Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dancing or Dating?

Re: Dancing or Dating?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier

to everything above.

I admit that I probably dance far too UCP for anyone not into Blues...

One thing is that I know that several of the dancers with whom I have some of my most connected Blues dances are definitely happily married or dating. I have no issue with this (and I'm definitely not chasing them, or intending to) and as long as we all understand the rule: What goes on on the dance floor, stays on the dance floor.... everything is fine..

I have also come to classes and parties with male friends a couple of times, and am definitely not attached, either to them or a non dancer, so approaching/asking when I am off the floor is by far the best method..

u-dancing - I read with interest the link you sent us to... I sincerely admire your courage in getting this far. I hope you have the strength and courage to become the best dancer that you can be

I know that I am nowhere like in the same league as you, but before I joined the CEROC scene I was definitely more of an introvert than extrovert in most of my daily life... All I can say is that Dancing has brought out the flirt in me...For which I apologise not a jot

Cheers Whitetiger

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I don't know whats happend, but trust me, if its the same pearson leave well alone your worth more.
    No it isn't.

[on relationships with non dancers]what would be the point you wouldn't see them much
    Not really true - I'm marreid to a non dancer and see him pretty much every day. It may be different for people in London who have the option of feeding their dance habit 7 days a week if they wanted, but for me, with the exception of weekender weekends, I see him 6 days a week.

On the overall subject of Dance relationships, I'm with HelenB (wait, that's how rumours get started - oh you know what I mean!)

I can't imagine ever being involved with a dancer - I like the idea that dancing is a "me" thing, and that him and I have different interests. I wouldn't want us to spend our marriage in each other's pockets, and the seperate interests thing is indicative of this.

That being said I know it works for others out there - if nothing else, they always know they've got someone for that last blues dance of the night! (*sniff* not that I'm bitter about that or antyhing!)

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Fi View Post
    Not really true - I'm marreid to a non dancer and see him pretty much every day. It may be different for people in London who have the option of feeding their dance habit 7 days a week if they wanted, but for me, with the exception of weekender weekends, I see him 6 days a week.

That being said I know it works for others out there - if nothing else, they always know they've got someone for that last blues dance of the night! (*sniff* not that I'm bitter about that or antyhing!)
    I am a similar position as I am married to a non dancer who hates dancing with a passion and although it would be nice to have your own dance partner to fall back on, the truth is I do love having something that is only for me (very selfish I know).

I do live in London so could quite easily dance every night if I wanted to but tend to limit myself to 3 nights a week. My husband also goes out as he sings in clubs, sometimes on nights when I’m home but it works for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    I am married to a non dancer who hates dancing with a passion
    Ah that sounds familiar

People have asked me in the past "does you husband not mind you going off to go dancing with other men?" I knew the answer was no, but I thought I would ask him one day so I could quote the official party line.

So when I asked him "do you not mind me going off dancing with other men" he replied...

"No cause it means I don't have to dance with you"

Any they say romance is dead.

... if nothing else, they always know they've got someone for that last blues dance of the night! (*sniff* not that I'm bitter about that or anything!)
    You'd never be left at the sidelines

Anyway, next time we're in the same venue ...

So when I asked him "do you not mind me going off dancing with other men" he replied...

Priceless!

flip me I better get in quick before KPS's finger is snaped up by the Scotish
    Fletch I didn't know you felt that way

I was allways told by people who have issues 'don't watch' i'v only dated one dancer and I neaver watched him, mainly cos I was to busy dancing my self.

Watching a partner dancing and having 'that' dance makes you feel....they don't look like that when dancing with me, I don't make them feel like that, his moves are better than mine, she like dacning with him more than me....its endless..........don't worry it wont happen to us
    I guess I can see that point of view, personally it really wouldn't bother me... if someone one can make her look amazing on the floor and give her a better dance than me I'd be proud to watch... even in the blues room.

Quote Originally Posted by gamebird View Post
    Yep, dating dancers if fine - it's when you're not dating them anymore that things can get a bit uncomfortable
    yeah that would worry me more.

Quote Originally Posted by gamebird View Post
    Yep, dating dancers if fine - it's when you're not dating them anymore that things can get a bit uncomfortable
    A bit uncomfortable? more like a nightmare! Has happened twice to me in last 5years both times very painful. Dating a non dancer now but so miss those special dances

Quote Originally Posted by kps View Post
    Fletch I didn't know you felt that way

People have asked me in the past "does you husband not mind you going off to go dancing with other men?" I knew the answer was no,
    My husband is often asked this by non dancing friends (who think I should be tied to the home or perhaps join a knitting circle )....but his answer is much the same....as long as he doesn't have to suffer it he is quite happy........
    Last edited by Jay Jay; 25th-March-2009 at 04:17 PM.

I think that when it comes to doing things wrong, feelings of rejection, etc, you just have to tell yourself that everyone does things wrong everyday, everyone does things that could be misinterpreted everyday, at times people will do things that make them stand out, etc... IMO you therefore just have to accept that, even with the best will in the world, today you will do something wrong, say something that could be misinterpreted, etc. The more your mind is pre-occupied with other things then the more you will make mistakes so its best not to worry about things too much. This is a lot easier said than done though
    Last edited by Jhutch; 7th-April-2009 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhutch View Post
    I think that when it comes to doing things wrong, feelings of rejection, etc, you just have to tell yourself that everyone does things wrong everyday, everyone does things that could be misinterpreted everyday, at times people will do things that make them stand out, etc... IMO you therefore just have to accept that, even with the best will in the world, today you will do something wrong, say something that could be misinterpreted, etc. The more your mind is pre-occupied with other things then the more you will make mistakes so its best not to worry about things too much. This is a lot easier said than done though
    Hello, first off i would like to thank everyone sent messages of support.

In ref to this post, all of what you said is correct and that just what someone with SA will think, they will know what they feel and do is not rational and that is part of what makes up SA, the hard part is re-wiring the brain to accept these.

I met my bloke through dancing and can safely say that I don't think I gave him any signals at all whilst dancing and he didn't give me any either. I'm inclined to think that what happens on the dancefloor is just dancing, otherwise I'd be a very jealous and upset girly when my man dances with other ladies, particularly blues. I'll have to improve my dancing a lot before he gets jealous of me dancing with other blokes!!!

The 'signals' were definitely given in other ways, such as, how often he asked me to dance, how much he smiled when he saw me at a venue (a big beaming smile on first sighting followed by coming to find me for a chat was a little bit of a sign that he may be a little bit interested!!), talking to one another after the dance / in between dances. That and some help from Facebook's 'Are you interested?' managed to see us happily paired!!!

H x

Ah that sounds familiar

People have asked me in the past "does you husband not mind you going off to go dancing with other men?" I knew the answer was no, but I thought I would ask him one day so I could quote the official party line.

EXACTLY what my hubby says...!

Thread Information