View Poll Results: Are you going to The Masked Ball of the East (May 2009)?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 66.67%
  • No

1 5.56%
  • Not sure yet

2 11.11%
  • Who knows? The Ceroc Metro website links don't work...

3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to "The Masked Ball of the East"? (9 May 2009)

Re: Who's going to "The Masked Ball of the East"? (9 May 2009)

Quote Originally Posted by onem View Post
    ...and it's only 2 days away! 'Lyndaslist' has a note to 'ring' for more info!! The single link on CerocMetro's website.../lots more stuff ...........
    My goodness onem, you must be cross - after 3 years to come out and make your first post...... (thanks for the mention tho)

It is a shame that you have found these problems, I don't think it would have been such an issue if today wasn't such a 'busy' day for dancing - I always go to the Masked Ball, but after such a very late night (early morning) at Utopia I am wondering if I have the energy to drive up to London for another late night, even though I am sure it will be great, Ceroc Metro always put on a good night.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    im gonna get there first
    Oh, Martin, do us a favour...if you get there before the paying guests start to arrive, can you slip a couple of uplifting, funky tunes into Robins music selection. There's only so much "are we dancers" I can take.

Being someone who is usually prepared for all events, I have fashioned a pair of stylish ear protectors to my mask to shield me from "Robin at his best", just in case you don't get to his collection first.

By the way Robin...I notice you still haven't sponsored me for my Race for Life. Do get a move on, love!

I have my ticket for tonight! just wondering how many people I will know there as not danced in over a year!! wonder if I can still dance!! Got my mask all i need now is to get my dance shoes out of the loft and try and find something to wear. Panicking now that nothing will fit.. See you all later

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Oh, Martin, do us a favour...if you get there before the paying guests start to arrive, can you slip a couple of uplifting, funky tunes into Robins music selection. There's only so much "are we dancers" I can take.

Being someone who is usually prepared for all events, I have fashioned a pair of stylish ear protectors to my mask to shield me from "Robin at his best", just in case you don't get to his collection first.

By the way Robin...I notice you still haven't sponsored me for my Race for Life. Do get a move on, love!
    it sill supprises me that you dislike robins music so much but still go to a lot of events that you know he going to dj at
    personally if i disliked a dj that much i would vote with my feet

also he cant be so unpopular as he does fill a lot of events he does his thing at
    anyway i you will obviously be pleased to hear he wont be the only dj there tonight there will be 3 from what i have been told

oh by the way trouble i keep fogetting to say i thought you looked amazing at petes party

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D View Post
    I have my ticket for tonight! just wondering how many people I will know there as not danced in over a year!! wonder if I can still dance!! Got my mask all i need now is to get my dance shoes out of the loft and try and find something to wear. Panicking now that nothing will fit.. See you all later
    now then missy you make sure you have a dance with mei will be the one with the mask on

now then missy you make sure you have a dance with mei will be the one with the mask on
    And I will be the one with the dusty shoes, mask and "sloggys"

it sill supprises me that you dislike robins music so much but still go to a lot of events that you know he going to dj at
    personally if i disliked a dj that much i would vote with my feet
    Well, I've said it before so I'm repeating myself here. Ceroc Metro gigs are local and lots of my mates go so a good opportunity to catch up and have a gossip, etc. I hate Robins choice of music, that's no secret, but as you say...

he cant be so unpopular as he does fill a lot of events he does his thing at
    ...so maybe it's me.

you will be pleased to hear he wont be the only dj there tonight there will be 3 from what i have been told

oh by the way trouble i keep fogetting to say i thought you looked amazing at petes party
    Thanks

What a dissappointing event, the event lacked atmosphere due to numbers being down from years gone by.

Was this down to lack of advertisement?
    From what I have not seen it would seem so.

Was this down to internal Ceroc competition ?
    From what I was told by one of the organisers it seems so. What a pity. As BT used to say in one of its adverts, "Its good to talk".

Music was fun in parts, I wont mention the rest, yes it was horrible. I am sure Samantha will give you a full picture.

Congratulations to Trevor on winning the DWAS.

Thanks to the Trouble sisters for their kind words and fun dances, you girls rock.

Last thanks to the Essex forumite trio, Maxine, Sunnybunny and Jay Jay

The only factor stopping this event from being an absolutely cracking night - about 100 people !

This is a real shame as the venue is stunning and the crew had made a fantastic effort on the decor - it looked fabulous.

On the upside - there was plenty of room to dance with some lovely dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybunny View Post
    The only factor stopping this event from being an absolutely cracking night - about 100 people !

This is a real shame as the venue is stunning and the crew had made a fantastic effort on the decor - it looked fabulous.

Well done to the organisers Can we have a Christmas Masked Ball too seeing as we havent got Ashtons anymore?

Oh and a big thank you to my lovely masked DWAS partner

Great to catch up with people that I hadnt seen for years too.

Going to have a lovely hot bath now to soak my aching body!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    I am sure Samantha will give you a full picture.
    Oh go on then, if I have to.

We arrived at half eight and guess what the first tune I heard was?

There's only so much "are we dancers" I can take.
    ...to be fair the music wasn't too bad, in fact there were a few funky tracks that I really enjoyed.

It wasn't busy enough, but I managed to stalk and grab the best dancers and had lots of really lovely dances.

Me and Flamboyant Dave got through the first round of DWAS (not strictly a stranger, but I wasn't about to exchange Flamboyant Dave for the "Care in the Community" dancer next door). I thought we might have half a chance of winning as FD was amazing in his Zorro inspired get-up, but, as luck would have it...Robin was judging We was robbed, I tell you!

