1 14.29%
  • im gay

2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The lardbuckets and all that is wrong with the UK

Blog Entries

The lardbuckets and all that is wrong with the UK

picked up the sun newspaper today (by mistake) anyway, reading it i found a bloke called Kelvin Mackenzie - columnist. He has this to say about this family who between them weigh 83stone, get 30k in benefits a year, have not worked for 11 years due to weight related illnesses and do not have time to exercise.

He asks the question,WHY SHOULD WE PUT OUR MONEY INTO THE POCKETS OF THESE CHAWNERS (better known as lardbuckets) Dad weights 24 stone as does the wife who is 4ft. Daughters not much taller weighing 18stone and 17 stone.

Should we be supporting these lardbuckets?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ot-enough.html
    Last edited by Trouble; 19th-March-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Re: The lardbuckets and all that is wrong with the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    picked up the sun newspaper today (by mistake) anyway, reading it i found a bloke called Kelvin Mackenzie - columnist. He has this to say about this family who between them weigh 83stone, get 30k in benefits a year, have not worked for 11 years due to weight related illnesses and do not have time to exercise.

He asks the question,WHY SHOULD WE PUT OUR MONEY INTO THE POCKETS OF THESE CHAWNERS (better known as lardbuckets) Dad weights 24 stone as does the wife who is 4ft. Daughters not much taller weighing 18stone and 17 stone.

Should we be supporting these lardbuckets?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ot-enough.html
    If they're too fat to work, how do they not have time to exercise?

Michele, it's a can of worms my dear sister. You could apply the same argument to the thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of people who are drug addicts and are unable to work because they can't function due to their addiction. They still get money from the government every week and a place to live for free.

It's a waste of time and energy even thinking about it. NEXT!

The taxation and benefits system is there to help people at the lowest rung of the ladder to climb their way up and get support.

As with many things: I'd rather have it there, with the minority who abuse it than not have it at all.

The day we begin to pick and choose who gets benefits, healthcare, civil liberties etc based on our opinions of their lifestyle is the day we play a very, very dangerous game for all of us.

Anyways, I'd never, ever recommend reading newspapers (as a student studying International Media), not even once every so often. The people behind them are truly slimier and more backwards than anybody they could ever write about.
    Last edited by Danny; 19th-March-2009 at 03:55 PM.

OK I'm confused by the poll options.

Is the question "is this wrong" or "should we support them", cause if I say "no" it could be interpreted either way.

It's one of my major peeves people using the system this way due to weight problems - but I know that looking at it to long will do nothing but get be annoyed. So back I'll go to work so I can afford to spend what little free time I have at the gym (which I've had to pay to get membership of) so I can stay in some modicum of shape

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The taxation and benefits system is there to help people at the lowest rung of the ladder to climb their way up and get support.

As with many things: I'd rather have it there, with the minority who abuse it than not have it at all.

The day we begin to pick and choose who gets benefits, healthcare, civil liberties etc based on our opinions of their lifestyle is the day we play a very, very dangerous game for all of us.

Anyways, I'd never, ever recommend reading newspapers (as a student studying International Media), not even once every so often. The people behind them are truly slimier and more backwards than anybody they could ever write about.
    I am sorry Danny but to put it as nicely as I can, I agree with 1% of that load of garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Michele, it's a can of worms my dear sister. You could apply the same argument to the thousands (hundreds of thousands?) of people who are drug addicts and are unable to work because they can't function due to their addiction. They still get money from the government every week and a place to live for free.

To me DT that is only the tip of the iceberg.Then you have to read a post from Danny.Perrrrrrrrrlease

What's wrong with the UK, with this sort of situation and so many other things, is that we keep throwing money at the symptoms and never bother to cure the disease.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djtrev View Post
    I am sorry Danny but to put it as nicely as I can, I agree with 1% of that load of garbage.
    Which bit do you agree with ? (though 1% is maybe just a few words)

I'd certainly agree with this, but there needs to be something done about this "minority who abuse it" for their own good rather than for the reasons of just saving the taxpayers some money. Here's a book that looks at those issues and how the abuse of the welfare system can cause breakdown of society - don't know if this is any good, but it certainly sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    What's wrong with the UK, with this sort of situation and so many other things, is that we keep throwing money at the symptoms and never bother to cure the disease.
    There are clearly issues with the system, and its not something we can fix on our own anymore, tied as we are to Europe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

To me DT that is only the tip of the iceberg.Then you have to read a post from Danny.Perrrrrrrrrlease
    Isn't this a discussion forum. ***. - i like opening cans of worms. It can make for a little interest on the forum instead of the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Isn't this a discussion forum. ***. - i like opening cans of worms. It can make for a little interest on the forum instead of the usual.

