Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of dancer are you? Part 1: The Men

Re: What kind of dancer are you? Part 1: The Men

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    i made myself a little badge before i set off, saying "Out of Order" Didn't take my shoes with me.

I need a badge that says "Well out of order!" .. Now I'm a bleedin' Londoner and all.. Innit!

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I need a badge that says "Well out of order!" .. Now I'm a bleedin' Londoner and all.. Innit!
    Given your sig, I think you should have a sign explaining that you're Twirly's Weighted Companion Cube and not capable of locomotion in your own right.

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin View Post
    Given your sig, I think you should have a sign explaining that you're Twirly's Weighted Companion Cube and not capable of locomotion in your own right.
    LOL !

I had to explain that to Twirly.. That the Weighted companion Cube is your "friend" but is essentially a large inanimate object..

"Pretty appropriate" she replied

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post

Or - Bang out of order!

Or - Undergoing refurbishment

This is great, there's actually lots of good advice for new people like me actually, in an entertaining way!

I don't think I've developed enough as a dancer to fit into any of those perfectly, however I do have certain aspects of...

The Spook: I do have a habit of asking people to dance part-way through a song, usually cause I talked to my previous follow for too long after the previous song!

The Ladies' Man: I do get a lift with a car-ful of ladies, and dance with each at least once during freestyle (though of course with other people as well!)

Mr Deaf-to-the-Beat: During classes when we're going through the routine I'll often finish, look up at the stage, and discover the teacher's only 3/4 of the way through... seems I need to work on matching moves with the beat. Don't know about the "mysteriously popular" part though...

The Perfect Dance Partner: Now I'm only a beginner, but reading through the list I think I've got a lot of those qualities: confidence, eye contact, smiling, laughing when things go wrong, occassional compliments, doesn't rush off too quickly afterwoulds, but plenty to work on still of course.

Now You Have To Duck Man

Likes to dance with women who can follow, as confusing beginners is too easy and doesn’t prove his superiority keenly enough. Closely related to “Ha Ha They’ll Never Follow This Move Man”:

Man leads woman into increasingly complex wrapped-up move until woman has all limbs completely immobilised, often around own throat, and is either unable to feel any lead at all, or is being pulled in several directions at once, but without any viable exit. At point of complete frustration and full stop, looks at man in total confusion.

Man then says triumphantly: “Ah! Now you have to duck your head and simultaneously thread both knees past my left elbow while I wrench your shoulder socket out!”

Quote Originally Posted by Moondancer View Post
    Now You Have To Duck Man

Likes to dance with women who can follow, as confusing beginners is too easy and doesn’t prove his superiority keenly enough. Closely related to “Ha Ha They’ll Never Follow This Move Man”:

Man leads woman into increasingly complex wrapped-up move until woman has all limbs completely immobilised, often around own throat, and is either unable to feel any lead at all, or is being pulled in several directions at once, but without any viable exit. At point of complete frustration and full stop, looks at man in total confusion.

Man then says triumphantly: “Ah! Now you have to duck your head and simultaneously thread both knees past my left elbow while I wrench your shoulder socket out!”

Ooh ouch I so recognise this one! - Luckily not too many out there, but when you dance with him, boy do you know it!!

WT

Thread Information