It was an enjoyable night, but only because all of my favourite forumites were at our table and we had a good laugh, so thanks to Trouble, Scarface, Gerry, Astro, Jay Jay, Maxine, Sunny Bunny, Stewart38 (thanks for driving) and especially Flamboyant Dave who, as always, was fantastically flamboyant.

I managed to stalk and grab the best dancers and had lots of really lovely dances.
    ...and I was there to grab them when you had finished

It was an enjoyable night, but only because all of my favourite forumites were at our table and we had a good laugh, so thanks to Trouble, Scarface, Gerry, Astro, Jay Jay, Maxine, Sunny Bunny, Stewart38 (thanks for driving) and especially Flamboyant Dave who, as always, was fantastically flamboyant.
    ....but like I said on another thread, it was a shame everyone was rattling about in such a lovely venue, bit of waste really........

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I used to love The Masked Ball, used to be one of the year's top nights. I had a feeling it would be struggling against Hammersmith putting on a 2 roomer with a top WCS pro though. Shame. Hopefully they will try it again and next time there won't be a clash.

What a dissappointing event, the event lacked atmosphere due to numbers being down from years gone by. [B][COLOR=Red]
    Just remind everyone which previous ones you have been to ?

Quote Originally Posted by sunnybunny View Post

Exactly. If they just advertise this thing and fix their web site (2 min job) it would have been a great nite (30/40% more people needed)

Music reminded of Southport June 2006 and i can dance to 10 , 10 times

Ok the lucky dip was a bit a **** up but still it was clear a lot of effort had gone into the event

Ill go again even if it 70 miles , get it advertised

Thanks for all the great dances (you know who you are )

No not you

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post

Exactly. If they just advertise this thing and fix their web site (2 min job) it would have been a great nite (30/40% more people needed)
    Music reminded of Southport June 2006 and i can dance to 10 , 10 times
    I enjoyed Marie Delort's set (middle set) and the last half hour or so was all slow music which I liked. It's good to wind down, and good for the body too.

My favourite track was on last.

Ok the lucky dip was a bit a **** up
    I didn't like having to dance to 3 tracks straight in the first round.

but it was clear a lot of effort had gone into the event.
    Yes, the decor was first class, and every table had crisps, chocolates, buscuits and nuts.

There were mints at the door and deoderant in the toilets.

Also the weather was beutiful and the fountain lovely.

[quote=stewart38;546865]Just remind everyone which previous ones you have been to ?

I was at the last one when I danced with Missy D for the first time in a few years. Been to two others.

I agree totally with you

Having spoken to somebody who went to hammersmith, they felt that Hammersmith was down in numbers from their last event. Looks like both events lost out due to the clash

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post

I didn't like having to dance to 3 tracks straight in the first round.
    Not sure how you can judge 100 couples all at one time as well

I think a warm up and then one song and say 3 heats

Also dont say if you have danced with the person you are with, go to someone else, opens up a bit of fixing

I was so disappointed with the Masked Ball last night and can’t help feeling that it has something to do with running your business from the other side of the world. It had all the ingredients of a great night fabulous hall (great floor). Thought the music was good for most of the evening, and I don’t expect to have perfect music all night. You could see that the Crew had put a lot of effort in. There just were not enough people there to make this event a night to remember and it just felt flat. It was not well advertised the website was not informative and it clashed with Hammersmith (Not their fault but surely they could have come to an arrangement and not put to big nights on in such a small distance).

Did have some great dances though, thanks to KevF( just a dream to dance with) Gerry, Stewart38 and Scarface (really coming along) and good fun to chat with the Trouble sisters always give me a good laugh and Trouble always gives me a good dance.
    My DWAS partner was really sweet , had not been dancing long and was terrified of slow music, so I gave him a few tips and shared a bit of my sleazy knowledge, strangely now he loves slow music and kept coming to dance with me for slow tracks, at least we got through to the 2nd round.

Anyway please Adam sort this out, get your promotion back on track and update your website, I want to be able to continue to support my local functions and see people from other parts of the country come to East London

they felt that Hammersmith was down in numbers from their last event.
    And that was certainly something to be thankful for!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    Anyway please Adam sort this out, get your promotion back on track and update your website, I want to be able to continue to support my local functions and see people from other parts of the country come to East London
    Well said, couldn't agree with you more.

It is a shame that whenever there is a choice for a Friday freestyle Ceroc Metro events are generally second on the list even if it does mean a much longer journey to get somewhere else. It would be lovely to have them first on the list.

What a dissappointing event
    guess what the first tune I heard was?
    ...It wasn't busy enough...It was an enjoyable night, but only because all of my favourite forumites were at our table
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    it was a shame everyone was rattling about in such a lovely venue, bit of waste really........
    Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    If they just advertise this thing and fix their web site (2 min job) it would have been a great nite (30/40% more people needed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxine View Post
    I was so disappointed with the Masked Ball last night
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    It is a shame that whenever there is a choice for a Friday freestyle Ceroc Metro events are generally second on the list even if it does mean a much longer journey to get somewhere else. It would be lovely to have them first on the list.
    Are you listening Adam?

Just to echo what Jay Jay said, we ALL want Ceroc Metro nights to be a success, but at the moment we go because it's local and because we have a nice group of people going.

It feels stale and like it needs a bit of a re-vamp.

Thread Information