I don't know why we're still whining about benefit cheats and their effect on Society when those City Wan.., I mean Bankers have just gambled away billions, wrecked the economy and have affected all our lives to some extent. These are the people we all need to worry and whine about.

[B]I'd rather have it there, .
    Thats the bit I agree with DS

Trouble,I wasn't trying to suppress discussion,it's just that I think there is so much that can irritate people when you talk about benefits and health care.Racist or not,you cant tell me that joe public are happy to read about all the benefits that are handed out to some of these Muslim extremists.As for this pension business with Fred Goodwin.
    Before coming to Portugal I was claiming benefits and they overpaid me by about £700.They have pursued me here by post ever since to make sure that they get there money back when I return in May.I have no problem with paying it back but when I read about all these handouts it does tend to ruffle my feathers a bit.

Blog Entries

Trouble,I wasn't trying to suppress discussion,it's just that I think there is so much that can irritate people when you talk about benefits and health care.Racist or not,you cant tell me that joe public are happy to read about all the benefits that are handed out to some of these Muslim extremists.As for this pension business with Fred Goodwin.
    Before coming to Portugal I was claiming benefits and they overpaid me by about £700.They have pursued me here by post ever since to make sure that they get there money back when I return in May.I have no problem with paying it back but when I read about all these handouts it does tend to ruffle my feathers a bit.
    Ruffling feathers makes for a good discussion does it not.?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Here's a book that looks at those issues and how the abuse of the welfare system can cause breakdown of society
    I'd turn it round and argue that society is the cause of the welfare state.
    Example: This topic is about people getting something for doing absolutely nothing, as reported in the newspaper. Fine.
    Also reported in the newspaper as a heroine is the continuing death of Jade Goody. A woman with no concept of class who's only marketable talent has been the sheer intensity of her own stupidity and uselessness. Someone who has openly and proudly told a generation - "You can do nothing, know nothing, have no talent, be ignorant and proud and be heavily rewarded".

When the media reflects morons like her as something to aspire to, what else would we expect from some sections of society? Wendy Richards died recently of cancer and was a woman with talent and a distinguished career, someone noteworthy. However, if you blinked you'd miss her story in the press because of all the columns devoted to Goody who only a few months ago was public enemy #1.

If society is to change, it needs to start at the top and work its way down, government, media, business. Right now, stupidity is nothing to be ashamed of and is actively marketed.
    People are products of their environment, I'd say that those at the bottom of the ladder don't know anything better than the world that saturates them with mediocrity.
    Fix society and the economic, psychological and political effects will soon follow (e.g Spanish, Danish, Swiss culture).

(I wish I wasn't such a sucker for online debate...)
    Last edited by Danny; 20th-March-2009 at 04:31 PM.

Absolutely spot on.

So you're saying that newspaper don't spout a load of biased *******s? Oh come on.

Racist or not,you cant tell me that joe public are happy to read about all the benefits that are handed out to some of these Muslim extremists.
    Stop reading the Daily Mail and form your own opinions

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTomato View Post
    So you're saying that newspaper don't spout a load of biased *******s? Oh come on.
    No I'm saying that I am glad we have the benefit system.
    As for my preferred choice of reading,its The Sun.

Also reported in the newspaper as a heroine is the continuing death of Jade Goody. A woman with no concept of class who's only marketable talent has been the sheer intensity of her own stupidity and uselessness. Someone who has openly and proudly told a generation - "You can do nothing, know nothing, have no talent, be ignorant and proud and be heavily rewarded".

When the media reflects morons like her as something to aspire to, what else would we expect from some sections of society? Wendy Richards died recently of cancer and was a woman with talent and a distinguished career, someone noteworthy. However, if you blinked you'd miss her story in the press because of all the columns devoted to Goody who only a few months ago was public enemy #1.

:
    Yes I couldn't agree more.Absolutely disgraceful.Somehow I wasn't surprised that Max Clifford would be involved sooner or later.

Jade Goody said that? Wow, she's more articulate than I thought.

I read that her mother said yesterday: "My beautiful daughter is dead."

I thought: 'If Jade was the beautiful daughter, god help the other ones...'

Thread Information