I've collected various computer bits for a while and now finally taking the plunge to see if I can build one
I'm using a 6VX-133 motherboard with a Pentium III as a start point, and added a CDROM, 31/4 floppy and a 20gig hard drive (which has Windows 98 (SE) loaded onto it), with 128Mhz/133 RAM, wired it all up and switched it on. It goes through all the usual set-up stuff you get when you start, and then it says 'No system disc (or boot-up - can't remember which) Please insert system disc and press 'enter''

SO after using assorted discs including various WIndows 98 'Start-up' discs, DOS etc. nothing alters and I still get the same message. I've loaded an old version of DOS 5.0 that I have hanging around which at least gives me a prompt, but won't recognise a 'C' Drive (At least it proves drive 'A' is working!)

So over to you good people - any suggestions. As you have probably gathered my IT knowledge is limited, although not totally non-existant, but I don't mind experimenting. Can anyone suggest a way of progressing and what system disc I need to start (I would have thought the hard disc would have one pre-loaded!)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks