View Poll Results: Take me to your leader....

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a woman and I enjoy dancing with a female lead.

29 28.71%
  • I am a woman and I don't mind dancing with a female lead if there aren't any available men.

18 17.82%
  • I am a woman and I don't like dancing with a female lead.

8 7.92%
  • I am a man - women leading is fine by me!

39 38.61%
  • I am a man and I don't mind women leading if there aren't any available men.

7 6.93%
  • I am a man and I don't think women should lead.

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women Dancing as Men

Originally posted by michael
    Present Status=Beginner /improver status...............No fear now of making a complete fool of myself...............................
    Ah yes, those were the days...

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This is very interesting for me, as on Friday I did the beginners class as a man for the first time (due to the fact it was a small class and 10 women over) I couldn't face standing around...

I learnt a lot and a lot about me too!

1. I've realised that as a woman I hardly ever listen to what the teachers saying. I watch the female demo, for foot positioning and arm style but that's about it.
    I'm still not convinced this is a bad thing as, re point no 2!

During this lesson my brain was aching from having to take it all in!

2. Lot's of the women fought me, they watched, then 'thought' they knew where to go, therefore making it impossible for me to lead

3. I've never been confused about my left and right in my life before that night!

4. I felt much more pressure to get it right as a man

5. I inadvertently grabbed a woman's bum (instead of her hip) if I was a man she might have slapped me!

6. my brain hit a blank when the teacher said, 'OK, let's put all four moves together' arghhhhhhhhh

I can't say I really enjoyed it but it was a good experience! And I appreciate men much more now!

I'll just add, I don't feel uncomfortable being lead by a woman and I've had many a good giggle doing this!
    But given the choice, give me a man any day!

MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

What happen to the thread I started on this ? oh well I don't want any glory

Anyway my poll was asking 3 women who don't like it. Not saying they hate etc. One said she didn't like the females 'soft hands etc'
    Anyway the pole should tell us something

I also think when you have loads more women not a bad thing but I have seen female taxi dancers taking the role of a man when there are loads more men now that is not fair on the men or women.

Seem more women dancing as men 'nowdays' maybe we will have men dancing as women in the furture ?

The Oracle
    Originally posted by stewart38
    Anyway the pole should tell us something
    jestem cz³owiekiem. JA jestem szczêœliwe kiedy kobiety prowadz¹ taniec!

Originally posted by DavidB
    Ok.. i confess... i have not got a clue what that means ? Clue me in david.....

Totem, you dope...

Originally posted by ChrisA
    Totem, you dope...

thanks chris.. bar stuard

The Oracle
    Originally posted by Mikey
    Ok.. i confess... i have not got a clue what that means ? Clue me in david
    "I am a man. I am happy when a woman leads a dance".

Of course I can speak fluent Polish, and didn't have to resort to any online Polish translation website

"I am a man. I am happy when a woman leads a dance".

Of course I can speak fluent Polish, and didn't have to resort to any online Polish translation website
    Well thankyou david Chris was less help picking on my lack of knowledge.. i will have revenge though.. i shall send in a strong woman to put him in a seducer.. oh hang on.. no.. thats good..mmm oh hell.. i'll think of something...

Hang on.. i got it... Chris in a seducer, via a lovely girlie and then Andy Magregor in his kilt can "tea Bag" him.. DON@T ASK !!!

It's Pole-ish chuck.

Yep, I'm a taxi and I'm expected to be able to lead all the beginners moves at least. I was never that comfortable about dancing with another woman, as a leader or a follower, but I am getting used to it. I quite often like to try leading a man - some men are crap followers!! Tony is much better at following now, and it helps me to become more precise and positive in my lead. (He hates following BTW, and gets quite grumpy)

I still find leading freestyle very scarey, but I'm getting quite into now, and try to practise for fun with a couple of women I know quite well, and it's quite a laugh - especially when we swap roles.

M

Glad you liked it, but I was being rude to David, not to you

Oh gosh, it looks like I'm a bit slow getting my replies in.

Hey, ChrisA I'll put you in a seducer.

M

M [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks mary.. now what was the other bit of the plan again.. kilt, andy.. ....

The Oracle
    Originally posted by ChrisA
    but I was being rude to David, not to you

Originally posted by Mary
    Oh gosh, it looks like I'm a bit slow getting my replies in.
    Yeah, but you've worked out how to use the edit button very nicely.

Yes please

Who did you have in mind ??

Blog Entries

I'm quite happy to dance with men, women, smurfs, or whomsoever asks!
    I've been dancing as lead in several classes for a while now, and I have had absolutely no one object to it at all. In fact I regularly have ladies asking me to dance :sorry And most people, including the teachers, appreciate it when there's a shortage of men. And if more men arrive, I simply go back to dancing the lady's part.

And, Stewart, I am absolutely comfortable with my heterosexuality!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    As a taxi-dancer I regularly dance as a man and I've never yet had any of the women I've had to partner complain about it (to my knowledge at least ). In fact when I dance the lead in the intemediate class some of the women seem absolutely delighted to end up dancing with me. I think a lot of that is down to the "using their strength" aspect of some of the newer intermediate male dancers. Being a woman and knowing how it feels to be wrenched into some moves makes me less likely to do that type of thing as a leader - I hope anyway *fingers crossed*

I did the beginner's plus workshop on Saturday as a man and it was great! I would definitely recommend it.

I also dance the lead in freestyle, maybe only once or twice in an evening though - and not always just because there isn't an available man. I've had some fab dances with Heather, Linda, Lorna, Wendy and Sandy to name but a few. And have had a great dance or ten with Lorna when she's been leading. Only thing is, I don't do it often enough so my repertoire of moves is limited IMHO

I do think it would be very helpful if the guys danced the follower's part every now and then. Especially those guys who make you do twenty spins in a row or the ones who insist on doing drops on a busy dance floor - they might get the idea when it's their head that's an inch away from someone else's feet.

I've danced the lead a few times with Bill, Dave H, Trampy and Gadget (once )

And I don't pretend to be a man when I'm leading - I'm still very much a girl
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

I taxi in both Dundee and Perth and more often than not I have to dance as a man for the classes and when we do our taxi bit during the intermediate class.

I don't have a problem with that and the feedback from the women has always been very positive.

If there's a shortage of men for the freestyle, rather than leave some ladies sitting out I ask them to dance and again the response is positive. Who wouldn't rather dance than sit out any way???

And finally just to prove there are no gender issues in Ceroc

I was at a party in Guilford a while back. Arrived for the fun class where there was a lack of men, after several moves round, the teacher suddenly pointed to me from the stage and told me to dance as a man!!!
    I did as I was told, as after all I am the quiet one!!!!!! and so I finished the class dancing a man.
    What I hadn't realised was that as part of the 'party' night they were giving out prizes for the best lady and the best man.......Yes, I won the prize for the best man

Linda

Blog Entries
    on the hol I had two or three with Lorna and while she was leading (of course) we were both VERY MUCH dancing as girls and it actually felt rather nice, in an aftermidnight, warm night with Baileys kinda way............

I think there are many men who would benifit from the experience of been led by a woman..
    Totally agree with you on this. My dancing has improved especially my spinning!. But it's taught me whats nice to do to a lady and what to avoid.

I've even been seduced in a church on the carpet in front of 100 people but thats all I'm saying

Thread Information