Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Name tags?

Re: Name tags?

Stockport has optional label you can stick to yourself. Though I have never used my real name. As for local venues and beginners, I think all of them have an optional sticker system. I didn't know that wasn't the case elsewhere.

At SnowWhite's venues she uses a little coloured star to identify newbies. This is good in the line in the beginner lesson but it's not so obvious that people feel it marks them out too much.

My venue just started using name tags for everyone. The problem is, when everyone comes in, they put it on their jumper (its winter at the moment and freezing) then when they start dancing they take off their jumper and forget they've got a name tag on it!

I personally don't like the name tags anyway, it takes away the first point of conversation. I don't know whether or not to introduce myself to people, or just point to my nametag!

Quote Originally Posted by Neu Wien View Post
    My venue just started using name tags for everyone. The problem is, when everyone comes in, they put it on their jumper (its winter at the moment and freezing) then when they start dancing they take off their jumper and forget they've got a name tag on it!
    I recognise this problem - it happens at work all the time

I personally don't like the name tags anyway, it takes away the first point of conversation. I don't know whether or not to introduce myself to people, or just point to my nametag! [/QUOTE]

Ah you must have a memory *knowing look*....

I have that conversation with most of the guys I dance with, but apart from a memorable few , the name will slip through my brain like water.....

I have a good memory for faces, but name tags would be really useful, and eradicate the embarrassment factor of having danced with a person a dozen or more times and still not remembering their name!!!

WT

OK my memory is a serious laugh - I have just realised that I have already posted something very similar below!

Thread Information