Thread: Jive Masters 2003 Video

Jive Masters 2003 Video

I am the proud owner of about 20 dance videos (at least) and I have to say that the Jive Masters 2003 is by far the best, in price, production and content.

It was great to see the heats I missed. In the heats there was one slow track which they all danced beautifully (some maybe better than others) BUT the fast track did cause lots of problems to most couples, I thought Mark & Laili displayed the best rendition of modern jive to fast music. Mark lead at the correct tempo and Laili changed her style slightly to cope with the fast music and they looked great.

Most of us saw the finals, so it was extra interesting to see the heats.

Only one complaint – the Scottish heat was missing. I was told the filming wasn’t compatible, shame as I believe a lot of the forumites were in the heats

Has anyone else seen it ? I would love to hear your comments.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

The Oracle

Re: Jive Masters 2003 Video

Originally posted by Minnie M
    the Scottish heat was missing. I was told the filming wasn’t compatible
    The Southern heats & finals were filmed professionally, on broadcast quality equipment, with decent lighting, tripods etc

I did video the Scottish heat, on my small camcorder, without a tripod, and without any control over the lighting.

The difference in quality is very noticable, and my footage was not up to the standard required for the video.

I'm happy to do a copy if anyone wants.

David

Re: Jive Masters 2003 Video

Originally posted by Minnie M
    I am the proud owner of about 20 dance videos (at least) and I have to say that the Jive Masters 2003 is by far the best, in price, production and content.

It was great to see the heats I missed. In the heats there was one slow track which they all danced beautifully (some maybe better than others) BUT the fast track did cause lots of problems to most couples, I thought Mark & Laili displayed the best rendition of modern jive to fast music. Mark lead at the correct tempo and Laili changed her style slightly to cope with the fast music and they looked great.

Most of us saw the finals, so it was extra interesting to see the heats.

Only one complaint – the Scottish heat was missing. I was told the filming wasn’t compatible, shame as I believe a lot of the forumites were in the heats

Has anyone else seen it ? I would love to hear your comments.
    I couldn't resist a quick check of of the forum, even though I'm trying to stay off the internet til I get through this mountain of work ...

But thanks, so much, Minnie for your compliment to Marc and Laili - I can't wait to pass on your comments. I can already see Marc blushing!! Of course I'd always be proud of them, but especially so since they'd only danced together a few times before the heat.

Unforunately, we haven't got our copy of the video yet - I understood that competitors would get a complimentary video. I'm dying to see it, too .... Has any other competitor got theirs?

That's such a shame about the Scottish heat - I'd certainly love to see that again. Thanks, David, for video'ing it! I'd like to ask you for a copy when we see you again.
    Rachel

(Oh, just remembered, David - I was dreaming last night that you and Lily were giving a dance demonstration at my work place ...!)

The Forum Legend

Re: Re: Jive Masters 2003 Video

Originally posted by Rachel
    Unforunately, we haven't got our copy of the video yet - I understood that competitors would get a complimentary video. I'm dying to see it, too .... Has any other competitor got theirs?
    Nope. Not yet. I did send Adam my address a few weeks ago, but there's no video yet

Steve

Re: Re: Jive Masters 2003 Video

Originally posted by DavidB
    I did video the Scottish heat, on my small camcorder, without a tripod, and without any control over the lighting.
    I'm happy to do a copy if anyone wants.
    Would love to swap a copy of that for the Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town that Mrs B requested
    Last edited by Chris; 26th-November-2003 at 12:33 PM.

I understand that Christine Chen hasn't had her video either.

I emailed Adam to try to order up a copy but haven't had a reply. Anyone know how I go about buying a copy?

M

Ceroc Franchisee & Teacher cerocmetro's Avatar
    Ok OK OK OK!!! I can only use this new baby excuse thing for a while but whilst I can I will.

All competitors will receive a video. These will start going out from tomorrow, quite a few have already gone.

I have a pile of orders that also need to be dealt with. Mandy usually deals with all this sort of stuff but has not been feeling great with all the extra demands of three kids, Alex Amy and me!

