Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beach Ballroom Party

Originally posted by michael
    Do we actually have a date set for the Beach Ballroom on February?????

Then we can all start to plan ahead. It looks like many of the forumites down south may well make the journey up so advance notice would help them in particular with cheap flights etc and possibly cheaper hotel bookings.
    I think it's the 21st, that's the Saturday. It's somewhere on the Forum, maybe under Las Palmas???

Sandy

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by michael
    Do we actually have a date set for the Beach Ballroom on February?????

Then we can all start to plan ahead. It looks like many of the forumites down south may well make the journey up so advance notice would help them in particular with cheap flights etc and possibly cheaper hotel bookings.
    Yes we do... The Beach Ballroom is booked years in advance

The next few dates for 2004 are:

Saturday 21st February, 22nd May, 20th November.

So get your diaries out and keep thes week-ends free, especially as I have much more in store during and around the above dates

Franck.

Originally posted by Chicklet
    Loverlies in Leather - what were you singing / dancing to????
    We were singing and dancing to Queen's version of 'A crazy little thing called love'
    Heather and I put new words to it ... just for Franck.... 'That crazy French guy called Franck' (Heather is going to post the words I think)

Missed you, when will we see you next?????

Linda

I ache all over and I need to get some sleep.

Great weekend. There were too many delectable ladies to dance with and too few songs to dance with them to. The band were rather good {<- a slight underestimation }, if a bit fast to dance to - but that just meant a clearer floor for all us brave souls who risked heart-attacks
    Loved the last track of the first set where they played with the music. Interesting.

Thank you to all my partners of the evening for making it such an enjoyable night. Memorable moments:
    - The dancer who parted with "where have you been all night?"
    - SA asking me for a dance even though she had endured my dancing twice already
    - Managing to catch Lilly and Pammy for a dance or two.
    - Being remembered for dancing with someone two years ago at the same venue when they were a complete beginner.
    That's from a sleep depraved and over-tired mind, excluding the band's excentiricities & Franck's birthday present
    If I've omitted anyone or anything, sorry; there was only one dance I had all night that was poor {and I only missed a handful } (More a practice in controlling an out-of-controll partner to avoid collisions and keeping my shoulders attached to my body... thinking on it, that may explain my shoulders aching so much.)
    Actually, it only served to further contrast the great dancers and dances for the rest of the evening

Can't wait till Feb's.

{I have a feeling that I'm using too much, but it's how my 'inner self' is feeling ("even smiling makes my face ache") ... and I just got a message that I have used too many: even the computer thinks I'm grinning too much!}

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    I had a fabulous weekend too

Big thanks to Franck for organising it all - and to Franck, Lorna and Lisa for the great workshops. Was great to meet so many new faces at the Beginners Plus workshop and lovely to see most of them at the party at night too. I'm sure a lot of the men will be very grateful to Lorna for all of those new moves at the Ladies Perogative

The Beach Ballroom looked absolutely superb, it really was a Winter Wonderland. The floor is excellent to dance on and the bar/cloakroom staff are very helpful. The After Eights on the table was a nice touch as are the jugs of iced water (we didn't get a musician on ours mind you I never sat down all night so it's maybe not surprising ) Thought the Jive Aces were great too - loved the suits And CJ played great music - nearly all my favourites were in there, thanks babe!

It was great to finally meet Pammy and Boomer - loved the shoes Pammy, loved the dances Boomer (once I eventually managed to persuade you onto the dancefloor). Also thought Lily looked absolutely stunning - and had such a wonderful dance with David (I would have loved another but we seemed to keep missing each other - maybe next time I'll be greedy and hang on to him for more than one )

Like everyone else - I had so many fab dances but missed so many other people that I would have loved to have danced with - I meant to, honest! How come the party went on till 2 am and I still ran out of time?

I love the pictures you've posted, David, of Franck's surprise - enough said - no need for words eh?

Only regret - that I forgot my trainers and had to put those bloomin' high heeled (bought in a moment of madness) boots on to get back to the hotel.

Big thanks to Heather for making the tops for the cabaret - took her ages - all that material
    And to Linda - the Aberdeen Venue Manager - for looking after Franck's cake.
    Oh, and Heather Mac, from Dundee for explaining why it helps when you take the lens cover off the video camera - oops!
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Franck's Birthday Surprise.

As promised, here are the words to Franck's birthday surprise.

This guy called Franck,we just can't handle him,
    This guy called Franck,he's got us in a spin,
    We kinda like him, Crazy French guy called Franck!!!

This guy called Franck,he drinks Red Bull all night,
    He swings, he jives, he shakes all over like a jellyfish,
    we kinda like him, Crazy French guy called Franck!!!!

There goes our Franckie, he knows how to rock and roll,
    He drives us crazy, he gives us hot and cold fever,
    And makes us sigh Ooh la la!

We gotta stay cool, relax, get hip,
    Get our French kiss, in the backseat of his car,
    With his comb variations, he'll take us far,
    We kinda like him, crazy Jivemaster called Franck!!
    (Repeat).

This French guy Franck,he sure can shake his ass,
    This French guy Franck,he shakes it in his class,
    We kinda like it, Crazy French guy called Franck.
    Crazy Jivemaster Franck,Crazy French guy called Franck,
    Crazy French guy called Franck!!

He seemed to enjoy our rendition on Saturday

especially when all he thought he was getting was a cake! . Only problem is, what is he going to expect next year?

Heather,
    XX

Hi all!

This is my first ever post and it's just to say how much I (and my sister) enjoyed Saturday night at the Beach Ballroom in Aberdeen.

We were up from Glasgow seeing family and were brought along by a cousin, not knowing what we were letting ourselves in for. But we had such a fantastic time, even though I at least didn't know what I was doing on the dance floor, and we're going to start classes this week.

Look forward to keeping in touch and seeing some of you again in the future.

MaxH

4 pics, not great quality, sorry......me & cameras not good buddies
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information