Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Storm, Camber Mar09 - the aftermath

Re: Storm, Camber Mar09 - the aftermath

Well pips me and the Batgirl had an outstanding time, truly outstanding. The music in the blues room was magnificent. In no particular order, Dale, Silver Fox, Rocky and Val, Mark and Rachael, Locoman, bit of a God is Loco, Oxo and Zebra Woman was superb, if I missed anyone sorry, but I enjoyed every minute of the music in BOTH ROOMS all weekend.

Batgirl and I were going to a couple of lessons but got waylaid by all of the freestyle music and just danced until we could not walk. Not a negative comment about the whole weekend.

If this is the formula that Mike Ellard and Dave Bradley are going to apply to Southport next weekend it will be blinding. I did not have a dance less than spectacular all weekend in either of the rooms. I must mention the temporary flooring laid down by Ceroc...It was the better than the main dance floors, it was brilliant. There were loads of crew making sure everything flowed like liquid chocolate.

All weekender's are what you personaly make it, and I for one will officially throw my hat into the Ceroc ring and say, I am your's lock stock and barrell. It was a magnificent weekend with everything I could have hoped for and more.

Well done to all of the crew involved you were brilliant. I am not going to mention individuals by name, but every dance was superb. Keep to the formula Ceroc because it WORKS. May post more later when I have slept for the next 4 years.

MAGNIFICENT WEEKEND.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Well pips me and the Batgirl had an outstanding time, truly outstanding. The music in the blues room was magnificent. In no particular order, Dale, Silver Fox, Rocky and Val, Mark and Rachael, Locoman, bit of a God is Loco, Oxo and Zebra Woman was superb, if I missed anyone sorry, but I enjoyed every minute of the music in BOTH ROOMS all weekend.

Batgirl and I were going to a couple of lessons but got waylaid by all of the freestyle music and just danced until we could not walk. Not a negative comment about the whole weekend.

If this is the formula that Mike Ellard and Dave Bradley are going to apply to Southport next weekend it will be blinding. I did not have a dance less than spectacular all weekend in either of the rooms. I must mention the temporary flooring laid down by Ceroc...It was the better than the main dance floors, it was brilliant. There were loads of crew making sure everything flowed like liquid chocolate.

All weekender's are what you personaly make it, and I for one will officially throw my hat into the Ceroc ring and say, I am your's lock stock and barrell. It was a magnificent weekend with everything I could have hoped for and more.

Well done to all of the crew involved you were brilliant. I am not going to mention individuals by name, but ever dance was superb. Keep to the formula Ceroc because it WORKS. May post more later when I have slept for the next 4 years.

MAGNIFICENT WEEKEND.

DTS XXX XXX

all the above and more.

far too tired to be coherent.

rachel
    x

p.s. Miguel was my best dance of the weekend!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post

in fact, I thought the weekend had a very intimate and friendly feel to it
    Great feel - Well put Lory.

xxxx xxxx

Miguel is a sex and dance God of biblical proportions and a very attractive man to boot. He is nearly as tall as me you know.

DTS XXX XXX

Having had a long soak in a lovely hot bath and winding down for an early night am ready to write my take on the weekend.
    I thought there was a great vibe instantly from the minute we got there it was buzzing and didn't need that 'getting in to it' feeling.

I did miss a few of the faces I normally get to see but having said that there were more than a fair share to keep me on my feet

There wasn’t the problem with the ‘seeping’ water machines (thank goodness) like there was at Breeze, not sure about the main room, but for whatever reason they weren’t located in the hall, they were outside by the pub entrance which was a bit of a nuisance and maybe a little bit picky of me.

The Blues room was sensational. The talk of WCS’ers and MJ’ers not being able to share the same floor was proved wrong, in fact adding Tango dancers in to the mix as well didn’t seem to cause any problem whatsoever actually whilst sitting out for a while it was nice to see all the different styles going on. It was a lovely friendly and social atmosphere with everyone having a real ‘good time feel‘ about it.

Zebra Womans impromptu set in the Blues room on Sunday afternoon was absolutely fabulous and no way would I have believed it was still day light outside. It was followed by another great set from her in the pub which got the programmed ‘Kareoke’ session cancelled because it was so ’banged out’.