I am pleased everyone likes the video, quality especially, you guys are usually always so quick to have a go. I was very sorry that we were not able to put the Scottish section on. As you may know, the scottish heat was thrown together fairly last minute and we could not arrange to get video man up there. The recording had to be in the same format. Dave B has very kindly offered to provide copies for anyone who would like it. Good Ole Dave, kisses to L

Am I allowed to promote? Like I am going to wait for a relpy Franck.

This video is one of the best dance videos you will ever see. It is 3 hours long and probably the cheapest video around. Why, well we wanted as many people as possible to share the JiveMasters experience. We want to run JM 2 and it helps if more people know about it. By making it so cheap, it is easier to buy one than to copy it.

Tramp, did Franck ever tell you you missed the finals by 1 point?

Adam

The Forum Legend
    Originally posted by cerocmetro
    Ok OK OK OK!!! I can only use this new baby excuse thing for a while but whilst I can I will.

All competitors will receive a video. These will start going out from tomorrow, quite a few have already gone.

I have a pile of orders that also need to be dealt with. Mandy usually deals with all this sort of stuff but has not been feeling great with all the extra demands of three kids, Alex Amy and me!

I am pleased everyone likes the video, quality especially, you guys are usually always so quick to have a go. I was very sorry that we were not able to put the Scottish section on. As you may know, the scottish heat was thrown together fairly last minute and we could not arrange to get video man up there. The recording had to be in the same format. Dave B has very kindly offered to provide copies for anyone who would like it. Good Ole Dave, kisses to L

Am I allowed to promote? Like I am going to wait for a relpy Franck.

This video is one of the best dance videos you will ever see. It is 3 hours long and probably the cheapest video around. Why, well we wanted as many people as possible to share the JiveMasters experience. We want to run JM 2 and it helps if more people know about it. By making it so cheap, it is easier to buy one than to copy it.

Tramp, did Franck ever tell you you missed the finals by 1 point?

Adam
    I've heard that it's a really good video. Which is why I want to see it.

Franck actually told me that we missed the final by 2 points. Should have known that he'd be exaggarating!! Not a bad result against the local favourites (and the second placed couple in the final)

Steve

Originally posted by cerocmetro
    What shameless plugging! The man has no shame!

But I have to confess his blurb is very accurate! I even started a new bit on the videos page of my wee website to mention it

Adam - how about clarifying the price - is it £12.50 + postage or £12.50 inc postage?

Ceroc Franchisee & Teacher cerocmetro's Avatar
    Originally posted by Chris
    :Adam - how about clarifying the price - is it £12.50 + postage or £12.50 inc postage?
    The JiveMasters video, truly the best dance video you will ever see, except maybe for next years one which you will find out more about if you join our mailing list (send me an email ceroc@hotmail.com or check out website www.cerocmetro.com) and is three hours long, of extremely high quality and a total must have etc etc etc. (I need to make a living),

is, £12.50 plus postage which is £2.50 in the UK ie £15 to have the hotest video around land on your door step.

Adam

Adam has just emailed me an order form so my cheque will be in the post pronto.

I suspect some of my emails have not been getting through to some people as there are other responses I should have been receiving - and there was me getting paranoid.:sorry

Cheers Adam,

M

I've just received my copy of the Jivemasters Video - brilliant, thanks Adam.

I have just had a quick scan through and there is some fabulous stuff there - just the kind of thing we lesser mortals on the dance scene like to see (IMO). Amir & Tas, and Simon & Tania have given me lots of inspiration. That "look" Amir (re. semi and finals) really works well, and the white gloves work a treat.

Where there are 3 couples on the floor (as in the semi-finals) what do you think the chances of having split screen when concentrating on individual couples so we don't miss a single moment of what the other couples are doing? Just a thought for future occassions (yes, I know it will mean having 3 cameras).

Thanks again Adam, great idea, great event, and great video. Cheers mate.

M

Thread Information