Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Storm, Camber Mar09 - the aftermath

Storm, Camber Mar09 - the aftermath

Back home early as Jack has a busy work day tomorow.

Thank you ALL for making Jack feel so welcome and for the many dances you ladies had with him - he had a fab time and I had a fab time having him there with me.

It was a different Storm, insofar as there were some 'faces' missing ............ but it didn't spoil my enjoyment one bit, I had a great time with lots of fabby dances. (missed out dancing with OXO and John Baker though )

I thought the music was fantastic downstairs in the Cyclone room - all the usual great "Chillout Room" Ceroc DJs + the talented Zebra Woman - I loved every set.

Didn't spend much time 'upstairs' but have to say the music certainly passed my test of decent jiveable stuff and I actually spent some time up there AND had some good dances too. The temperature upstairs was actually OK not that horrible smelly heavy heat that it usually has.

Lucky & Rhoni, such a lovely couple and such amazing dancers, I was so chuffed to get a Lindy dance from him, he made me feel so special.

A big goes out to Val Rokov as I believe she did most of the organising of this event. Shame about the radio mikes playing up, but that wasn't Val's fault.

Only neg, we bought the DVD and have just looked at it, but no beginner classes on there ???? Is this normal ?

Going to book for Viva Las Vegas now

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Storm, Camber Mar09 - the aftermath

Just a quickie..

I had a really good time. I just non-stopped danced, danced, danced.

The music IMO was absolutely superb! I didn't really spend much time upstairs but that was only because as all the music downstairs was hitting the right spot for me, so there was no need to venture up!

The pub on occasions, had a great little vibe going on too

One funny moment.. my wrist band somehow came undone during one of my dances, so rather than stopping, I just shoved it down my bra (as I had no pockets)... and promptly forgot about it! Later on, I went out of the venue and on my return, as I was approaching the room, I suddenly remembered and without a thought, I almost flashed my boob to the poor unsuspecting guy oops, that took a little bit of explaining!
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Later on, I went out of the venue and on my return, as I was approaching the room, I suddenly remembered and without a thought, I almost flashed my boob to the poor unsuspecting guy oops, that took a little bit of explaining!
    If I were the security guard then that would have definately guaranteed your entry to the venue.

I think bood flashing would make a suitable alternative to the wristbands system for those ladies that find wristbands uncomfortable.

The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    I think boob flashing would make a suitable alternative to the wristbands system for those ladies that find wristbands uncomfortable.
    It might cure the perennial shortage of men at Ceroc.

Blog Entries

OMG you men are such suckers for a glimpse of nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    True. I think it all started way back in my very early childhood. That's when I was made to be a sucker for a nipple

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I love a glimpse of bare flesh above a pair of stockings on a young lady of course

Well a very "different" weekender for me and Paul this weekend. With his left arm set in a plaster cast on thursday we knew that dancing was not going to be as great - but we mananged to get by doing lots of right handed moves and almost folllowing of a shadow left hand move - made us think about our connections tho

Music upstairs was pretty good on Friday night - Kam was amazing as always! Music downstairs did hit a bit of a lull for us at one stage last night - but soon got a bit more familiar and funky.

A good weekend with fab company and some terrific dances - Roll on Viva Las Vegas and getting rid of the plaster cast

Will do a little review later but WOW I had a wonderful weekend

Had a really enjoyable weekend but was not quite as good as the last 2 (Bliss and Breeze), think that might be because of some of the people that come from up north and the Midlands were not there, probably going to Southport next week. I have still come home on a nice high though.
    The Good
    Catching up and dancing with people I only get to see at weekender’s , really good to see Lee Bartholomew and Claire again, had great fun dancing with Lee as both leader and follower but he kept sabotaging all my moves (I got a taste of my own medicine). Really enjoyed dancing with Tanjive another person that I have never seen outside of weekenders. Thanks to all the other guys who I dance with more regularly, there are too many of you to name in my fragile state, but you all helped make my weekend. My highlights were Saturday night had some really fabulous dances in the blues room heard some great music especially from Marc and John Baker. I finished the night or should I say morning with as it was 6am with a dance with the fabulous Herbie, still one of my all time favourites what a way to finish. Sunday afternoon was great only managed to come 3rd (our standards are slipping) in the quiz, which is now known as ‘The Big Fact Hunt’. Then it was dancing all afternoon in the blues room and then the bar to Zebra Woman’s truly brilliant set, my favourite set of the weekend and what a great atmosphere there was.