Unexpected pleasures for me were:-
    1.That our chalet was on the doorstep of the main building.
    2.Finally meeting and dancing with Under Par, Lee Bartholomew, The Librarian and Taz’s nephew who I had some amazing dances with and couldn’t believe he had only been dancing six weeks.
    3.Meeting and chatting to Twirly and Raphaels other half, what lovely people.
    4.The shop having loads of new stock but it did make me spend more than anticipated.
    5.Marc and Rachel for the extra Milonga squeezed in on Saturday and with coffee and biscuits thrown in...nice touch
    6.Proving that 4 women sharing doesn’t have to be grief...thank you Maxine, Sunnybunny and Bibi.

All in all another weekend full of things for the ' happy memories' box
    Last edited by Jay Jay; 9th-March-2009 at 07:12 PM.

I personally think the review of the event should be directly proportional to the amount of dancing you did over the weekender. So here is my review of the weekend.

"It was."

seriously though.

The Good
    it was fun. I really enjoyed Val and Rocky's blues class (one of the few classes Twirly and I did together)

It was lovely dancing with all those I did manage to dance with. My dances with Maxine, Fletch , Minnie M, Batgirl and of course Twirly were all great fun.

The Bad.
    Freezing my Wolfish Tail off in the chalet !! it was like an Ice box and the meter seemed to be gobbling up the power cards.

The Worse.
    Sadly.. the force wasn't with me, I'd lost my mojo, I couldn't enter the matrix and must have been wearing my kryptonite dance shoes as I couldn't really get "the mood" Through no fault of the DJ's or organisers I couldn't really get motivated to get up and dance.

I didn't even bother going on the Sunday night. I'm just not cut out for these intensive dance events and think this will be my last weekender.

The Totally Irrelevant.
    Rye is a nice place Twirly and I had an excellent Tea and Cake in a little cafe up by the church. Wish I'd spent more time in Rye itself but was a very lovely scenic town and a great place to go when we were not dancing.

The butt clenchingly funny highlight of the weekend.
    Watching DTS and his doubl.. no.. trip.. no.. quadru.. erm.. quintuple trouble
    I use the term butt clenching in honour of DTS's other antics over the weekend. Hope my glutes were up to scratch sir

Woolfy change your avatar picture you are a handsome man in the flesh, you sir have an ar*e like a Japanese Whaler.

Ps Twirly is a magnificent dancer sir. She got me HOT!!!!!!!

DTS XXX XX

Bugger just checked your photo....It is you in all of your handsomness mate, with a babe next to you.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    Will do a little review later but WOW I had a wonderful weekend

Will do a little review later but WOW I had a wonderful weekend

when I get to work and it has quietened down a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post

It was lovely dancing with all those I did manage to dance with. My dances with Maxine, Fletch , Minnie M, Batgirl and of course Twirly were all great fun.
    Sorry I forgot to mention that it was good to meet you at last and thanks for the dances, they were good fun.

In short - another lovely weekender
    Good: My chalet share girls were fab, not a squibble between 3 of us after we settled down. My thanks go to Diane for jumping up and down in the play area, and generally being completely silly with my sweetums, whilst I was practicing for the cabaret.
    Friday and Sunday night were my best, had me going till gone 5am.
    Thanks Tanjive for lovely dances - hope to dance with you again soon, Roger - fab as always, DTS - loved the impromptu lapdance and the tag dance was smoooooooooth - thanks...
    Bad: The chalet was bloody freezing, and we spent an extortionate amount of money on electricity
    Indifferent: Saturday night just couldn't muster the enthusiasm for the music in either of the rooms. Downstairs got me bored within 15 mins, so I left at about 3am. Also was tired after cabaret - but was fun.
    All in, not the absolute best one, but certainly is up there with all the other good ones

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I've never left early from a weekender before but due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to but in saying that, I was chatting to a couple of friends today, who said it was dramatically quieter on Sunday night...

Now, I know I'm noisy but surely I couldn't have made that much difference

So, it would appear that although people doing more weekends, quite a lot arrive late and go early..

