Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Champs 2009 - Results and Aftermath

Re: Ceroc Champs 2009 - Results and Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by watchout View Post
    dont forget Ben and Becky from surrey they won the Intermediates. Well done guys
    was that the young couple (well I suppose there all young compared to me) they were in terquarze blue? they were fab

Quote Originally Posted by kryton1 View Post
    As you were not there to watch you will find they dance more than one round and more than one track and i dont think any couple go through all the rounds without a mistake, although i didn't see any from them yesterday, so it was probably their outstanding dancing ability and musicality that won them all three titles
    and you have won ?

and yes i am biased
    biting kryton1 rise above.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB View Post
    Will and Kate - they're back??? Brilliant news - fantastic dancers! What piece of music did they dance to?
    The "So Hot" track from Burn the Floor I believe. (The one that's sort of a mix between "So Hot" and "Would You...?" by Touch and Go).

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Ceroc vet's

well, done MarkW 1st place partner?

My dance partner is Fiona (dances in Bristol).
    It was a very happy unexpected result for us.

Thanks to everyone there for the support and atmosphere

I must also thank Elaine and partner Simon who have given us some lessons. At last we've done something worthy of their teaching.
    Last edited by MarkW; 4th-May-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post

I must also thank Elaine and partner Simon who have given us some lessons. At last we've done something worthy of their teaching.
    Congratulations MarkW well done to you and your partner
    if you love the life you live then you'll get a lot more done

Commercial Operator

I think it was a great day in all with some tremendous dancing. A big shout out to my lucky dip partner Dan, we had so much fun and a HUGE thank you to Tom Baker my fabulous partner in Ceroc X!! Love ya!!

Congratulations to you all and thanks for all the dances and your support!

xx

well done to the people who deserved to win

dont think ill be compeating in ceroc champs again haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post

But I do owe you a drink.

Cool Re: Ceroc Champs 2009 - Results and Aftermath

As you were not there to watch you will find they dance more than one round and more than one track and i dont think any couple go through all the rounds without a mistake, although i didn't see any from them yesterday, so it was probably their outstanding dancing ability and musicality that won them all three titles
    Yep, thanks for the recap. I've been to the Ceroc Champs at the Troxy in the past. I'm well aware how Ceroc competitions work.
    and you have won ?
    Sorry.... not quite sure what that has to do with the price of fish. Do you actually think that you have to have won a competition to comment on them?! Weird.
    and yes i am biased
    I would have never guessed

Well done to everyone who took part (winners and losers)

Well done Mark and Fiona. Great news!!

Before we leave to recover for a holiday in Egypt I just wanted to write some thoughts.

Firstly, thanks to everyone involved in organising the event. Without you it wouldn't happen and some of the tasks are not easy ones. I had a fantastic day.

Thanks too to my teams - team cabaret ( Rythmn of the Nights ) and double trouble team Kathleen and Caryn.

Readily available water was a big improvement, the food layout was also better making it easier to grab food and go.
    A qualifying round for double trouble was an improvement as it helps people get a practice and to catch any routines. Saying that we almost missed our heat as we didn't know there was one.

Highlights are a personal thing and for me it was when the audience started clapping in time to the music during our team cabaret. It helped me enjoy the whole thing a whole lot more. Thanks to all.

Congratulations to all that took part in the day and help put on the show.

Kathleen says thanks from her too.

Thats all i have time for.

Steve

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post

I heard u had a really mad lucky dip partner. Hope it didnt put you off.

Do any of the judges post on the forum? I really wanted to get some feedback after the competition, but I had to take my contact lenses out after the final because my eyes were stinging so much...as a result I couldn't see further than 5 yards and found it hard to track them down

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post
    Before we leave to recover for a holiday in Egypt I just wanted to write some thoughts.

Firstly, thanks to everyone involved in organising the event. Without you it wouldn't happen and some of the tasks are not easy ones. I had a fantastic day.

Thanks too to my teams - team cabaret ( Rythmn of the Nights ) and double trouble team Kathleen and Caryn.

Readily available water was a big improvement, the food layout was also better making it easier to grab food and go.
    A qualifying round for double trouble was an improvement as it helps people get a practice and to catch any routines. Saying that we almost missed our heat as we didn't know there was one.

Highlights are a personal thing and for me it was when the audience started clapping in time to the music during our team cabaret. It helped me enjoy the whole thing a whole lot more. Thanks to all.

Congratulations to all that took part in the day and help put on the show.

Kathleen says thanks from her too.

Thats all i have time for.

