Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beach Ballroom Party

Beach Ballroom Party

Decided to be brave and start a new thread. First of all happy birthday tomorrow Franck and well done again, the party last night was a brilliant success. The Jive Aces were great, DJ played good music and the Beach Ballroom is such a superb venue - roll on February!!!

Daphne

Last night

What a great band! Fantastic night, thanks Frank! My feet are aching (is that how it's spelt?)

Kay- did you know there are now 3 Scooby Doos on the forum?

Angel with attitude! xSalsa_Angelx's Avatar
    I had a great time last might also, i thought the band were great too, of course i had to flirt with them and tell them they looked like canaries in their yellow suits..lol

It was also great to finally meet my favorite taxi dancer thanks for the dances, they were good, or better than good should i say?

cant wait for the Perth Xmas party now, Ive never been out of Aberdeen for a party so this is the time i think now.

Roll on the next ballroom event too...!!!

P.s I was a piggy and ate the whole box of after eights on my table ... of course i can get away with it Tee Hee......

XsaX

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    great party. well done Franck

Heres a look at the floor - recognise anybody ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    heres an example of what you all missed - musicians and packets of After Eight mints on every table.

Commercial Operator

oooeer

That looks like DD & Pammy trying to dance to an EXTREMELY fast version of "In the Mood"...sorry Pammy ...hope the second dance made up for it
    Also the back of Mrs demons head, the top of Mrs Scathes head...
    and a kinda perplexed looking DavidB..........This photo looks lik a cue for a funny caption competition

PS Great night Franck...dont think I sat down all night.& my legs were aching at the end...well done

The Forum Legend
    What a great night. Had an absolute blast!!

Very tired now though (had to stop 2 times to 'rest my eyes' just on the way down to Dundee).

Roll on the next BB, and all the other fabby events leading up to it. December just promises to be a great month of dancing in Scotland!!

Steve

The Original Scooby Dave Hancock's Avatar
    Would have to agree with all that's been said, well done Franck, I had a great time and very glad I came out for it. I thought the band were very good and it was lovely to have live music and the way they played two sets helped break up the night.

I also thought Ceroc Jock performed fairly well on the discs and the Dundee/Aberdeen girls certainly managed to put a smile on your face

The Original Scooby Dave Hancock's Avatar

Re: Last night

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

Kay- did you know there are now 3 Scooby Doos on the forum?
    One was slighlty more original than the others though

Yes! it was brilliant night. well done Franck
    The hall looked great, the band were fantastic, especially as I believe they adjusted their sets to accomodate us dancers then really let rip with the numbers at the end.

To everyone who danced with me thank you for the fab dances. To those of you I didn't get a chance to dance with, sorry, next time for sure!!!

Boomer!!! what a star you are It was great to meet you, dance with you and talk to you, although I have to confess you did have rather an apprehensive look on your face when I told you I was Linda...... Now that youv'e met me you know I'm the quiet one!!!!
    Loved my dances with you but when I came back to get you again, you had disappeared!!!! No worries though will get you the next time!!!

Lily, looking as beautiful as ever,you have an evergrowing fan club and group of admirers up here The guys you danced with said they loved dancing with you but even better they thought you were great !!!

David you were the talk of the dance with that magic soft touch of yours... the ladies loved it

Roll on February!!

Linda

PS Did anyone get any decent photos of our little routine for Franck? I stupidly put a full card into my camera and Gregor couldn't take any pics for me!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    by popular demand here are 2 pics of Francks 'surprise' - several, as The Sun would say leather clad lovelies

pics were dark but i tried to lighten them up a bit

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    great party. well done Franck

Heres a look at the floor - recognise anybody ?
    Yeah, DD, Pammy and the lord of the undead...in a hawian shirt, lurching towards his next victim

Had a wonderful time, am absolutely gutted that I had to come back to London so soon Am too tired to blather on now, so will have to bore the pants off everyone later To all the ladies....and blokes as well I guess, that I put faces to, a bigger collection of misbegotten, depraved, corrupt, degenerate reprobates I could never hope to meet ....this side of Hippies of course ...and this doesn’t even begin to cover DS and the chief hoodlum Franck

PS, Linda isthe quiet one, and that is food for thought, thanks for the drugs hun, they really put me in the mood

PPS, DavidB thanks for the chat that you have probabaly forgotten about, did wonders for my sense of perspective

B.T.C.
    Anyone get a photo of Franck's 'surprise' ????

It was hard heading off to bed before midnight on Saturday knowing folk were dancing their socks off in the BB. Aah well............still managed to have a good weekend.

Sounds like a superb evening and missed meeting Boomer, Pammy et al. Maybe next time And missed the chance with more dances with Lily............

Hope everyone gets back up for Feb.....

Here's a few piccies, qualitity is a bitt naff, but they'll just have to do

PS, never tried multiple pic posts, so if it doesn't work just have a go at me
    Last edited by Boomer; 24th-November-2003 at 12:17 PM.

Try try again

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries
    nice pics boomer but why has no one else posted how great Beach Ballroom was ? are we the only ones who enjoyed it ? surely not

p.s. should i get a haircut ? comments please!

The Forum Legend
    No-one except Scooby Doo, Linda, Dave Hancock, Dance Demon, Kay and Salsa Angel and me that is....

(Although, there were a lot more people there than just those 7, I'll agree).

Steve

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    nice pics boomer but why has no one else posted how great Beach Ballroom was ? are we the only ones who enjoyed it ? surely not

p.s. should i get a haircut ? comments please!
    They're probably still in Aberdeen trying to find the workshops ....or recovering from 'Garlick Prawnies', purchased from the market

The only regret I have (have I already siad I only have one?) is that I now know the difference between a good floor and a not so good floor. I thought the floor was excellent...once I got used to the bounce and fast surface, I even managed a naff spin!
    [Lovey mode on]
    Ladies, thank you all for taking a clumsy, dopey ape in hand and making him feel at home and welcome Still a bit sad coz its all over

PS No need to rub it in that you have lush flowing looks and I'm on the verge of iminent chrome-domeness

Nice to meet the Tramp at last...he's not bad for a beginner, just needs a bit more practice on the arm-jive

See you all soon

There's nothing annoying like a smurf

I had a fantastic weekend too. Wendy asked me what my favourite dance of the night was and I honestly couldn't pick one, as there were so many really nice ones to choose from! It's a brilliant venue, and it was great that the evening went on long enough for me to nearly get round all my favourite dancers!

Thread Information