Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Blush The Aftermath

Re: Blush The Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    Hey, it had to done Let me redress the balance by helping you out of a wee hole you've dug yourself into
    I know! So many paranoid women thinking I was referring to them As if I'd be looking at female backsides

Waffle party playlist - Eamon ft FCM "Ass is Fat" - TUNE!
    Bought it off iTunes this morning - am sure I could have gotten it via a torrent but I prefer a longer term approach than the freetards.

closely followed by Will.I.Am "Big & Chunky" - 'NOTHER TUNE!
    I'll be looking for this one too.

What was the, ahem, Ho's tune from the Waffle Party?

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Eamon again (the man's a genius!) "I Love Them Ho's (ho wop)"
    "Big and Chunky" is on the Madagascar 2 Soundtrack
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a simply wonderful time...

To be honest, I'd dreaded the drive up there alone but in the end, I actually enjoyed it, thankfully my courtesy car had the same multi media system as my car, so I could relax with my iPod on shuffle and the Sat-nav doing the directions.

I arrived, to find a the most helpers I've ever seen.. and the whole place was buzzing with efficiency.

Our chalet. Weeeeellll, at least it was 'near' but once i'd added all my 'home touches' it was fine! p.s. I've added something new to my packing list... a 'side lamp' and table cloth, no joke, it makes all the difference you know!

As soon as I'd got myself sorted, I headed over to the pub and started the weekend with some brilliant dances, one notable one was with RobD, you sure put me through my paces!

On the way over to the venue later, I walked passed at least 4 chalet parties and got dragged into 3 of them but survived.. JUST!

I confess, I didn't do one single class, apart from the last 5 mins of one of Kelese and Brents WCS. I poked my nose in and a friend grabbed me to practice on, they're quite new to WCS but they 'got it', so the teaching must have been good.

A highlight for me was Brent asking 'me' to dance and making me feel like a million dollars... as I suspect he did with everyone he danced with, the guy is a pure joy to dance with. And I witnessed Kelese asking people and making them feel good too! They are a really lovely, down to earth couple.

The latin room looked and smelt GREAT!
    I loved the Milonga and was surprised at how well attended it was. Warren (of brighton) is 'the man'

I didn't venture into the main room but only cos the music was absolutely brilliant in the other rooms.

The pub, I have to admit, my ONLY complaint of the weekend is the fact that I got cold. I, like Fletch turned the fans off a couple of times, only to find them back on within minutes. I found the only way to keep warm in the end, was to hug anyone I was standing next to!

Franck, you are a legend, dancing with you is always such a joy and just to let you know, you weren't the last person this weekend to say, I make my men work hard, apparently I'm 'exhausting' to dance with.
    they all said they didn't mean it in a bad way.. but you have to admit, it does SOUND bad though!

Music, everything I heard was spot on (i'm not a fan of the fast swing stuff. Quite frankly, I'm rubbish at it but even 'I' had a go lol)
    Fav set was Marc's last set, and the last 3 songs!

Dances.. I can honestly say, I probably had the best dances of my life this weekend, funny, sexy, exhilarating, educational and inspirational, to the point that, added together with the music, I actually welled up at one point!

Thank you to everyone who made this weekend so special, Tiggerbabe, LimpyTink, Franck, Kps, DTS (thank you for introducing 'the boy' to blues ) Balders, DavidY, Martin Harper, MrDarcy, Rocky, Val, Stokebloke, Marc F, Rachel, Warren and anyone else I may have forgotten (sorry) but lastly a huge thank you to Amr
    Last edited by Lory; 17th-March-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Thank you to everyone who made this weekend so special, Tiggerbabe, LimpyTink, Franck, Kps, DTS (thank you for introducing 'the boy' to blues ) Balders, DavidY, Martin Harper, MrDarcy, Rocky, Val, Warren and anyone else I may have forgotten (sorry) but lastly a huge thank you to Amr
    Shouldn't that be AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Shouldn't that be AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Cheeky!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Commercial Operator Mike Allsopp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Sledgehammer's set was well supported by his local venue Saturday early evening which was nice to see, he had them doing the conger around the 'blues room' for the last track. What's was that all about lol. LOL. x
    Sorry gal, might have been that I was half cut, first drink in more than 20yrs at the chalet party before it...only took 2 wines and a cheap bubbly!

My lot were a bit tipsy too - hence the conga!
    Sledge Hammer....Trust me, I know what I'm doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Allsopp View Post
    Sorry gal, might have been that I was half cut, first drink in more than 20yrs at the chalet party before it...only took 2 wines and a cheap bubbly!

My lot were a bit tipsy too - hence the conga!
    I almost joined in some bloke had grabbed me of a dance or I would have done, good fun, hope to see you next time.

I almost joined in some bloke had grabbed me of a dance or I would have done, good fun, hope to see you next time.
    I'll certainly be there, how can I not now??....I guess we're gonna have another 40 or more coming in May. I was really pleased as, for most of them, it was their first experience of a weekender and, without exception, they had a party.