Steve
    A couple of more thoughts.

It was the clowns of Alex Faulkner and Emma and partner that inspired by love of double trouble at the first champs I attended four years ago. It was also their Thriller cabaret that I thought was amazing and thought it would be fantastic to be a part of and put on the show. Hence, it was great to see Alex back in England and at the champs.

One other thing that I thought about was people at the champs. Winning and losing can bring about such emotions. There was a fantastic atmosphere at these champs and a real comraderie that doesn't happen the same way at freestyles or weekenders.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I think it was a great day in all with some tremendous dancing. A big shout out to my lucky dip partner Dan, we had so much fun and a HUGE thank you to Tom Baker my fabulous partner in Ceroc X!! Love ya!!

Congratulations to you all and thanks for all the dances and your support!

xx

I thought your 'outfits' were fab for that ,category they were young, fun, funky, and just what to wear on a class night, who wears sparkels and spangles on a class night,

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsichorea View Post
    Do any of the judges post on the forum? I really wanted to get some feedback after the competition, but I had to take my contact lenses out after the final because my eyes were stinging so much...as a result I couldn't see further than 5 yards and found it hard to track them down
    Yes David & Lilly both post i'm sure they will post when they get a moment

I enjoyed the entire day!

It was great competing in Lucky Dip and TopCats. It reminds me how much I'd like to compete properly with a partner. Zoe my Lucky Dip partner was totally awesome, she was a complete pleasure to dance with!

I met some cool people and it was a great day. There was something about the day that made it different from the last few times. Was there as many people? I cant think of any to hand, but where the regulars there?

Just to finish off the names of the competitors

Aerials
    David and ? (I presume Anita? Neither of these are correct
    Matt Hudson and Kim Nguyen won with Herbie Bastien and Angelique Neave

Umm so here's a potentially bigger ask..
    Can someone possibly put down what colours etc people were wearing, when they competed, to the names. That way I may have an idea of who won what, when I look through the photos and show some of the vids to friends.

I had a fabulous night though admit I really didn't leave the blues room. I had some nice dances in the main room but felt a tad out of my depth not knowing who would and wouldn't appreciate dancing with a newbie. It was really nice to see DTS out and about again as well as putting some more faces to forum names.

Sungy Liu with Graham 3rd place also in Ceroc X
    Gary Bullock (not John) with partner 2nd place in RocVets

Forumite meet & greets

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Also had great dances with Steven666 CJ and Aussie J (great to meet you both this weekend by the way) I am sure there were loads of other forum guys that I’ve forgotten but it’s all just a blur.[/FONT]
    Likewise Maxine, it was great to finally meet you (and sunnybunny), thanks for the lovely dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Great day, well organised and lots of fun.

It was an incredibly long day, it was exhausting and I was only a 'spectator', (I did enter the 'Lucky Dip' and made it to the second round which was fun). I raise my hat to all the people that entered the various categories, the work that goes in to the preparation for the event in itself must be phenomenal but it paid off, the dancing was amazing and the outfits were stunning, Ylianders showcase dress in particular was 'to die for'.
    Right down to you and I making it as far as the 2nd round. Although in addition to the nerves and exhaustive nature of dancing in the heats, I also wasn't feeling well... Still, I ignored it as best I could and had a lot of fun dancing with my dance partner, a cheerful and funny young lass named Mareli.

And great to meet and chat with you Jay Jay - I wouldn't have known who you were if you hadn't come up to me! - and thanks heaps for the dance in the blues room!

Before I forget, Koshka nice to meet you too, lovely dances - again in the blues room!

To Spiky Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Spiky Steve View Post
    Steve, I didn't know who you were before coming down to the Champs - but mate I gotta say, fantastic to watch you and your double trouble team, great musicality and choice of moves - Well done!

Incidentally, I took photos of you from the upper level, and on facebook you've been tagged on them double-quick time! Catch you around on fb and here...

To the other forumites

I have doubtless missed many more forumite guys and gals that were there. To those I didn't get to meet and greet, I hope you all had a great time at the Champs whether you competed or not. If it weren't for my being a bit ill on the day (and still going ahead with Lucky Dip!) I'd have to say that my very first attendance at these Champs was a pretty good and fun experience.

Well done Mark & Fiona - means I got to dance with a national champion after the comp.

V pleasant day out, though I goofed elsewhere (I'll get it right one day, Brie) , the team cabaret was a v good experience!

Some great performances to watch in the day,
    Looking forward to more fun in Scorch

G

Thread Information