Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VLV - Camber - Aftermath

VLV - Camber - Aftermath

A really good weekend, which I had to cut short because of a family celebration but was there for Friday and Saturday. Started at 4 in the pub and hadn’t even got my coat off and shoes on when a weekender friend was waiting to dance so I knew I was going to have a good time and was not disappointed.

Music
    Friday’s highlights Jeff’s set in pub (sack the DJ) just brilliant lots of different music with various tempos including some latin & Motown good to both listen to and dance to. Blues room highlights for me was Rachel’s and ZW’s slots. There were times in the middle of the night where I found the music a bit bland. Saturday’s highlight for me was in the afternoon Paul Brooks’ (from Ceroc Nights)Ceroc classic set in the blues room great mix of up tempo with a few blues tunes thrown in just great (best set I’ve ever heard Paul play) I found the music in the Blues room a lot better on Saturday so never ventured upstairs and must of have been good as did not crawl in to bed until 6am (had to get up at 9).

Dancing and Forumites
    Firstly was really good to meet Tarragon. Had some great dances with some of forum members including Under Par & KPS(always fun),Spiky Steve and Vegetable (Both such good dancers) Zimbabwean (So smooth)Filthy Monkey )I was so tired and uncoordinated by the time I danced with him) Frolicols (just great the dances were brilliant). Nick C and thanks for the massage. Lastly DTS and Batgirl – What a laugh some great dances with you both singularly and as a threesome (in the dance sense) and I was both licked and bitten by DTS and disconcertingly he was the 2nd person to bite me that day). Also had some brilliant dances with non forum dances and some weekender dance friends, just great.

Good
    The new sound system in the Blues room, brilliant

Bad

Not holding the lunchtime quiz on the Saturday and not being there for the Sunday quiz and then to find out that my team had won (well done)

Overall

In all a good weekender with a really friendly atmosphere and a great warm up for me for Southport in less than 2 weeks
    Last edited by Maxine; 17th-May-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Re: VLV - Camber - Aftermath

Well, I experienced my first sober Camber Still had good fun, but was faaaar too well behaved. I never made it onto the dance floor until 1am on Saturday morning and then 2am on Sunday morning. I left on Sunday evening, so I think I only managed a total of about 12 hours dancing over the whole weekend. Shocking! Oh, and my chalet mate gave me some Night Nurse on Saturday morning to help me sleep and I was out of it until almost 5pm, so completely missed all of the daytime events too! Still, I think I needed the rest. Must be old age creeping up Don't worry, though, normal service shall be resumed by Southport

BTW Maxine, you were fab when we danced

Oh, and DTS, sorry I was playing so hard to get on Sunday, but I will make it up to you at Southport
    Last edited by Filthy Monkey; 18th-May-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    Well, I experienced my first sober Camber Still had good fun, but was faaaar too well behaved......
    I can vouch for that, perfect neighbours (not sure about Spiderman tho)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Frolly's Diary

First of all, I have to offer my sincerest apologies as the planned video diary never happened. I got so engrossed in dancing my little socks off I hardly filmed a thing! So instead I will attempt to ignite your imagination using my limited eloquence and remarkable lucidity...

Music
    I have rather an eclectic taste in music so am rarely disappointed. You could play the birdie song and I'd probably armjive to it! The only thing I ask is that it not be too repetitive, which with the numerous amount of DJ's it was never likely to be! I grinned like a Cheshire Cat when they played some 80s stuff in the main room (particularly Aha's Take On Me!).

Dancing and Forumites
    I knew it was going to be a great weekend, when upon arrival I had the intention of going in the pub for a warmup beer, and ended up having my first dance of the weekend.... with DTS! Unfortunately I still had my running trainers on (which happen to have Spiderman-like grippy soles) so I couldn't spin very well! I made amends for this by having some drunken dancing with KPS on the Sunday (having met him for the first time this weekend), where he threw me into some crazy double spins! I was also fingered by him too so I can join that club... Cheers Kev, great fun!

At this point I would like to change tack, I didn't dance with men all weekend!

I had some fabulous dances with Maxine (always a pleasure, I'm definitely not the rabbit in your lovely headlights any more), and also got to dance blues with Batgirl which I've never got to do before (Sorry for almost burying my head in your assets! Not sorry for pinching your bum!). Like Maxine, I also got to meet Tarragon for the first time and had two or three very smooth dances with (as soon as I said I was from Welwyn she knew it was me!). Had a highly enjoyable first dance with SunnyBunny (but more on her later...). I also met Commando aka Fletch for the first time and our first dance was the Can-Can in the pub (nothing untoward was revealed)! I then tried to impress her with my new moves and immediately bopped her on the head! Sorry darling, too much adrenaline obviously!

Had some great dances with non-forumites (particularly Di who I came along with), and had the ego boost of being asked by particular woman two or three times to dance!

Lessons
    Being a man of only 4 months experience, I decided I wanted to use my first weekender to break out of my "move comfort zone" and be more playful and spontaneous. With that in mind I did the Fluid Fusions session and all three Hot New Moves sessions. I also wanted to learn a few different dips and drops so did the Drop Zone session also. All were fantastically lead, with particular kudos going to Tim Sant and Howard.