Also had a great time sharing the chalet with Jay Jay, Sunny bunny and Bibi, we had a great laugh

The Bad

Went upstairs to the main room a couple of times and it was really hot and crowded and there did not seem to be a great gender balance as there were lots of ladies standing around but had some good re-energizing dances upstairs before retreating back to the sheer bliss of the Chillout room. Music up there was very bland and too Boing boing, what I caught of it anyway.

Sunday night did not really do it for me had some lovely dances but I was just sooo tired that my body just would not move how I wanted it too and I was a lightweight and left just after 3 (just before it all got really good apparently but that’s life.

So in summary a really good weekend, lots of great dances but not as good as my previous two brilliant weekenders

Photos to follow Later
    Last edited by Maxine; 9th-March-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    Only neg, we bought the DVD and have just looked at it, but no beginner classes on there ???? Is this normal ?
    It is normal.

I think originally Ceroc didn't list the beginner classes along with their main workshops.

However I don't believe there is any good reason now to expect the beginners classes to be missing from the DVD. Ceroc should have stated "There will be a DVD of the workshops, except those for beginners".

I would return the DVD, unless you think it is worthwhile for the other content.

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

Great weekend but will do a write up when i have had a kip and sorted out a few things

Hi - first post, so hope this works!!
    Also - first weekender, which was great fun and I was made to feel really welcome by everyone! Special thanks to all those that danced with me and for the excellent tips and advice.
    Hope to start meeting up with you at future events/dances/classes. (need to get some serious practice in as I am sure you will be expecting some improvement!!!)
    Thanks again - it was a real experience and a real pleasure.
    cgull (Minnie's boy )

Quote Originally Posted by cgull View Post
    ..cgull (Minnie's boy )
    What's so funny ?????? You will always be my little boy as I don't have any other

Welcome to the forum cgull - be careful though as it is adictive

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Back home early as Jack has a busy work day tomorow.
    I've never left early from a weekender before but due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to but in saying that, I was chatting to a couple of friends today, who said it was dramatically quieter on Sunday night...

Now, I know I'm noisy but surely I couldn't have made that much difference

So, it would appear that although people doing more weekends, quite a lot arrive late and go early..

I wonder if this will be the norm from now on?

It was a different Storm, insofar as there were some 'faces' missing ............ but it didn't spoil my enjoyment one bit,
    It didn't spoil mine either, in fact, I thought the weekend had a very intimate and friendly feel to it

Quote Originally Posted by cgull View Post
    Thanks again - it was a real experience and a real pleasure.
    cgull (Minnie's boy )
    Lovely to meet you and welcome to the forum
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

The good

My chalet mates Shaz, Shannon, Joe and Maddy
    the weather
    been close to the venue
    Cabarets
    music, young James did a wicked set when the Karioki was cancelled, Lee B, Jonh Baker....etc...all the DJ were fab.
    winning the pub quiz Sunday
    watching Joe dancing with all the people he has spent a year talking to me about dancing with but hasn't. I told him he could ask people now (I think is has done his apprenticeship) he responsible and will handle rejection as it happens, like the rest of us.

The bad

Cold upstairs Friday
    cold down stairs Sunday
    Maddy not dancing much
    Shaz and Shannon leaving even earlier than planned on Sunday with no free style, the problem wont be at CerocPort.
    Feeling guilty for Shaz and Shannon leaving early even after trying to anticipate the problem before Camber.
    Watching someone struggling with there deamons..by the grace of god.........one day at a time.

The awesome

dancing with Lucky
    dancing 'funky' with Gary the 'hip hop' guy

|The unbelivable

Rubin tipping me upside down

I will have missed load, I need sleep

I forgot

my new discoveries cgull, and Taz's nephew

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    .........new discoveries Taz's nephew
    wasn't he good and he has only been dancing a couple of months - I reckon Aunty Taz must have had something to do with that

--ooOoo--

wasn't he good and he has only been dancing a couple of months - I reckon Aunty Taz must have had something to do with that
    I'm sure she must have, he was just brill, I think the youngster seem to pick it up quickly, there is a guy in the Midlands who has been dancing 2 months and when you dance with him you would think he had been dancing 5-6 years.

and

Migle, thank you you know why

[quote=fletch;537891]
    The good

My chalet mates Shaz, Shannon, Joe and Maddy
    the weather
    been close to the venue
    Cabarets
    music, young James did a wicked set when the Karioki was cancelled, Lee B, Jonh Baker....etc...all the DJ were fab.
    winning the pub quiz Sunday
    watching Joe dancing with all the people he has spent a year talking to me about dancing with but hasn't. I told him he could ask people now (I think is has done his apprenticeship) he responsible and will handle rejection as it happens, like the rest of us.

fletch, really!
    it's now known as steve & gordons big fact hunt

Thread Information