Thread: Leicester Ceroc

Leicester Ceroc

Hi, Been away from dance for ages!

Started studying then got out of the habit.

Was wondering what the Leicester Weds class was like now,it had changed a lot and numbers had suffered, anyone been recently?

Re: Leicester Ceroc

Good question . . .

I sit in my little flat on a wednesday evening thinking

Shall I? . . . . Shan't I?

Will i? . . . . . . . . . . . . Won't I?

Then just crack a beer and stay in.

The last Freestyle I went to was pretty well attended and I had a whale.
    Mark and Rachel were running it; this being two months (maybe 3 ago) though.
    As to the wednesdays if there were more than 6 beginner couples and a whippet I would like to know too. I could do with the exercise but need some motivation.

I hope this isn't regarded as an advertisement, but just to let you know a couple of changes which have probably occurred since you were last there.

The Leicester venue is now being run by Jeff & Kali who own the Ceroc Uk franchise. Marc (Marc Forster) has been teaching there for a while, and, in the last few months, has started dj'ing there as well. The previous Leicester dj, Mark, was moved to the new Nottingham venue when that opened.

Unfortunately, I don't get to Leicester much on the regular Wed nights, but I gather the numbers are steadily growing.

Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    {snip} The previous Leicester dj, Mark, was moved to the new Nottingham venue {snip}
    Errmmmm

How do I phrase this without sounding er. . . . ermm . . . . bugger it

Was he the one that played piped in applause after the classes, Fart noises when the teachers or demos bent over and played George Michael - Last Christmas most weeks except during the Christmas period?

?

You remember! Yep, that's him.

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    Errmmmm

Was he the one that played piped in applause after the classes, Fart noises when the teachers or demos bent over and played George Michael - Last Christmas most weeks except during the Christmas period?

?

He being at the new Notts venue then will keep me away but I will more than likely give Weds a go in Leics.

Thanks for the heads up.

Let's just say that the reputation of the previous DJ was suffcient to keep me away.

I have been once to a class night since Marc took over the teaching and DJ'ing and that was a couple of months ago (it's too far away for me to get there other than very occasionally). Its a nice venue at a modern community centre on the edge of Leicester. Can't compare it myself with how it was before but I suspect it is a lot better.

Errmmmm

?
    Don't forget the endless replays of Zoot Suit Riot and Build Me Up Buttercup!

Where are you, Trousers, me old mate? I thought you'd b*gg*red off to Sidcup to live, or somewhere.

Leicester Ceroc is definitely on the up. Last freestyle I went to, there was a reasonable crowd. I went to a week night about a month ago and had a nice time, with the added bonus of a tango with Marc, probably worth the admission fee on its own.

There's a reasonable mix of old and new faces, and decent teaching to bring on the newbies.

I'd like to get there more often but Weds evening is always a bit fraught. I don't know how I made time for it in the old days.

DJ Di! I was wondering how you were getting on! Are you still doing the car rallies? Did you get through your teaching course?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Let's just say that the reputation of the previous DJ was suffcient to keep me away.

I have been once to a class night since Marc took over the teaching and DJ'ing and that was a couple of months ago (it's too far away for me to get there other than very occasionally). Its a nice venue at a modern community centre on the edge of Leicester. Can't compare it myself with how it was before but I suspect it is a lot better.
    Leicester Ceroc used to be a fantastic night 5 - 8 years ago. The room was packed every Weds, classes taught by Emma Pettit, then Marco and Donna. Then it went downhill, for the reasons which you adumbrate, and is now enjoying a reversal in fortunes!

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    . . . . which you adumbrate,. . . .
    Thanks for that JC, it's always nice to be shown how illiterate one is.

I liked Leicester when Little Em taught there - she did have to put up with the DJ from Hell though and did it with amazing grace (no not a cue for a song). But she's a lovely dancer; of course that goes for you too JC.

Thanks for that JC, it's always nice to be shown how illiterate one is.

Glad to know I'm useful for something!

Thread Information