Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Storm, Camber Mar09 - the aftermath

Re: Storm, Camber Mar09 - the aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I just wish I seen it

Twirly was telling me on another of DTS's personal moves.. the so called "Scratch and Sniff" move

Apparently it involved DTS leading Twirly so he had both of her hands above here head in one of his hands.. .. then with his spare hand scratching her armpit and smelling his fingers

You're a sick puppy Mr Scaffolder

Hold on there now Woolfy my man, allow me to splain the move to you.

What I do is get the woman locked with both hands above her head, then get her wriggling all lovely like. In the middle of the lovely wriggle I tickle her armpit and she collapses in a giggling heap, works everytime like magic.

When I did it to Twirly she said "me arpit is all sweaty." So I just run a little smell test to make sure. She smelt lovely she did. She still collapsed in a fit of giggles. There are only a few women on the circuit who have no feeling in their armpits and just look at me like I am weird or something.

Hope that clears it all up for you pips.

DTS XXX XXXX

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    What I do is get the woman locked with both hands above her head, then get her wriggling all lovely like. In the middle of the lovely wriggle I tickle her armpit and she collapses in a giggling heap, works everytime like magic.
    Please don't do it to me I'm likely to wet myself!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Please don't do it to me I'm likely to wet myself!
    Sweetie you know me. Would I do anything out of the ordinary in a dance?

I think not.

A wriggling, giggling, pants wetting Lory. Oh dear I may be in for a slapping next time we dance baby.

DTS XXX XX

Journey

The Journey for me was completely straightforward just the usual dartford tunnel hold up
    Picking up KPS on the way through was a great decision it was nice to have a good friends company en route

Accommodation

• Cleanliness Chalet was a club class very clean (for pontins standard)

• Hot water The hot water heater was just enough to fill a washing up bowl (wheres the dishwasher when you need one)
    • Being a club chalet we did have an electric shower which although wasnt a power shower did the job ok

• Cooking facilities The cooker was a bit old and electric but seemed to be ok (Kel cooked us some lovely meals on it)

• Distance from your accommodation to the venue? We were extremely lucky here only just down the stairs at the other end of the balcony across the road and straight into the blues room entrance

made better by sharing with Kel Warminster (great roomie)

Venues
    • Distance between venues and was this an issue? The blues room was situated directly below the main room so no distance at all there
      the hurricane shelter (used for the one lesson we attended) was a short walk down the road outside

• Heat - fans - air-con etc Main room was far to warm for me however since i almost lived in the blues room apart from the sat caberet one set by Bruce and one by Marie Delore this didnt matter
      I found the blues room to be perfect temperature however most of the ladies were complaining that it was too cold whether this was due to a lack of men to dance with or the backless dresses etc that they were wearing i am not too sure

• Bars - efficiency and prices As i rarely drink anything more than water when dancing i only went to the blues room bar twice both times served quickly and the drinks were not expensive

• Seating Plenty of seating in the blues room with round tables I could always find somewhere to sit even when the room was full

• Atmosphere? I think the room was set up by Marc and Rachel do i need to say more?

Restaurants

• Quality Only actually eat my daily fried breakfast in here i would say typical food for this type of place it was hot and tastey enough to keep me going for the whole day

• Prices for one massive fry up (ask gorgeous dancer) and one smaller one (for barbs) two coffees whole lot came to about £11

• efficiency Very efficient if we have fried eggs we like them runny and fresh they sorted out some fresh ones for us and bought the whole meal to our table (with a smile) in about 4 minutes from asking
      This was so much better than brean sands last oct

Other facilities
    Dont know didnt use any of them

the good the bad and the Ugly of the...

Music - Dj's This is completely subjective so i will give my own personal opinion
    All the djs worked extremely hard i didnt always like the music in the C.O.Z. but since the djs changed every hour this is not a real problem (you cant be expected to please all the people all the time can you)
    My particular favourites were OXO who did a couple of awesome sets, Marc and Rachel who never fail to please me and i have to say a special thanks to my good friend Marie Delore who made her debut as a weekender dj playing a stonking set in the main room sat night (the only one i was in there for) also kept me dancing for most of her set in the blues room early sunday eve (i know i am a fan of hers this didnt make any difference she was great )

Workshops Only did one workshop which was Micro Blues masterclass by Lucky and Rohni
    Only one word for it WOW

and any other incidentals.

