Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Parky right?

Blog Entries

Is Parky right?

"Jade represents a wretched Britain".

Parky has said that whilst its sad that she died, its no more sad than any other young person dying so young and she is by no means to be compared to a saint or Princess Diana.

He has said that she represents what this country has come too. Wretched.

Has she?

What do you think?

Commercial Operator

Re: Is Parky right?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post

Parky has said that whilst its sad that she died, its no more sad than any other young person dying so young and she is by no means to be compared to a saint or Princess Diana.

Has she?

What do you think?

It is always sad when a young person dies, especially when they leave behind young children but other than that I entirely agree with Michael Parkinson, what has she done that you would want young people to aspire to. Do we want a nation of ignorant, uneducated youth that are famous for being famous?

I am so fed up with the celebrity culture that seems to have gripped this country and so called reality TV that is not actually reality rather than manipulated circumstances

Has she?

What do you think?
    yes

Yes.

With one proviso, and please don't shoot me. Since I don't suffer from the 'Royalty Delusion' I think it can be equally compared to the death of Princess Diana, and both deaths highlight certain aspects about this country which are not good IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TA Guy View Post
    highlight certain aspects about this country which are not good IMO.
    I dunno about "not good". I think it's human nature for the masses to get emotional about someone in the public eye dying, especially when it's tragic, like Jade or Diana who were young and have young children.

Blog Entries

Has she?

What do you think?
    Yes. for Parky.

Yes.

With one proviso, and please don't shoot me. Since I don't suffer from the 'Royalty Delusion' I think it can be equally compared to the death of Princess Diana, and both deaths highlight certain aspects about this country which are not good IMO.
    I'll keep the safety on while you explain why?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Yes.

and we could go one further and disagree that she cant be compared to Saints - ordinary people made celebrity by the church - the Jade Goodys of their time.

Yes.

Perspicacious.

Yes.

Sheer irrational hysteria, in both cases.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Yes.

Perspicacious.
    oh for goodness sakes (ambles away from computer to get dictionary out)

(pssst: www.dictionary.com )

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Yes. for Parky.

I'll keep the safety on while you explain why?
    (or me being thick...?)

Safety.....catch (on a gun - you're gonna go a-shootin')?

Safety......pin (on your crotchless panties)?

Safety.......belt (male chastity belt which DT makes you wear when she's away)?

Safety.......net ('cos you are going to jump off the roof of a tall building after DT said she didn't like it when you farted under the duvet)?

......or something else?

There are many jokes doing the rounds about Jade Goody - not my cup of jasmin - although this was mildly amusant:

Jack Tweed walks in to a library and asks for a book on spiritualism.
    The librarian says; "**** off, you might bring her back."
    Last edited by JiveLad; 8th-April-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Has she?

What do you think?
    Yes, although I did get the sense of a significant change in behaviour once she found out that she was going to die.

She, at least died with a little more dignity than she lived, and so, I respect how she died, but not how she lived.

I agree with Parky, she was not exactly a role model, by any stretch of the imagination. Although one good thing that has come out of it is that it has pushed a lot young women/girls to go and have cervical smears, who might of otherwise been a bit apethetic before.

Other than that it is no more tragic than anyone else that has lost their life to this horrible disease and I thought the funeral was a wee bit OTT.
    Last edited by Jay Jay; 9th-April-2009 at 12:01 AM.

This just in:

somebody else is trying to cash in on the Jade effect.

Note the quote from a source 'close to Jade' - but before reading it, switch your irony detector off, otherwise it will short out and may cause serious injury.

("close to Jade" - what, like - in the graveyard?)

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    ("close to Jade" - what, like - in the graveyard?)
    Well he is pictured holding a spade

edit : Although now that I've followed the link - that's an old story from when Jade was very much alive. Personally i don't see anything wrong with selling items to do with a clearly popular figure. You can only sell what people want to buy.

Also its hilarious that The Sun is outraged about this sort of thing, of all papers. The Hillsborough outrage springs to mind.

Unconnected but interesting, Private Eye reckons Max Clifford made around £200,000 from representing Jade.
    Last edited by Dreadful Scathe; 15th-April-2009 at 01:56 PM.

£1,000, though?

Think how many years of Sky+ subscription or 'designer' bags-the-size-of-a-small-car you can buy with that...

Cool Re: Is Parky right?

Jade Goody was (to use a modern term) an attention whore. Unfortunately her death has just given more fuel to the trash media who exploited her stupidity so extensively when she was still breathing. The same media that is being fed money by the public for printing images of Jade that have been Photoshopped to remove her healthy hair for example. To the press Jade's not a saint, she's a meal ticket, and she'll continue to be one so long as brain dead morons continue to buy "Exclusive: Jade's last tragic words to her grieving boys on her death bed - as told by a close source" stories.

There are comparisons being drawn between the loud mouthed racist bully and Princess Diana. Diana work tirelessly to promote AIDS awareness, fronted international campaigns to reduce landmine use, y'know, the sort of stuff you'd expect from a saintly person. So what has Saint Jade done for humanity? I would say that Jade's passing may go some way to proving the power of prayer. Not long after she called some Asian woman "Poppadom" on some TV show most of Asia was praying for her demise; and most of the UK was baying for her blood. Wish granted! How quickly they forget.

Oh! Is Parky right? You bet your sweet pippy he is!

Yes.

I don't suffer from a 'Royalty Delusion' either, but I can appreciate that Diana did an awful lot regarding humanitarian aid and in terms of providing revenue to our country through tourism, as she did have an undeniably large global fan base. I'm afraid i am struggling to see what Jade did for us. Was she not famous for being thick? Aside from cheap smelling perfume and a plethora of dodgy headlines / reality tv appearances there's not much to say. This is a woman who thought East Anglia was another country and didn't have the foggiest concept of what or where Europe was/is. I don't think we can in any way compare her death with that of diana.

I think it is tragic that she died at such a young age and that her children will grow up without their mother. I think it is horrendous that she died of such an awful disease, but I agree with Parky that it is no more sad or tragic than any other death.

I agree that both deaths do highlight things about our country..mainly the mass hysteria that many fall under. What is this thing with flowers? I am only 31 and yet I definitely remember a time when this didn't happen and that deaths were marked in a less hysterical way!!!
    Last edited by Haylz; 15th-April-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Thread Information