View Poll Results: Who's going to Scorch?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I'm there for sure.

75 64.10%
  • Nah, giving this one a miss

27 23.08%
  • Maybe, not sure, thinking about it.....

6 5.13%
  • I WANT to go, I just have to work out HOW now! lol

7 5.98%
  • I'm going AND joining in the great SPACEHOPPER BBQ bonanza (with added Waffles )!!

13 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ceroc Scorch, Southport, 29-31 May 2009 - who's going?

Ceroc Scorch, Southport, 29-31 May 2009 - who's going?

Right, I haven't been to a weekender for ages but i'm all booked up for this one - who else is on board, or is it just me?

Moved to new thread with public poll as requested - DavidY
    Last edited by DavidY; 16th-March-2009 at 06:04 PM.

Re: Ceroc Scorch, Southport, May 2009 - who's going?

Could a moderator make the poll public please.

Bloody hope I'm going. I'm sooooo gutted at not being there this weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
    Bloody hope I'm going. I'm sooooo gutted at not being there this weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Could a moderator make the poll public please.
    I don't know that they can - after people have voted on it. Maybe you could start a new thread with a public poll and ask the mods to delete this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    I don't know that they can - after people have voted on it. Maybe you could start a new thread with a public poll and ask the mods to delete this one?
    If Lynn is correct then can a moderator please delete this entire thread so that we can start again with a public poll please.

Thumbs down Re: Ceroc Scorch, Southport, May 2009 - who's going?

I would have been going but after attending blush and finding that something like 75% (30+) of the people I knew there (40+) were on a freebie I'll be giving it a miss until Ceroc can do better than 10% off for those who actually paid their way this time (the DVD should have been free for paying customers along with 40% off next time), or there has been long enough for it to mature to the point where I won't find I'm one of the few who had actually paid to be there. Will be interesting to see if Scorch actually happens, shame as I was really looking forward to having a northern Ceroc weekender not far from home

Quote Originally Posted by rjm2k1 View Post
    I would have been going but after attending blush and finding that something like 75% (30+) of the people I knew there (40+) were on a freebie I'll be giving it a miss until Ceroc can do better than 10% off for those who actually paid their way this time (the DVD should have been free for paying customers along with 40% off next time), or there has been long enough for it to mature to the point where I won't find I'm one of the few who had actually paid to be there. Will be interesting to see if Scorch actually happens, shame as I was really looking forward to having a northern Ceroc weekender not far from home
    It is natural to be miffed, at others paying less, and may be a good reason not to book early in future.

I'm not sure it makes that much difference if others have got in cheaper, unless they're the ones you don't want to dance with (or don't want to dance with you). At least they're ensured there are sufficient people to dance with, so full paying customers aren't really worse off.

On the other hand if they are the ones you do want to dance with, if they don't get in free the next time, there is a good chance you won't see them next time.

I think this is the biggest issue. The freebies raise the standard but the situation changes when they drop out.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Ceroc need an awful lot of crew and teachers to run these weekenders! I am sure the people you were talking to probably just responded to the "crew needed" requests.

FYI I paid to attend this weekender, so you are not the only one! I am still here and having a fab time and cant wait for May!

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    It is natural to be miffed, at others paying less, and may be a good reason not to book early in future.

I'm not sure it makes that much difference if others have got in cheaper, unless they're the ones you don't want to dance with (or don't want to dance with you). At least they're ensured there are sufficient people to dance with, so full paying customers aren't really worse off.

On the other hand if they are the ones you do want to dance with, if they don't get in free the next time, there is a good chance you won't see them next time.

I think this is the biggest issue. The freebies raise the standard but the situation changes when they drop out.
    Oh, I really don't care that others got in for free, in fact I was offered a free ticket not long ago which I didn't take as I had already booked. I also wouldn't have fancied sharing a villa with 2 -5 others and I do agree that the weekend wouldn't have been what it was without the numbers being bumped up, I just think that Ceroc should be a little more appreciative of the people who actually booked more than three weeks ago and paid for the event.

