Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Blush The Aftermath

Cool Re: Blush The Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    There was a noticeable lack of 'real star' dancers at Cerocport compared to JA
    Can you define what you mean by "real stars" please?
    No? Is that a no you can't, or no you won't? Because I'm thinking you knew what you meant when you said that Gus, please, elaborate your thoughts for us to ensure there's no confusion

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Blush The Aftermath

I guess 'stars' are those that shine on the dancefloor. Stars die though and new ones are born.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    ....by using the phrase 'seem to think' shows that you really aren't very interested in views that don't happen to coincide with your own. What I (or whoever) think is important genuinely is important. To me. As an organiser of course you cannot keep everyone happy and you have to decide which of your customers it is that you wish to keep happy but don't do so on the basis that their concerns or conclusions are invalid..
    Blimey Rob 4 days to pick me up on a comment, you're slacking...

Provided the basics are covered, enjoyment at a weekeender is all to do with your frame of mind - and here people fall into two camps: those that are intent on having a good time and those intent on looking for an excuse not to have a good time. For the latter they will attribute importance to the most trivial detail because it diverts attention from their own short comings and helps them to avoid taking responsibility for their own actions.

As for people's opinions: well it is a fact that the majority view is extremely important and at Blush the majority view was that Ceroc got it right. In particular the majority view was that the music was the best people had heard at the venue. This means that if someone has an alternate view then of course it is important to them, but it is of little importance to the organizer as it goes against what the majority want.

Everyone has the right to an opinion but obviously, as explained above, not all opinions carry the same weight to an organizer. Surely that's just commonsense isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Blimey Rob 4 days to pick me up on a comment, you're slacking...
    I'm just not sufficiently French to take my laptop and mobile broadband away on weekenders with me

I agree that it is definitely the people that make a weekender but I am not too sure that people try to make the evidence fit the crime, so to speak if they have had a bad time at a weekender.

Ulitmately, it's probably the case that all these aftermath threads are taken a little bit too seriously by some people. Dancers still have the ability to vote with their wallets if they really are unhappy with weekender x,y or z.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    No? Is that a no you can't, or no you won't? Because I'm thinking you knew what you meant when you said that Gus, please, elaborate your thoughts for us to ensure there's no confusion
    I'm sure thats personal opinion. i remember when Johnah announced they were going to have Jordan and Tatiana at Southport for the very first time it was a real case of "wow, stars", perhaps Blush did not have people as recognisable? I can't comment, as I have not heard of any of them

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Provided the basics are covered, enjoyment at a weekeender is all to do with your frame of mind - and here people fall into two camps: those that are intent on having a good time and those intent on looking for an excuse not to have a good time.
    I've not been following all of this - but are there really people who go on a weekender 'intent on looking for an excuse not to have a good time'? What misery guts!

I always go to a weekender with the attitude of having the best time I can. Maybe I'm occasionally disappointed with accomodation/classes/venues/music etc - but I've just accepted nothing is perfect and still had a wonderful time.

Never been disappointed with the people though.

Talking Re: Blush The Aftermath

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

Brent and I wanted to come out here and and thank Ceroc personally for the most amazing weekend EVER!!!!

THE PEOPLE: All of the people were absolutely wonderful!!! Everyone was so friendly and open armed... "Thank you So Much"...

THE MUSIC: Outstanding... simply OVER THE TOP!!! We have NEVER been to an event where the music was phenomenal all weekend.. much less in every room... simply AMAZING!!! We begged Rocky to burn us a couple of CD's before we left... Thank you Rocky soooo much!

THE VENUE: Well, Dave and Princess Valerina prepared us for the rechit (sp?) accommodations... we were honestly quite scared but then again, really don't care... so when we get there, we were shocked, in a good way... we loved it.. we had a full kitchen!!!... AWESOME... two bedroom... it was great... Then to top it off, we had our new London BFF's NEXT DOOR!!! It couldn't have been better...

THE BLUSH WEEKENDER: ALL WE CAN SAY IS UNFORGETTABLE, BRILLIANT, PERFECT WEEKEND.... I wish we had more of these in the States... We could NOT BELIEVE that you get a weekend like that with room and all for the price you do... AMAZING!!! Dave and Val you made that weekend and our stay the most fantastic, wonderful, memorable, BEST FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE out of the States and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts...

To our new UK Friends: Dave and Valerina, Franck, Sheena, Richard, Jo, Warren, Nath, Esse, Zoe, Emma-Jane, Timmie, James, Pamela, Jamie, Claudia, Mel, Ben, Joe, The Silver Fox, Toni, Lorraine, Rachel, Mark, Sarah, Dale, Becky, Bill, Mazz, Emilia, Eon, Jill David, Lilly and I know there are many more... I am just trying to recall all of the names... smiles... "THANK YOU FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP AND FOR THE BEST TIME OF OUR LIVES".... WE ARE SO HAPPY TO HAVE MET YOU!!!!

We hope to be back VERY SOON!!!! We are praying to have the money to jump in and surprise Dave and Val in June for their Utopia event... sounds amazing... Good LUCK Dave and Val!!! We love you LOTS!!!

Cheers to the UK and the BLUSH weekender!!!! BRILLIANT!!!!!

So Sincerely, Brent & Kellese Key

Thumbs up Re: Blush The Aftermath

and one more thing... smiles...

THE DANCING: WOW!!! We truly had the BEST time dancing with everyone!! We love the Modern Jive.. such a friendly dance and so FUN!!! Thank you to everyone who danced with us... we will never forget it... such GREAT dancing in the UK!!! WOW!!!

A personal and respectful thank you to Dave for the dirtiest, clean dirty dancing of my life... hahahahaha... WOW!!! I told Valerina and Brent... "good grief, I have never had such a dirty dance, cleanly in my life... hahahaha

AMAZING!!! UNFORGETTABLE...

We love you Dave and Val... your turn to come stay with US!!! xooxxoo

~Kellese

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kellese Key View Post

THE BLUSH WEEKENDER: ALL WE CAN SAY IS UNFORGETTABLE, BRILLIANT, PERFECT WEEKEND
    Thank you, you made us all have fun and I think you just got back, what you both put in!

Lorraine xx (these forum names do get confusing)
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

Brent and I wanted to come out here and and thank Ceroc personally for the most amazing weekend EVER!!!!

(lots of other lovely stuff)

What a lovely post!

...I told Valerina and Brent... "good grief, I have never had such a dirty dance, cleanly in my life... hahahaha ~Kellese
    I think what you actually said was, 'Dave's just dirty danced the sh1t out of me and yet I don't feel at all violated!'

Those of you debating what 'Advanced Blues' is on another thread, please take note..

We love you guys too and can't for the next time we can all party together.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellese Key
    HEY EVERYONE!!!!!

(lots of other lovely stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Leader
    What a lovely post!
    Totally agree

Totally gutted not to have met them

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Thread Information