Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The apprentice - PANTS?

Re: The apprentice - PANTS?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I absolutely love The Apprentice.

However, one thing REALLY annoys me. When they show the preview of the next episode at the end. They always show the clip of Sir Alan pointing and saying 'You're Fired'. Now when you've got 3 people in the final boardroom, one on left, one in middle and one on right. And in the preview, Sir Alan leans obviously to one side in the preview, it totally gives it away for the next episode. Luckily I usually forget which way he points by the next week but eventually it'll get me. Does anyone know if they just use random clips of him saying 'You're Fired' or if it is actually the firing of the next episode?

Yeah I know - it annoys me too, - i just hope they use a random clip, as unfortunately I CAN remember which way he was pointing!

Suralan had his pick of the bunch last night, - any of those three could've gone

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    If you missed the last few episodes and want a recap, these little sketches are brilliant:

Love the use of the frying pan ^

Actually I wouldn't mind hitting Debra in the face with a heavy frying pan, but it looks like someone got there before me.

Last night's episode was brilliant!

They finally got rid of the dead weight that is Noorul (although I was pretty impressed with the way he fought his corner in the boardroom - didn't know he had it in him), the two arrogant eejits Ben and Philip were taken down a peg or ten and Debra got the dressing down she deserves. Think it'll be a different dynamic next week after all that.

Glad they finally realised Lorraine does actually have a bit of clue but what is her accent all about? Watch this.

Interesting

As soon as she thinks of her parents (roots) her accent changes accordingly, - but what a contrast from Estuary English.

My welsh friend's accent gets massively stronger when she's with her parents too, - but the difference is not quite as dramatic as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    Last night's episode was brilliant!

They finally got rid of the dead weight that is Noorul.
    Loved Sir Alan's quote - 'Whoever hires him should get a receipt...'

classic!

(I hope that was the right episode as I've been playing catch up on sky+)

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    Loved Sir Alan's quote - 'Whoever hires him should get a receipt...'

classic!

(I hope that was the right episode as I've been playing catch up on sky+)
    I'd forgotten that one - brilliant!

Aww, after hating him from the beginning, I felt really sorry for Ben getting fired. He's such a cutie when he's being humble for a change!

Blog Entries

Ben - what a **** but still, he did get a scholarship to Sandhurst. LOL

What i want to know is how Buzz Light

year is still there. She clearly pushed the group or should i say bullied the group into having a rocking horse..... yet, she survives another week.

She is always licking her lips as well and thus, they look like dried up prunes. GET SOME LIPSEAL WOULD YA.... jeez.

The other team deserved to win this week, they picked right and did some great selling.

Village idiot gets funnier every week

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    ... What i want to know is how Buzz Light year is still there. She clearly pushed the group or should i say bullied the group into having a rocking horse..... yet, she survives another week...
    It looks to me like for all three "Who gets fired" it is not a question of if, but when. I have noticed in similar situations before it is the quietest one that get it. Part of the difficulties in business is dealing with strong minded individuals who are a pain in the ***. I wonder if she is being left in there party for TV, and partly for being part of the problem that the other candidates must solve.

... The other team deserved to win this week, they picked right and did some great selling...
    The other team picked a pushchair that was very overpriced compared to the price for the same thing on the next stand. If that stand had more need, awareness and/or less morals they could have let them do the demos then snaffled their sales. "All the best pushchairs at better prices."

... She clearly pushed the group or should i say bullied the group into having a rocking horse...
    Sometimes the right choice gets the wrong result. None of the board said that the Rocking Horses were the wrong choice, and that was because they were the right choice. What they were criticised for was not for getting the vital "buy it now" show discount.

Why the losing team lost was because of salesmanship. The leader looked at the birthing pool and said he expected the price to be 300 pounds. Clue 1 - it was being sold too cheap. The sales pitch should have been that this stand is for those that buy the best. You want the best birth for your wife and baby, for only 199 (special show offer) ...

look for the gold watches and bling accompanied by miserable child on nearby stands. "Can we give your child a treat while one of you looks around? We sell luxury rocking horses, and we need children to show them off. Let him/her be a prince/princess for a few moments."