Personally i would like to hear more blues in the COZ but again this is only my taste

Forum meets etc
    IMHO this didnt really happen in the form however most forumites who attended storm were there at one time or other throughout the weekend
    Was good to meet Beowolf at last and Taz (i know now how she got her name)

Any complaints?
    Nope apart from the fact that a day needs more than 24 hours in it so i can have more than 8 hrs sleep in a 72 hour period

In conclusion
    This weekend was kick started with a great set in the bar by paul (Ross i think) early friday evening and finished 6:30 am on monday morning after a typical sublime marc forster hour or so in the COZ
    It was great to have a chilled breakfast with DTS, Batgirl, Drathzel and of course KPS on monday morning before the drive back
    I made some more good friends and had some wonderful dances what more could be asked of from a cheap hardcore dance weekender

Special thanks go to

Kel Warminster who was a great roomie

DTS and Mac for the ladder dance

DTS (again) and Lee for the head licking incident which will live in my mind for a while to come
    And of course the ceroc escape team for a great time away

Best time of the weekend is hard to say but the mass tag in the blues room sunday eve where over 24 people were playing to 7 tracks is hard to beat for me

Thanks once again one and all

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Rye is a nice place Twirly and I had an excellent Tea and Cake in a little cafe up by the church. Wish I'd spent more time in Rye itself but was a very lovely scenic town and a great place to go when we were not dancing.
    If you go to the top of the church tower, there's a magnificent view.

The Totally Irrelevant.
    Rye is a nice place Twirly and I had an excellent Tea and Cake in a little cafe up by the church. Wish I'd spent more time in Rye itself but was a very lovely scenic town and a great place to go when we were not dancing.

:
    wasn't it aptly named

Twirly was telling me on another of DTS's personal moves.. the so called "Scratch and Sniff" move

Apparently it involved DTS leading Twirly so he had both of her hands above here head in one of his hands.. .. then with his spare hand scratching her armpit and smelling his fingers

You're a sick puppy Mr Scaffolder
    ....and that was one of his milder moves DTS you are one on your own

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    ....and that was one of his milder moves DTS you are one on your own
    i thought the lee headlick was quite a good move needs to go the official list i recon

Bit of a mixed one for me.

It was lovely having Beo with me at Camber for once, despite his limited time on the dance floor. And it was lovely seeing folks and chatting.

But my dodgy foot was giving me gyp again, my dancing simply wasn’t up to scratch, and I was wobbling all over the place – apologies to anyone I yanked, stood on or otherwise abused over the weekend Needless to say, I wasn’t feeling my most confident as a result, so didn’t ask for dances as much as I maybe should have, so spent a lot of time sitting out. Which wasn’t much fun in the blues room, as it was so bl00dy cold! Why was it so cold? Saturday night I left a lot earlier than I normally would due to being frozen, and although I lasted a bit longer on Sunday night, it was only because I was dancing with my cardie on

Chalet was the same – took till Sunday for it to warm up and as Beo said, spent a fortune on electricity. Yet the weather outside was mostly OK, and I’m sure it’s been colder on other weekends that I’ve been down there.

Saturday afternoon with Beo in Rye was lovely with tea and cake and jewellery shopping. And Fletch has been holding out on us as to how much time she really spends down there... (photo to follow)

I also learnt something… men don’t read body language! Sunday night, I had a couple of dances downstairs, then decided I needed to warm up so popped upstairs. Stood on the edge of the dancefloor for about 3 tracks waiting to be asked/looking for someone to ask (confidence issues again). Then Candyman came on and as I find that far too fast, I retreated to a seat and adopted my best “don’t want to dance” posture – head down, arms folded, scowling at the floor. And yes, you’ve guessed it, I got asked to dance by a young, fit, energetic chap. I said yes as I didn’t want to tempt fate, and it was a fun dance, even if he half killed me…

Sunday was by far the best day for me. I arrived for the afternoon freestyle determined to dance, and that continued into the evening. The music did more for me too, and I had some lovely dances (in fact, all the dances I had over the weekend I enjoyed – just didn’t feel that I gave as good as I got if you know what I mean). And I loved watching the assorted tag and multiple trouble dances too… and here’s a little for your delectation and delight. (Thanks to Beo who transformed it from something unplayable last night and put it on YouTube for me – love my geek!)

An OK weekender, if not as much fun for me as Bliss for me - but all personal stuff, nothing to do with the organisation which was spot on as per usual (though wish they'd bring the water coolers back into the blues room as hate having to trek across the dancefloor to get a drink). But roll on the next one…

That video is quality! As was the weekend, I really will post a full review later, but till then all I can say is - it was AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    And Fletch has been holding out on us as to how much time she really spends down there... (photo to follow)
    See what I mean - she even has her own "house" there!

