Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Blush The Aftermath

Re: Blush The Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    As JA did, just not live, which it could be argued is better as you are not then subject to the delays that occur in a live class environment.
    Ah but you also don't get the see Franck humping the stage

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fi View Post
    if you want to see that you should be AT the class and not in your room

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Look, I'm no expert, but even I know water fountains need to be plumbed in with a water supply and drainage, not to mention they are extremely wasteful and unhygienic....oh, and they also ruin your lippy when you're trying to have a slurp, Jim.
    Those machines looked plumbed into me, maybe on a tempoary plastic hose or somthing (although I didn't look closely). They weren't your normal put a plastic bottle on top job.

If they're unhygienic, how does my local gym get away with using them?

I did say you could have a combination of fountains and cup machines for thoes of us who like a cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fi View Post
    He's also a joy to watch on the DVD - I haven't laughed so much in ages, especially at his 'come hither thrusting move'.

Cool Re: Blush The Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    My goodness... a truly balanced post from someone who actually attended both events. I think I might print it off and frame it!

....snip....
    My goodness... a non-abusive post from Rocky. I think I might print it off and frame it!

The Dashing Moderator

The official photos are now on the Cerocpix website.
    Love dance, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    My goodness... a non-abusive post from Rocky. I think I might print it off and frame it!
    LOL..

Well, whatever... however what you can compare is a Ceroc Southport against a JA Southport (which was also Scott's point) - and from the feedback we know that given the same venue Ceroc made a much better job of it. The registration was more effecient, the music was way better and the seperation and management of the rooms genres was way better. There were more fans, DVD's available to buy on the Sunday and the lessons piped straight to your TV.

And not only that, everyone commented on how much friendlier the event was than at previous JA Southports.

to many fans! my eye lashes kept twanging of in the wind, *ping* there goese another one whoooosh

I'm not in control of it, but I think that's the idea. It required a different template for the booklet, but I gather that now this has been done that future weekenders will also have the full DJ schedule too. Lets face it, we're more important than the teachers anyway...
    JA have had DJ times and lists in their booklets, fot a least their last 3 weekenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe View Post
    As JA did, just not live, which it could be argued is better as you are not then subject to the delays that occur in a live class environment.
    We were watching, from the chalet TV, the beginning of Francks lesson (Friday evening) with Martin onscreen, when all of a sudden it was just showing the screen saver (floor of main room with logo) It stayed like that for the next hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    JA have had DJ times and lists in their booklets, fot a least their last 3 weekenders.
    That wasn't in dispute, Twirly was just asking what Ceroc were planning to do for the future that's all...

He's also a joy to watch on the DVD - I haven't laughed so much in ages, especially at his 'come hither thrusting move'.
    I think you mean his... "12 o'clock... 12 o'clock... 12 o'clock" move and from where we were sitting - we had a birds eye view - was fab!

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    My brain's a bit doddery these days... but I seem to recall at Breeze at least there were DJ schedules on posters dotted around. Or did I just imagine that??

The Dashing Moderator

My brain's a bit doddery these days... but I seem to recall at Breeze at least there were DJ schedules on posters dotted around. Or did I just imagine that??
    I may be wrong, but think they were at Breeze, on A4 sheets.

Presumably printing it on glossy posters (like JA do), or getting them printed in the booklets, means you need to know in further in advance what the DJ schedule will be.
    Love dance, will travel

Q: What do you call a collection of poor DJs in a Latin American room?
    A: Sheets of music

Sorry , I'll just get my cape....

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive View Post
    Q: What do you call a collection of poor DJs in a Latin American room?
    A: Sheets of music

Sorry , I'll just get my cape....
    tut .......... behave yourself Gojive

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by frodo View Post
    Far and away the worst jive weekender held at Pontins Southport for some time.

That said a pretty good weekender, significantly better than Camber.