I'm DJ-ing (soberly) at Stafford tonight, most of them will be there and I get the feeling they'll still be buzzin about it!

If not before, see you in May.

Sledge

I'll certainly be there, how can I not now??....I guess we're gonna have another 40 or more coming in May. I was really pleased as, for most of them, it was their first experience of a weekender and, without exception, they had a party.

I'm DJ-ing (soberly) at Stafford tonight, most of them will be there and I get the feeling they'll still be buzzin about it!

If not before, see you in May.

Sledge
    I would be interested to read any comment they make, please feed back Mike, there feelings on the 'blues room' at differnt times, main room and music etc,

I would be interested to read any comment they make, please feed back Mike, there feelings on the 'blues room' at differnt times, main room and music etc,
    I think they all agreed with you that the Blues Room was not the 'scary' place they hear about it being sometimes.

They loved it ...I think Sunday afternoon, with the doors open, all types of music playing and folks dancing around as they sat and ate, was quite 'mind-blowing' for them!

Personally, I don't often switch to total chill mode but that was very definitely the moment! (perhaps cos I'd just come out of another meeting!)

The whole weekend was a total experience for them, they enjoyed all three rooms and never really parked in any one for long, which was great!

Only 73 sleeps before Scorch

Sledge

Personally, I don't often switch to total chill mode but that was very definitely the moment! (perhaps cos I'd just come out of another meeting!)

Sledge
    for the feed back.

That was you in 'chill mode' tipping me upside down and trying to shack me out of my top

Cool Re: Blush The Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish Pixie View Post
    I loved that set so much, can you remember what the last 3 songs were, I know the version of save tonight he played gave me goosebumps, the words were so apt!
    The more I hear the Blues that John Baker plays the more I need to hear. That Sunday night/Monday morning set he played in the Latin room was a cracker. The vibe in the room was so friendly too.. of course it helped that when we walked in Kellese asked me for a dance and it felt FAN-flippin'-TASTIC :swoon:

That was you in 'chill mode' tipping me upside down and trying to shack me out of my top

I thought aerials were banned

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robd
    If your ass is fat, I can't help the way that I react
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe View Post
    Hey, it had to done Let me redress the balance by helping you out of a wee hole you've dug yourself into

Waffle party playlist - Eamon ft FCM "Ass is Fat" - TUNE!

closely followed by Will.I.Am "Big & Chunky" - 'NOTHER TUNE!
    Why am I suddenly paranoid (Was Rocky in the room?)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post

I thought aerials were banned

now Stokie you know its not 'do as I do' its 'do as I say'

for the feed back.

Yep, did you notice how many forks were dropped by the onlooking diners!

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    The more I hear the Blues that John Baker plays the more I need to hear.

I spent some time with him (and his then lady) and his laptop at Breeze. He has some really great stuff. Once started on the subject it is difficult to stop him, so I advise drawing up a comfie chair and pouring a glass of wine!

OK I never get around to posting aftermath reviews (though I start a lot... says alot about my attention span). Keeping it simple cause otherwise I'll go on then get distracted by something shiny

Could be improved (I'm in HR, we don't do "bad" in HR)

Wristbands: I know this has already been commented upon but I didn't really see the point in these. I didn't see any general public punters there (if there were, poor s ods - can you imagine going to Pontins and being unable to access any of the facilities cause you didn't have a wrist band?).

That being said I hear they made for great entertainment for the Friday night breakfast crew playing "revolving door wrist band checks".

Also wasn't convinced by the claims in the book that "you cannot take these bands off without scissors". I get the same bands in my gym which I remove daily with my remarkably blunt index finger.

However I did love the fact that the ladies wristbands weren't florescent pink this year!

P&J Cabaret: I felt quite disappointed by this – I’ve seen them at a workshop I attended in Feb in London and felt they were fantastic so was really looking forward to their routines. However as others have said they were all less than a minute long – don’t think they lived up to what they were capable of.

My Friday Night: I went into Ceroc SP stating that I would not compare it to the JA SP and treat it as a whole new weekender where I just happened to know where the loos were. Despite this, some part of me went in thinking “x y and z will be there cause it’s a SP”, and was really thrown when so many of my regular faces were not there. Actually what really threw me was at one point not recognising a single face in the blues room at all! I ended up calling it a night shamefully early (about 3 ish) and sleeping right through. Totally not the fault of anyone other than myself (bad Fi! Must do better at the next one)

The fantastic:

Pretty much everything else!

Classes: I only did one – a WCS one by Brent and Kellese (sp?) which I absolutely loved. It was nice to have one that wasn’t just pitched at the “1 2 3 and 4, 5 and 6” level, but didn’t make me feel like a complete muppet either (well maybe a slight muppet, really do need to start doing some actual classes)

WCS "room" on Sunday: (may have been on Sat and Friday too, but only noticed it on the Sunday). I’m not fussed like some people seem to be about kicking out Westies from the blue room – but I loved being able to have two rooms playing bluesy music at the same time! Whenever I went into the “WCS room” it was full of people dancing both WCS and MJ. It took any congestion out of the blues room and both rooms had a lovely atmosphere.

