Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Jeremy Kyle Ladies' Hair Do

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Re: The Jeremy Kyle Ladies' Hair Do

thanks guys, you really made me laugh this morning, i needed that!

I see someone released the 'smug' virus at a recent weekender and you've all caught it. Or perhaps it was smuggled into an ink reservoir at the Daily Telegraph printing plant...

Tut tut.

Of course I have far too much humility to engage in this sort of character assassination based on appearance.

It is touching to see their blind faith in the polygraph/lie detector. Give the people a few dials and switches - "all the time the needles flick and rock..." - and they're completely bamboozled.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fi View Post
    (honestly, who claps themselves???)
    When I used to attend football matches regularly I never used to understand why the crowd would clap when the stadium announcer gave the attendance figure for the day Clapping yourselves for turning up?

Agree with Barry though about the smug vein - aren't we lucky these oiks don't turn up at dancing and ruin our perfectly respectable middle-aged, middle-class pursuit?

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    middle-aged
    Hey!!!

middle-class
    Hey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Also, if they have a child, the only way they can be sure who's the father, is to have a paternity test

Live on TV!
    But they have to perform the test on all 16 of the potential fathers as the mother can't be sure which one it might ahve been

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

respectable
    Hey!!!

middle-aged
    Oi watch yourself!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also, if they have a child, the only way they can be sure who's the father, is to have a paternity test

Live on TV!
    I've just heard that 'over the counter' Paternity tests, go on sale today!!

I bet Jeremy Kyle isn't happy!

I wonder how many men will 'sneakily' do one?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Called 'over the counter' (by the Daily Mail, perhaps?) but although you buy the kit over the counter they aren't like a pregnancy test - 1 dip and does it turn blue? - but you then have to send the cotton buds off to the lab and fork out another £130 to get the results. During that process - if I understand aright - there is a telephone call during which the testees get some preliminary counselling.

Can't help thinking the reason why the cost is split £30/£130 between kit and test results is because they think a lot of people will buy the kit but then bottle out of getting the results....

I do remember, not that long ago, hearing someone state that some estimates put the number of men unwittingly bringing up someone else's child as their own might be as high as 1 in 4.

In my family, a close relative married a young woman with a toddler. They went on to have a further 4 children (there's now a fifth/sixth, which may not be his). Despite well-meaning advice from all and sundry within the extended family (except me, I knew not to waste my breath) they were both too scared and stupid to tell the first child that 'Daddy' was not actually her daddy. Compounded with this, his failure to treat her with the same indulgence and affection he gave to his own children - especially his first born son - was painfully obvious to all observers. She was a pretty little thing, very lively and hurtingly anxious to be well thought of by everyone, and I found the whole thing so distressing that I avoided the whole family whenever I could.

Seems that early last year, mum and 'dad' had the latest in a series of ongoing and very unpleasant rows, in the course of which the girl, now 12, found out that he was not her father. (I expect somebody threw it in somebody else's face.) Within six months she was pregnant. (Lost the baby, perhaps fortunately, within weeks.) Now she's been suspended from school several times, and wants to go and live with her real daddy.

My forecast is that she will be a single mother before 16, her mother will probably have another three of four children, my relative will be excluded from the family (allegations of violence have already been made to social services, and could be true) and the other children will also be at risk.

I should say that the wife is the worst example of a 'mother' I have ever seen, close up. I wouldn't leave her in charge of a Chatty Cathy doll, never mind half a dozen children.

Blog Entries

I've just heard that 'over the counter' Paternity tests, go on sale today!!

I bet Jeremy Kyle isn't happy!

I wonder how many men will 'sneakily' do one?
    Are you kidding me. !!

Oh im gutted. Me and Scarface love Maury pouvich "WHO'S THE DADDY" episodes on a saturday morning LOL, even my little one loves laughing at it... (i figure a good way to put him off later in life sticking his things in places they shouldn't be)

Questions though... How did Jeremy Kyle get his job.? Why is he still employed.? -

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Questions though... How did Jeremy Kyle get his job.? Why is he still employed.? -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

Yep got to admit - car crash television - you gotta love it even though you hate it

I find watching this sort of programme merely depresses me. I like to pretend to myself that most people are fundamentally decent, but these programmes parade one bit of living proof after another that many people are fundamentally horrible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    I find watching this sort of programme merely depresses me. I like to pretend to myself that most people are fundamentally decent, but these programmes parade one bit of living proof after another that many people are fundamentally horrible.
    Ooo, oooo, there's a solution to that!

Don't watch it.

Blog Entries

After DT put that link on yesterday, i had a look at the you tube clips that are on there. My goodness its bad. JK getting an envelope in the side of the head is nothing to another clip that shows a guest getting a straight head butt, broke his nose and everything.

oh dear. !

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post

Oh right. Will that make the horrible people disappear, then? I think we should have you in charge of social policy making, Gav.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    Oh right. Will that make the horrible people disappear, then? I think we should have you in charge of social policy making, Gav.
    No that's a solution to getting depressed about it, obviously the solution to the pond-life is selective, compulsory sterilisation.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    Agreed. If you look through some of the Jeremy Kyle youtube vids (i'd need to look it up again) theres one where a husband is confronted by his wifes new lover, the lover comes up to have words on the stage - he gets headbutted for his trouble. When the assault went to court the husband was let off with a fine due to the disgust of the judge who suggested it was a set-up and the Jeremy Kyle show was no better than bear-baiting. Which it is. Horrible program.

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post

Don't watch it.
    I don't, as a general rule. From time to time when channel hopping I'll stop and have a look, for about 5 minutes or so.

Thread Information