never lost faith in me and knew that my backsliding would come to an end at some point. Now I just have to get round the fact that there is only one night a week in Inverness...

I want to thank absolutely everybody that spoke to me, danced with me and taught me. Whatever previous negative thoughts I have had have been dispelled by you and my weekend with you.

Oh and thanks to Fletch as well for randomly coming up to me and asking me to take part in a photoshoot with you! positive *** or what??!

If anybody knows which venues in the North-west of England are the best to go to, please let me know...

The Good

Spending time with LindyLoo and family on her birthday

The weather

The Journey, sorry for the people who got stuck on the M6 I mush have just got through before the crash it took !hrs 20mins

The atmosphere, as trouble said there was no 'visible' clique and the atmosphere seemed to have a party feel, in some way it reminded me Beach Boogie

It did what it said on the tin, main room had Jive music, with different flavours depending on the DJ..the Blues room had slower or more challenging music and the latin room had WCS/Tango it helped in stopping people wandering in and out of rooms looking for what they wanted, I thin when you slow it down in the main room to much your in danger of play the same in two rooms at the same time.

The cabarets were fab and young Kayliegh's performance was bill, don't forget she 'just a jiver' not a professional act Go GAL

Having my photo taken in the sand dunes with a handsome young man from Inverness 'Rudi' if any knows haw to contact him please pm me I forgot the exchange details and he wants copies when they come through.

The bad

Not dancing with Frank or Mike Ellard

Listening to a mad be RUDE to the bar staff after asking for the water jugs to be filled.....there's a way of asking!

I had some fab dances this weekend, but in contrast I probably had some of the worst dances I have ever had, I was ragged around the floor, dipped and dropped to an inch of my life.

Friday's allways see's people getting to drunk to Jive but this Friday seemed quite bad it migh be cos the weather made people drink more?? I walked off the floor at one point.

I am NOT dancing with men with NO shirts on and sitting baking in the sun...yak! so call me a refusser but i'm not doing it.

The awesome

Mark and Linsey, you guy's put in so much work for the games and BBQ on Saturday it was awesome

The had time for themselves on Sunday to do 'there own thing' and what did they do, they put on an extra after noon of entertainment for the children allowing the aprents to dance, you guy's are the best.

Rocky and Foxy's set, I just love 'em come on francisses SFunk is needed around the country.

Wathcing my Joe dance with Paul Warden at about 5am in the blues room

The Dashing Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Having my photo taken in the sand dunes with a handsome young man from Inverness 'Rudi' if any knows haw to contact him please pm me I forgot the exchange details and he wants copies when they come through.
    I could be wrong, but look at the post just before yours...
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by Spartak Lad View Post
    Oh and thanks to Fletch as well for randomly coming up to me and asking me to take part in a photoshoot with you! positive *** or what??!

If anybody knows which venues in the North-west of England are the best to go to, please let me know...
    Posted and then noticed your post

Hi hun, thank you for stepping in, look like I owe you a meal thank you for leaving yours.

Stokies is on soon i'll have a look for the date and PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidY View Post
    I could be wrong, but look at the post just before yours...
    I was distracted for a moment

Had my best weekender ever but have jsut got home and I am far too tired to write anything coherent so will write later or tomorrow.

Off for some

Just another couple of things.

Shaz had her best weekender ever, she was much more confident, she asked loads of people to dance was up jigging about looking like she wanted to dance

It was fab for me to watch Kath dancing with GordieEd and Jason, she look brill and no counting

Josh was his normal outrageous self.

I was thrilled that Paul Enfield turned up made my weekend.

The Wale you introduced yourself in a flash you were gone and then I couldn't remember what you looked like.

Ant thanks for the chats.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had an absolutely brilliant weekend.. I'll write more when my brain recovers but I've just seen this on youtube and thought I'd post a link
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Thread Information