Extra Curricular Activities
    On the Sunday I managed to cobble together "Frolly's Dollies" to take part in the Big Fact Hunt (don't say it too fast). A team consisting of myself, DTS, Batgirl, SunnyBunny and Di stormed to victory! SunnyBunny is an absolute demon at Dingbats, well done that girl!!

Unfortunately I fell asleep so missed the main Karaoke, but made amends on the Sunday Kararoke session by belting out Spandau Ballet's Gold, and Build Me Up Buttercup by the Foundations. Ask KPS or Fletch for an unbiased review!

I would also like to thank NickC for the great leg massage, and whichever lucky charm kept me winning on the roulette table.

Good
    Great Ceroc lessons
    Meeting Forumites and feeling much more part of the "Family" on here
    Winning the pub quiz!
    Making a new friend in KPS and being fingered by him of course (also thanks for finding my mobile phone... oops)
    Being told by a hot young thing called Kelly from Norwich that she had noticed my "strikingly beautiful eyes" from across the room and that I was a fantastic lead.

Bad
    Not getting Kelly from Norwich's phone number. Anyone Ceroc up that way? Help!....
    Jason Colacino's introduction lessons. He's a great dancer, but in my limited opinion a poor teacher. I didn't enjoy the WCS at all, and I noticed people dropping out of the lesson. He didn't seem to control the room well at all.
    Cabaret starting late and lasting a whole... 26 minutes.
    Some of the Sunday lessons had a massive amount of men over.

Overall
    I had a very enjoyable and eventful first weekender! Special thanks to DTS and Batgirl for taking us under their wing, and for giving us loads of advice. Also thanks to Lory, she didn't attend but gave me lots of hints and tips last week.
    Last edited by frolicols; 18th-May-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Tidy up!

Did notice one thing at Camber this time - there appears to be lots of really really great rather gorgeous female dancers, which makes it more difficult for the likes of oldies like me to get a look in, so..............

PLEASE PLEASE could you guys who don't normally do weekeneders, get off your bums and start coming, you certainly will not reget it

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    I can vouch for that, perfect neighbours (not sure about Spiderman tho)

Ha ha! Watch out for more Superheroes, coming soon to an event near you...

Re: Frolly's Diary

Quote Originally Posted by frolicols View Post
    also got to dance blues with Batgirl which I've never got to do before (Sorry for almost burying my head in your assets!....).
    Is it still there, or did you manage to dig it out?

Did notice one thing at Camber this time - there appears to be lots of really really great rather gorgeous female dancers, which makes it more difficult for the likes of oldies like me to get a look in, so..............

PLEASE PLEASE could you guys who don't normally do weekeneders, get off your bums and start coming, you certainly will not reget it
    Did you observe if these gorgeous female dancers, dance with fat bald blokes ?

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    Did you observe if these gorgeous female dancers, dance with fat bald blokes ?
    I didn't see them refusing any dances

--ooOoo--

BTW Maxine, you were fab when we danced
    Ah thanks and BTW you did not seem that well behaved

Had a great time at Viva.

Friday night dancing was excellent and had some of the best dances I've ever had that night. Saturday, because it was all 'Las Vegas' style, lots of women were wearing rings, bracelets and related bling and I had my fingers sliced a thousand times, also lots of super-sharp nails, drives me crazy.

Had a great time in the Blues room after 4am and met Fletch and chatted with her for ages and whatnot.

Lessons-wise, the 'Body Connections' lesson was too difficult for me, too much to remember and too unleadable, I left early and I'm glad I did. The Intermediate Blues class just afterwards was great and really helped me to be more confident with it and I tried to put those to use later on.

Overall, good fun.

BTW Maxine, you were fab when we danced ..
    I'm still waiting for my virgin dance

--ooOoo--

Good

The atmospher and music in the pub Friday afternoon, when I arrived it was bussing

The flat pack good fun

The bad

flip me its a long way home on a Monday with no sleep! (worth it though)

where did the weekend go, it seemed to go so fast! booohoo roll on CerocPort

Having taken Joe back to the apartment at 2am Sunday/Monday he decided he wasn't tired and got back up! I don't think so!

Not enough people to dance with on the swing hour, I hate to say it but Barry you were missed, even if I don't get to dance with him when he's dancing with a girl it leaving her partner free to dance with me.

I was a bit hot on Saturday up stairs.....Mike where's the fan........only joking

The wonderful

The Northern Soul interludes and dancers

meeting new people like Frolicols (thanks for the zonk on the head) Danny you don't get rid of me that easily xx

Kelly and Alex Faulkner going swimming with Maddy and Joe

Maddy dancing more than she has in ages. thank you to all the guy's that asked her.

My dance with James the WCS guy from USA when I seen him stood quietly on his own by the stage I rushed over to him tripping on the edge of the carpet and grabbing him to save my fall (very cool)

The guy singing on Saturday night's last song was 'the snake' OMG yeahhhhh baby!!