I wonder if this will be the norm from now on?
    Quieter compared to anything other than Saturday ?

Generally I reckon the biggest factor is how local people are (and most people at Camber are relatively local).

Far too tired to review right now after the heartache and then healing this weekend (thanks for all of you to helped in the latter for me, you are true friends ) plus 5 hour journey back to Wilts....

More tomorrow when I have caught up on sleep Lets just say a truly magical weekend when wonderful people really can make a difference to your life....

Have to agree with the other comments that this was a great Camber weekender. Some of the highlights for me were the Saturday and Sunday mid-day freestyles, both upstairs and down, and Saturday night in the COZ - loads of great tunes and dancers. So nice to see Fletch again (after several months) and reconnect with this lovely lady. Also thanks for the WCS lesson - you're absolutely right Fletch, it's never been "step, step, giggle step, giggle step".

Zebra Womans impromptu set in the Blues room on Sunday afternoon was absolutely fabulous and no way would I have believed it was still day light outside.
    One of the best sets of the weekend and 10 out of 10 for the hats.

Roll On Southport

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    So nice to see Fletch again (after several months) and reconnect: with this lovely lady. Also thanks for the WCS lesson - you're absolutely right Fletch, it's never been "step, step, giggle step, giggle step".:

One of the best sets of the weekend and 10 out of 10 for the hats.

Roll On Southport
    You can't keep a good woman down, even the best of us have to come up for air at some point

I have to say I was gutted after one of our dances, I was giving it all I had and the lads came out from behind the bar with a pair of step ladders, I thought ...heyyyy i'v cracked it! them ladders are for me, to help me 'step up to WCS' they had gone again before the end of the track, boooohoooo

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Warminster View Post
    Far too tired to review right now after the heartache and then healing this weekend (thanks for all of you to helped in the latter for me, you are true friends plus 5 hour journey back to Wilts....
    on ward and up ward.

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    ar*e like a Japanese Whaler.

had do you know

and whats this about 'licking mens heads while your dancing? thats a new one'?

you were looking very suspect when you sculked out of the back room in the early hours of the morning, with...........'i'm not one to gossip
    Quote Originally Posted by Batgirl View Post

p.s. Miguel was my best dance of the weekend!!!::

but i'm not say why he was mine

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    and whats this about 'licking mens heads while your dancing? thats a new one'?
    U wouldn't normally have to wash my hair after a dance.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Just a quick post to reiterate everyone elses posts.
    I had a fab weekend.

Nothing bad to report but have a few mentions, if i miss anything out i'm sorry!

Discussions at dinner on Friday night with Kps, Raph and Janet especially the one about the incredible hulk!

Dancing DT and Tag with Raph, Janet and Steve among others on friday after noon.

Dancing in the blues room in the afternoons!

Dancing with lucky and meeting and dancing with rhoni. It was lovely to meet rhoni, she is such a lovely dancer and person and lots of fun too!

Rachel for playing my request on sunday night! (rachel is a fab dj who is constantly reading the room, cant wait to dance to more sets from this lovely lady!)

Raph for our wonderful dances all weekend and my two fave dances on sunday evening!

Fab weekend people! Cant wait to see a lot of you at Southport! BRING IT ON BABY!!!!!

At work now and feeling shattered.

Generally we had a fab time.
    We both felt that every night we had enough of the main room by 2300ish and made our way downstairs for the rest of our dancing. Some of this was down to the music ... kept hearing tracks we always hear at our local venues...on closer inspection of the stage and decks ....it was our local DJ on there..aaaaghhhhh.

Loved downstairs and had some brill dances.
    Lucille would like to pass on special thanks to Martin (martingold), Paul (underpar) and especially Lee Bartholomew whom she really had 2 lovely dances to quite challenging tracks on Sunday Night. Thanks guys - you made her weekend.

Fletch...we never got that dance.
    We are going to make more of an effort to back into the swing of things and do more Fri/sat night freestyles around the country so hope to catch up with you all soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Bartholomew View Post
    U wouldn't normally have to wash my hair after a dance.

I just wish I seen it

Thread Information