Ceroc had clearly made an effort and it showed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Hiya
    Can you give your reasons for your above comments, and NO I have no affiliation to either camp as I have already been to a JA and a Ceroc weekender with more to come
    I'm not sure why that should matter, but am aware of that, and neither do I.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzzle View Post

I've only been to J.A Southports and Ceroc's Blazes so am interested to hear how Cerocs southport went.
    I've expanded the above summary as promised.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    ...it would be nice to understand how you arrived at this conclusion Frodo.
    I thought of it as the fairly natural conclusion/summary of the weekend.

Details follow (longer than I thought).

Compared to Camber

It was better than Camber (as it is) because there were more rooms, you had a DJ schedule well beforehand, no big problem with closing rooms early, the teachers and classes were better,more experienced and more diverse, the cabaret well worth watching.

It was also somewhat less samey than the southern Ceroc weekenders, possibly due to a Scottish influence and external teachers.

But fundamentally it was far more of a Ceroc weekender, than a Southport weekender.

Blush People,Classes,Freestyle,Music not up to Southport standard

Some things that matter are people, classes, freestyle and music. On all these counts Blush came up short. You don't need all of these all the time to have a great weekender, but in combination that makes a considerable gulf.

The classes were of a lower standard, there was less freestyle options, and the music wasn't as good, and there were both less people and proportionally less people who care about the things I care about when dancing.

The freestyle and music were particularly restricted as there were less rooms, and poorer use was made of them.

At Southport (apart after 04:00 when only the blues room was open and a WCS DJ playing) it was almost always possible to find a combination of good music and people to dance with somewhere.

Ceroc really should have sorted the volume/imbalance of the the music in the main room by Sunday A) for the sake of the dancers hearing and B) I don't like dancing to 2 tracks at once in the blues room. The main room DJs seemed to be having a lot of fun. Sometimes the volume was simply whacked up in the blues room, but that is hardly enjoyable either.

Some Southports had niggles, and I didn't always arrive in a good situation, but however I arrived, it somehow wasn't possible to fail to have a magical time, or leave not having been inspired.

NEXT TIME - Ceroc Scorch May/June 2009

Personally I'd be extremely happy if Ceroc would hold a weekender at the venue of a similar standard to that held previously at Southport.

But for many factors (individual comparisons may give an idea) I'm not optimistic.

The only improvement for next time (Scorch) that seems to be being offered is it being summer/outdoor dancing/barbecue.

I think they'll sort the gender balance and pretty much fill the venue.

Perhaps/hopefully the music volume with be sorted, and the hole where the original dance floor was left in the Latin room removed.

I notice only one headline teacher advertised in the booklet, so am concerned the teaching won't be as good.

I don't like dancing to 2 tracks at once in the blues room.
    Haven't you heard? It's "challenging".

...{snip}... lots of stuff ...
    It always amazes me how different people can have such wildly different experiences at the same event. We had a fantastic time at Southport. Personally I thought the music was excellent through the whole weekend. There is of course one thing that no organiser can control, and that's what the punter's bring to the weekender themselves.

I had an appalling time at Southport a while back, but I was in the middle of a four week intensive course and my mind was no where near where it should have been to have fun dancing. There wasn't anything anyone could have done to make that better.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy yourself frodo, although from your post it sounds like you don't really rate any of the Ceroc weekenders too highly. The great thing is, there is now so much choice for weekenders you really don't need to bother yourself with events that you don't enjoy anymore

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There is of course one thing that no organiser can control, and that's what the punter's bring to the weekender themselves.
    This is so true. Being in the right frame of mind and having the right people there, makes all the difference.

It's a shame you didn't enjoy yourself frodo,

~snip~

The great thing is, there is now so much choice for weekenders you really don't need to bother yourself with events that you don't enjoy anymore
    This is also true, the trouble with me is, I don't know which ones I'll enjoy the most and want to do them all!

I think i'll feel happier, once each weekender starts to establish its own personality, (Breeze is a 'no brainer' I LOVE this weekend) then it should make the decision making much easier.

At the moment, the only thing I know for sure is, I don't enjoy competition weekends and events, which is a relief, as I no longer even consider them
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Thread Information