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    Ceroc need an awful lot of crew and teachers to run these weekenders! I am sure the people you were talking to probably just responded to the "crew needed" requests.
    Unfortunatly I know this wasn't the case this time, lots of non crew basically given tickets to spread the word about how fantastic the weekends was (and it was). I think they only needed so many crew (at least the ones checking wristbands) because they were there to give you a free one if you didn't have one But yes, a great touch was that there were plenty of crew to hlp out, organise lines (sometimes) etc, in fact I counted 8 of them sat at the weather center at one point all waiting for customers :O

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

You obv know something i dont!
    Everyone of my friends and general weekender acquaintances paid for their tickets unless they were teaching or striping the event at the end of the event!!

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel View Post
    You obv know something i dont!
    Everyone of my friends and general weekender acquaintances paid for their tickets unless they were teaching or striping the event at the end of the event!!
    You could be correct, maybe all the freebies were just from the one area where I happen to know people, though a guy from Cheltnam (which is not my area) who came to ogle my chips during one of the breaks did seem to think it was amusing that he'd had to turn down one of many free spaces as he'd already got one for a tenner , anyway I'm off to watch my Blush dvd (thankfully lacking in backdrops with 12 foot cocktail glasses, sydney opera house and a beach ala another event organiser) to try and remember some ofthe moves, have a great rest of sunday night if you are still at blush,
    Last edited by rjm2k1; 15th-March-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Commercial Operator Swinging bee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader View Post
    Right, I haven't been to a weekender for ages but i'm all booked up for this one - who else is on board, or is it just me?
    NO, NO, NO, Would rather lick dogs pee from a thistle....:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging bee View Post
    NO, NO, NO, Would rather lick dogs pee from a thistle....:
    make sure you put the video on youtube and post a link on the forum.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Unfortunatly I know this wasn't the case this time, lots of non crew basically given tickets to spread the word about how fantastic the weekends was
    Ooh conspiracy theory : Southport made a 'fake' success by the arbitrary giving out of free tickets. No doubt Rocky will be along to confirm this

rjm2k1 ! Nice name. Nice of you to join us just to criticise an event. Aspidistra ? Gronda Gronda.

Commercial Operator

One bloke I know (very new to jive), never been to a weekender before, got his invite along with it seems anyone had a email address he tell me, inviting him a discount if he helped. In the end he says his service weren't required so he got a single place for £99 + a Free place for Camber in May. Will let you know how he got on.

Commercial Operator Swinging bee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    make sure you put the video on youtube and post a link on the forum.

Ha! I like it, a person with a sense of humour! I thought of maybe chewing a wasps nest, but it's too early in the year for them!

Never get upset with life because no one gets out alive anyway
    Last edited by Swinging bee; 16th-March-2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: error in typing

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    Ooh conspiracy theory : Southport made a 'fake' success by the arbitrary giving out of free tickets. No doubt Rocky will be along to confirm this

rjm2k1 ! Nice name. Nice of you to join us just to criticise an event. Aspidistra ? Gronda Gronda.
    Never said it was a fake success, what was done was obviously necessary to help give this new event a kick start, however those who did pay shouldn't be forgotten. If you actually read my posts you will see that I haven't criticised the event OR even criticised the issuing of free tickets indeed I have agreed with it to an extent, I have merely pointed out that Ceroc shouldn't forget about their paying customers. The event itself was great with a lot of nice touches like the tv channel.

Btw, as you can see I joined this forum in Sep 2008, well before blush, just had nothing much to say before since all the weekenders were down south and I'm very happy there is now a Ceroc weekender oop north and want it to be successful.
    Last edited by rjm2k1; 16th-March-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Unfortunatly I know this wasn't the case this time, lots of non crew basically given tickets to spread the word about how fantastic the weekends was (and it was). I think they only needed so many crew (at least the ones checking wristbands) because they were there to give you a free one if you didn't have one But yes, a great touch was that there were plenty of crew to hlp out, organise lines (sometimes) etc, in fact I counted 8 of them sat at the weather center at one point all waiting for customers

This is very interesting, I was given free places for my 'fletcherett's' non of us including me were told to do this, and with one of the biggest gobs about surly it would make sense if that was the idea?

I think you will find Ceroc don't need to 'buy' good feed back this will be given freely. Also you cant buy my opinion that is also given freely

Thread Information