Thread: I need advice/help on shoes.

I need advice/help on shoes.

I have a problem trying to find silver sandals with 2 inches to 2 and half inches heels for a wedding in June, My best friend's wedding and i am wearing a gorgeous turqouise dress, so i wanted silver sandals to go with it. There is no sandals i could find on ebay, shoes websites that would be suitable!

The dance shoes websites do have them so do i buy dance shoes to wear to a wedding and it will involve going outside and i know dance shoes are not suitable for outside grounds really. So what do i do??

Any help will be gratefully appreciated!!!

xxx

Re: I need advice/help on shoes.

if you buy dance shoes if the suede soles don't survive being worn outside - then you can get them re-sueded

but to be honest as long as you are prepared to spend some time cleaning them after the event and the ground isn't horrifically muddy then the suede sole will likely survive

if you want a leather sole - look at tango shoes - although I think most of them are a little higher than you are looking for

I have been outside in suede soles, the problem is if they get damp/wet you can’t dance in them until they are dry but mine have always been ok once they have dried out, Although I would not recommend regularly going outside in them. I find the same problem at a venue if someone spills a drink and the soles get wet. I have a metal brush that brings them back to life.

You could try getting a pair of heavenlies with leather soles. I'm planning on getting shoes from them for my bridesmaids when Beo and I get married. One doesn't dance, and she wants to be able to wear them as party shoes afterwards. I didn't think it was a good idea until I remembered that they do them with leather soles - not majorly hard wearing, but better than suede.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    You could try getting a pair of heavenlies with leather soles. I'm planning on getting shoes from them for my bridesmaids when Beo and I get married. One doesn't dance, and she wants to be able to wear them as party shoes afterwards. I didn't think it was a good idea until I remembered that they do them with leather soles - not majorly hard wearing, but better than suede.

I wore Heavenlies as my wedding shoes, as did LemonCake, and have worn them at dance events since with no ill-effects.

Thanks for your replies, Will look into trying to get them with leather soles.

xxxx

Thread Information