My 3rd and final thought/question after watching the champs is this one, Did anyone else notice the dictinct lack of slow/bluesy style music played during the champs.....I thought the DJ`s overall did a decent job of what they did, most of the music wasn`t to my personal taste but at least we didn`t get Spiderman played!!!!

however i do think much greater variety of music is needed especially for the open....i want to see the so called best dancers see if they can adjust their dancing to much slower music as much as the usual thump thump thump or the regular Latin stuff that gets played usually, even old skool tracks should be given an airing for sure imho.....Again it`s something i`ve noticed in America but the general rule is this.....Intermediates tend to get easier contempory tracks mostly, advanced should get slightly more challenging tracks, blues, much slower stuff and even some real fast stuff then at open level it `s anything goes but at open level they always get 2 tracks, one fast track and a slow one generally....one other point that i think is a must is that ay next years open final they should be dancing spotlight dances and not purely an all Skate! The final was so close imho as there were so many good couples, surely a spotlight final would make far more sense.....