The music: I'm not a huge music buff, so all I can say is yum!!!!. I love the sets on Saturday and Sunday, and they just created such a gorgeous atmosphere that would be hard to try and describe it well enough other than yum. Really loved Marc's last set on the Sunday, but so many of the other ones were fantastic too (I just didn't notice who was DJing to give props to specific people

The People: Ultiamtely this makes the weekend. Skegness pushed the "luxury accomodation" so much, and yes, while it was nice to be able to shower without a hand round my back to keep the water running, my thoughts ultiamtely are that if the dancing isn't there, I'm not going to go on account of the accomodation/venue etc. Yes it was a different mix of people (some boycotted, others were just weekendered out from Camber the week before etc) but once I got round that, it was just superb. So many fab dancers, so many fab dances with them. I even got over the fact that I wasn't able to live up to my reputation as a massage tart on account of all the fab dancing!

Amount of people there: Additionally (in an odd way) it was quite nice that the place wasn't packed! It was nice not to feel like dancing cattle being herded!

The teachers: Already been said, but the fact that Brent and Kellese stayed till the wee small hours on Sunday I thought was great credit to them. They were a joy to watch in freestyle dancing with "normal" people (I use the term loosely ).

Props/Giggles:
    So many things from this weekend make me smile/laugh looking back on them:

Suzie: Starting the Sat/Sun nights in bed with you seemed to be a good luck token - I'll recommend you to my friends!

Glitter Glitter everywhere: I'm still finding it in the weirdest possible places!

Franck's class: so many laughs in so little time! (I'll need to try and incorporate the 12 o'clock in more of my dancing.) Oh and Riaz - about that photo on Facebook - so glad I'm not planning a career in politics later!

Riaz and Hannah's showcase to me on Sunday night: I don't think I've laughed so hard in ages

The Saturday morning hang out at mine: booby trapping RobD's door while planning a dive bomb dressed as big bird... sleep deprivation has a lot to answer for!!!!

Being "branded" on Saturday night: It's always fun finding red lipstick in random places

I'll have missed stuff out, but finally: Thanks to RobD for teaching me that no smoochy blues dance is complete without the slow mo catapult (followed with man tunnel) and finished off with a dramatic arm jive. (You're inspired mate!)

Commercial Operator

Ok it was a last minute decision to attend Southport and it was one of the best decisions we have made this year. What a weekend. Huge respect to Mike and his incredibly hard working team for making the whole weekend run smoothly.

For me all dance events are about the music and the dancers. Anything else can be forgiven if the music is right and you have the people there to dance with. The music this weekend was superb. All of the DJ's played their hearts out. I didn't hear one duff track (let alone set) all weekend. I wasn't wandering between the rooms to try and find something that I wanted to dance to and I had to force myself to leave the dance floor to get food and sleep. The highlights for me was Rocky's Saturday afternnon S'Funk set. This is what Southport is all about for me. That atmosphere. Everyone just having a wonderful time together. Other highlights were Jon Bakers WCS set late on Sunday night in the smaller room. The party atmosphere was electric and it was wonderful to see Brent and Kellese on the dance floor getting down (and sometimes dirty) with everyone. I adored every set that I heard of Garry Turner's. That man is a DJ God. I adore what he does and look forward to hearing so much more from him. Finally the final set of the weekend was awesome. Marc Forster did what he does best and I loved it. Thank you for playing that last track for me, it meant so much. One day I will actually find out what it's called.

So the music was spot on this weekend so that part of the equation was all good. So what about the dancers? This was going to be the biggie for me. I knew that many people who I love dancing with were not attending this Southport. I was worried that I wouldn't have enough challenging people to dance with and there would be nobody up after 3am. Well I was wrong on both counts!

I met so many new dancers this weekend. Because the usual faces were not there it made room for some new and different faces on the dance floor. There were some people who would never have ventured into the blues room if it was full of all the usual Southport crowd. I had many 'suprising finds' and I loved it. This isn't to say that I didn't miss certain people - I did and if those people can put issues aside and concentrate on the dancing then it would be absolutely perfect in May.

So fabulous music - check. Fabulous dancers - check. Guess that makes my equation work then.

Up until now Brean had been my favourite Ceroc weekender. However now Southport has been catapulted to my number one weekender. See you in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fi View Post
    Thanks to RobD ... finished off with a dramatic arm jive. (You're inspired mate!)
    Yes indeed I am inspired. Inspired by Spice 'n' Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Darcy View Post
    I'm tempted to see about going to the next one, nothing about the event would put me off, it'll just be down to how much spare/holiday time I have.
    May Southport without Mr D? That surely is unthinkable, one shudders to think of all those poor ladies sobbing uncontrollably. Do say you'll be there

Thread Information