Kayliegh who won the singing contest on Saturday and her performance on stage Saturday night, well done hun. xx

Silver Fox set on Sunday after noon SFunk was just fantastic Van McKoy's the Hussel was the first vinal I bought

theres loads more but my heads like cotton wool and I need to go shopping for CerocPort while i'v got my head round it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Ah thanks and BTW you did not seem that well behaved
    I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about...

I'm still waiting for my virgin dance
    Can't believe I missed you. Are you going to Southport? I feel that it's my duty to pop your cherry...

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Good

The flat pack good fun
    What was in the flat pack?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Camber VLV - May 2009

I had a fantasic Camber.

For me it Kicked off to a great start on Friday arrival in the budoir thanks to Maxine , Sunny Bunny and having my first mother and daughter together thanks to Fletch and Maddie. Also to Keven S who I was delighted to find out has been infected by the tag bug and was the start of oodles of fun over the weekend.

I only made Friday and Saturday Night freestyles and Saturday afternoon. Swing set was great fun but I think my fitness is lacking from too much blues. My main heroes were my Kathleen, Joe, Caryn, Pete and Ashleigh all of whom do not really go on the forum.

Specific highlights were my godfather of tag Mark Forster joining us in a tag sess and setting up a tag for the lady who was getting married. Also my friends Joe's first harem.

I'm not one to complain but if I there was one thing I would mention it would be at 3.30am Saturday night/ Sunday morning when the main room closed and everyone came and jammed the chillout room kind of killing the vibe.

Probably should mention others and other things but hey ho!

That's all folks
    Steve

Right, I’m now slightly recovered from a hectic and sometimes a little drunken weekend at camber. I won’t write an essay saying every detail, just a quick highlight… actually that could easily turn into an essay.

So here goes, my personnel highlight were:

Tagging Fletch with Spikey Steve… Actually every time I did tagging with Spikey Steve and Joe was a real highlight and I learn't so much from those guys... and then to be asked to join Steve, Joe and Mark tagging the bride-to-be was a real honour.

Meeting Frolicols and sharing a few with him in the pub on Sunday… it was just a shame I had to put up with his singing (actually he was very good, but I won’t tell him that) but at least I hope our dances where entertaining to the audience.

Rachael’s closing set on Sunday, absolutely fantastic… but saying that, I think pretty much all the DJ’s in my opinion played absolute blinders all weekend. THANK YOU!!!

Having so many stunning women on Saturday night tell me that I scrub up well… hang on, does that mean I look a mess the rest of the time! (Don’t answer that)

Seeing and dancing with so many people that I wish I could see and dance with more often as well as meeting new ones to add to that list.

Seeing DTS and Batgirl and having a few chats and dances, always Marvaless and a real pleasure.
    Meeting Zimbabwean, shame we didn’t get a chance for more of a chat.

Ok I’ll stop there before this gets to long and boring. But first to everyone else I chatted, danced or just some spent time with, thank you I had a great time I hope you did too.

This was my first Ceroc weekender and I really enjoyed it! Can't think of anything to complain about other than the lack of a pause/rewind button!

The best bits
    Meeting some of the forumites - thank you Maxine and Sunnybunny for being so friendly. Sorry I didn't manage to say hello to Minnie M (who has the same real first name as me!). Thank you frolicols for some great dances - also Under Par and DTS (who are truly Dance Gods )for making a blues-room-virgin feel welcome. Thank you to the other forumites I may have danced with without recognising - you were a great crowd to mix with!

Wigglebum - I think I found myself facing you in one of the classes, but was momentarily tongue-tied by your youthful good looks. Then they moved us on too quickly for me to speak!

I just loved the blues room - it made me realise how boring much of the dancing at my local venue is. If you saw me sitting quietly alone, I was busy watching, admiring, and learning. Also tried putting some of this into practice in the small hours of Sunday night - hope I didn't embarrass myself too much!

The music in the blues room was fantastic - all the DJs were brilliant, but especially ZebraWoman/Rocky/SilverFox on Sunday night. If anyone can offer any playlists, I would love to find out what some of the tracks were.

Also congratulations to the quiz team that won. I believe I had the honour of being in the team that came last, together with two very sweet bespectacled young men. But at least I worked out some of the dingbats for them!

There were many other highlights involving non-forumites, and it was all in all a fantastic weekend. I shall be booking for more weekenders soon and will look forward to meeting you all again.

Update: Found Kelly on Facebook using my sharp internet detective skills... LOL

Just a bit of a quick one pips....Stunning weekend did not have a bad dance all weekend. Mick Ellard and all of the crew pulled out all of the stops and delivered a weekend of pure pleasure, which has become the norm IMHO.

Really good to sit down and chat with loads of new and old friends, these weekends from Ceroc just get better and better and the new dancers venturing into the blues room is a good thing IMHO.

All in all another cracker which has left me excited about Southport. Roll on painfull knee's and sweating for Wales. My humblest thanks to everyone who graced me with their trust and dancing, stone me I am filling up here pips. Must mention Spikey Steve, Kathleen's tight white trousers and the pure pleasure exuded by them at all times when dancing, well done mate you are what dancing is all about, you are a role model for new dancers on weekenders.

DTS XXX XXX

DTS XXX XXX

Thread Information