Get their miserable kid happy, and when they ask how much, evade. These are superb toys ... finest materials ... designed for not just your child, but his/her grandchildren ... our clients didn't get rich without knowing a good investment .. these are also works some of them buy them as art, the makers are internationally recognised ... we are here for one day only ... finest materials, for instance that one is oak, which will last for centuries, which is why it is two thousand .... this one will be there for the great grandchildren, and is ...

The pushchair showed other sales principals - people do not buy just on price & don't confuse the customer. One stand asks the customer which one of these 30 / 40 do you want?

Their stand told them this is the one, and why. Credibility got an extra 30+ quid over the same thing next door.

We could do with a "Working Lunch" inquest on The Apprentice as well. There are so many business lessons to be learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Ben - what a **** but still, he did get a scholarship to Sandhurst. LOL
    At least he was able to send himself up about it on the BBC 2 show, bless him.

Seriously though, what the bloomin' hell is Lorraine wearing?!?!?

She looks like she ran into Oxfam at the last minute and asked for 12 weeks worth of clothes......and they offered to pay her to take the stuff no-one, even in the direst need, would ever take.

Watched my first and last episode of this awful programme tonight.
    Never mind the wanna be apprentices-yes I know its only a tv show-but I couldnt sit thro something like that and have to watch that objectional p$%t Alan Sugar and his two sidekicks.
    How can anybody,boss or not,belittle people like that.
    Absolute tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    Watched my first and last episode of this awful programme tonight.
    Never mind the wanna be apprentices-yes I know its only a tv show-but I couldnt sit thro something like that and have to watch that objectional p$%t Alan Sugar and his two sidekicks.
    How can anybody,boss or not,belittle people like that.
    Absolute tosh.
    For a start, he is not their boss. There are rules and remedies to protect employees from stuff like that.

It is a TV show, and they all signed up for it. If they were all nice and politically correct too few would watch it. Business can be really rough, and it takes something special to survive at the top, especially in new markets. One of my favourite quotes from T.D.Jakes is "I want people that have been through the fire.". Most of the apprentices have not, and Sir Alan supplies it.

You can give someone a dressing down without being obnoxious and rude.Nobody deserves to be spoken to like that.TV programme or not .The man is a p$$t

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    You can give someone a dressing down without being obnoxious and rude.Nobody deserves to be spoken to like that.TV programme or not .The man is a p$$t
    When you approach a new prospect as a salesman you are very likely to be told to **** ***

Sir Alan has been a ultra successful salesman for decades. He knows how to speak nicely. There is a plan and purpose to his being nasty. He wants one of these to look him straight in the eye and tell him why he is wrong, and be right in how he is wrong.

Sir AMS: To be a successful business entrepreneur you need more than a competitive edge, you need a hide like a rhino, the ability to operate well outside normal comfort zones, a willingness to re-invent the rules, and total, utter, complete self-belief, against all odds...

... an entrepreneur needs more backbone than most ...

... it gets up close and personal, and that can hurt ...
    There was an applicant in a previous series who ran a successful pub. He was put in charge of launching a food service in a pub that had not served food before. Some mistakes, as always. were made. The opposition botched the meals big time, customers complaining all over. But because they pre-sold tickets they made a bigger profit from people who did not even turn up.

There are very few completely new ventures that make a profit on there first trial, all of the glitches could easily be fixed, and the team had launched a very profitable business. Sir Alan laid into the losing leader for the teams mistakes, and got the :yes sir" response, and was gone.

Sir Alan, figuratively, kicks them in the gonads to find out if they have any. Watch and learn.

I stumbled across this article.

Its an article about a velociraptor in lingerie and I can't wait to see you all join me in therapy.
    The phrase 'Body off Baywatch, face off Crimewatch' comes to mind.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...g-stardom.html
    Last edited by Danny; 27th-May-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Thread Information