Photos are up on Facebook
    Attached Images Attached Images

Finally..my chance to review in the calm AFTER Storm!

Journey

Warminster to Camber – 170 miles, 3 1/2 hours, good weather and a steady run through the M25/A21 muddle on a Friday afternoon. Amazing!

Camber to Warminster – 170 miles, 5 hours in sunshine, stop/start all the way through the M25, clear run from M3 to home and a wonderful view of Stonehenge in the sun to get me through the last 10 miles.

Accommodation

The chalet was a “good” classic plus, the things that made it great were a. the proximity to the venue, b. my great roomies Martingold and Barbs, and c. all the friends that popped in to say hi and have a cuppa over the weekend! Goes to show how lovely people can change good things into marvelous.

Venues

As for most of the other Forumites, I lived in the blues room over the weekend, and only saw the main room upstairs for warm-ups/day freestyles. I ventured up there at half midnight on Sat night and was nearly roasted alive by the heat….

The blues room itself was an amalgamation of friendly chilled-ness, décor, people, dancing, and most of the music!

The Good

Kickstarting the weekend off on Fri 6 PM with some funky tunes of Paul's in the bar, on the dancefloor with MartinGold, KPS, Barbs, Martin Eden, Fletch, Elaine, Spikey Steve and Kathleen

Meeting Beowulf finally – he is such a nice guy!

Tagging with Lee, Drathzel, DTS, and Raph on Sunday night in the blues room. Great fun.

The eclectic mix of music in the blues room, from down and dirty blues to funky swing.

Freestyling on Sat and Sun afternoon in the blues room, 3 PM and yet it felt like 3 AM. Amazing!

Running on the beach on Sat morning in the sunshine, and then going for a walk on the Sunday morning, in the same wonderful sun, bumping into Zari, and having coffee and cakes while catching up.

Dancing some truly amazing blues with Paul to “Undercover Agent for the Blues” by Tina Turner on Sun night. Easily THE dance of the weekend for me.

The Bad

Not getting to dance with everyone that I wanted to; too much to do, people to catch up with, new dance shoes to buy!

Reaching the lowpoint at 1:30 AM on Sat night, DTS, not only did you mop up but you got me up and dancing straight afterwards, you lump of gorgeousness you xx

Due to nipping back to the chalet for a much needed nap, I missed the 24-person blues tag.

The Ugly

There was one HUGE issue that I had to deal with at Storm , and thanks to friends it was dealt with.

Special mentions!

Martingold and Barbs for all they did, from agreeing to share a chalet with such a maniac as me, Martin playing hardcore blues with me on the dancefloor, providing chocolate, hugs, and tissues where needed, to 4 AM chats about life, the universe, and everything

Fletch for letting bygones be bygones and being such a rock for everyone this weekend!

Raphael for sorting out my clicking neck (don’t ask) and some eeeeeeeasy blues dancing on Sat/Sun.

Drathzel for lending a sympathetic ear and providing a great female lead on Sunday night in the blues room.

The indefatigable DTS for providing such extreme amusement and smiles for all. His “hairpull” move on me got several rounds of applause over the course of Storm!

Batgirl for keeping DTS in check, Rachel you are one strong woman and you are looking fantastic babe xx

Dances with Ian Selby, Mike T, Derek, Amr, Patrick B, Under Par and Rogboy - all were special.

All the forum friends both old and new, that rallied round for me this weekend. I couldn’t have done it without you.

Sunnybunny – sorry if I apparently ignored you on Fri!!!

In conclusion…

A weekend of real discovery for me, I am not the unwanted and unattractive lass that _some_ would think I am. What made it so special was as much the people as the dancing….thank you all so much.

A much stronger Kel

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Warminster View Post
    [FONT="Arial"]
    There was one HUGE issue that I had to deal with at Storm and thanks to friends it was dealt with.

Fletch for letting bygones be bygones and being such a rock for everyone this weekend!

i'm a gobby git but my heart is full of love and passion it get me in trouble at times, we all have experences good and bad it what we do with that new found knowledge that counts.

I managed to get though Camber with less issues than usual (I didn't no issues) I will probably make up for it at CerocPort, although one issue isn't going.

take care. x

i'm a gobby git
    really??????

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    really??????

cheek

cheek