Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revdrop and Judith's Joint 50th Birthday Dance Celebration - Fri 20th March 7pm-3am.

Re: Revdrop and Judith's Joint 50th Birthday Dance Celebration - Fri 20th March 7pm-3

Finally home after a 260-mile round trip......but worth every mile! Morris, Judith, the party was fantastic and despite being very tired I loved all my dances there, the atmosphere, the marvellous venue and of course CJ's Mariachi set

Esp loved my dance with Mr Darcy to Freebird...my blues with Sean were out of this world....

Great to also catch up with all the Forumites I haven't seen since last year...or since Camber two weeks ago LOL.

Thank you to all involved for a fandabbydozey night....what a great way to celebrate your birthday

Cool Re: Revdrop and Judith's Joint 50th Birthday Dance Celebration - Fri 20th March 7pm-3

I would like to say thank you again to Morris and Judith for the party that they laid on. The venue really was quite stunning. I agree with Yliander that the place has a real feel of the King's Hall in Stoke, with its high windows and ornate plaster cieling.

Twirlie Bird and me went down with Board Rider and our son Daniel. The whole evening was lovely. A real birthday party atmosphere with lots of great music being played in all three rooms. CJ's Mariachi set was up to his usual standard of playfulness. It was also great to hear Sreamin' Lord Selby's sets too. He played a blinder up in the littler blues room towards the end of the night. I need to find that last track he played, it was a real peach!

We got home, late, tired and happy. Fantastic night! If you're going to go ahead with a full on charity event towards the end of the year, definitly count us in Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I hope you collected 'loads a money' for your causes they were very well chosen, sorry to hear about Judith's dad, and alcohol rebilitation is very close to my heart.
    Just to avoid any possible confusion, the charities are for the local rehabilitation work that the Rev and Judith run. Also The Glen Coe Mountain Rescue as Judith's father sadly died on Glen Coe dispite the sterling efforts of the rescue team

Re: Revdrop and Judith's Joint 50th Birthday Dance Celebration - Fri 20th March 7pm-3

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post

Just to avoid any possible confusion, the charities are for the local rehabilitation work that the Rev and Judith run. Also The Glen Coe Mountain Rescue as Judith's father sadly died on Glen Coe dispite the sterling efforts of the rescue team
    thank you stokie your allways better at the words than me

I would also like to add my thanks to Revdrop and Judith for a lovely evening in a beautiful and interesting venue (rivals Watford), excellent music, good food and fantastic dancers. I think this event was one of the most challenging I have ever attended in terms of overall standard of dancing. All the dances I had were very good or excellent and sometimes the best I have had with certain forumites. Even the strangers who asked me to dance were very good and I did get a charming compliment from someone who said our dance was "Delightful",

My only regret was that I didn't get to dance with Morris on his birthday - I think he was a bit busy! This was a shame on 2 counts because I love to dance with DJs and because I have had one of my best ever dances with him previously (to a Madonna track ). Perhaps this could happen again one day!

Special thanks to those forum people I did dance with and do not see often enough such as CJ, Mr. Darcy, Stokie, Agente Secreto, ant, Poi Boi, Firstmove, Jivecrazy, and, as usual, the lovely Steven 666 to you all.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    At the same time it was good to dance with some of my more regular partners who were all in a playful mood (including 9 very full minutes on one track with Twirlie Bird that left an old guy completely drained).
    And what a dance that was.

I was so impressed that you were back on the floor while I was still recovering on the balcony!

I had a fantastic time last night. Judith and Morris laid on a superb night which everyone really enjoyed. Huge thanks to you both for inviting me.

what a fantastic night!!! So delightful to see so many familiar faces that I haven't see in SO long!!! so much lovely music, so many lovely dancers to dance with!!!! Stokie, Lost Leader, Tsh, Agent, Mr Darcy just to name a few!!

was a little nervous at the beginning as my foot was being a little grumpy and was worried that it would pack up but it mostly behaved - thank goodness.

the venue was so stunning!!!! so lovely and elegant and yet so welcoming and big shout has to go out to the staff who were still cheerful at 3am!

Looking forward to the next event!!!

Firstly, thank you to Revdrop and Judith for organising and inviting me to such a fantastic event.

The venue was stunning, the lighting really did make the atmosphere perfect and the music was amazing.

Unfortunately for me the evening didn't get off to the great start I had hoped for. 2009 has not had the best start for me, and my emotions got the better of me, I found it hard to relax and dance and couldn't find the courage to ask others for a dance. However, I have some fantastic friends (you know who you are) who helped me turn my night around, thank-you so much for being therefore me In particular a big thank-you to Stokie, who when I asked him for a cuddle, gave me the biggest hug possible with no questions asked and then fed me jelly beans and to Fletch for being the great friend she always is, I know I didn't talk much but just knowing that you were willing to give up some of your night to make sure I was alright meant a lot. Also a big thanks to Paul for letting me crash at his and for putting up with my emotional rollercoaster, it is more than I deserve.

As I said it was my friends that got me through the night and I ended up going home on a high. The music was sublime, I loved every minute of CJ's set. Particularly the Acoustic version of Daniel Bedingfield's gotta get thru this, I have been listening to this track for months and thinking how great it would be to dance to it and it was - thanks again Stokie and CJ!

Morris' Sax and Piano set was also fantastic, I wasn't sure what to expect when he announced it, but I most certainly wasn't disappointed.

It was lovely to meet and dance with Lost Leader and Stokie and Twirlie's son, Daniel (please tell me I got his name right). You can tell he has dancers for parents, he was an absolute pleasure to dance with and talk to, a real credit to you both.

It was also great to meet Yliander in person, thank you so much for the eye drops I will certainly be buying some of those!

Thanks to everyone that I danced with, Paul, CJ, Stokie, Daniel (Stokie Jnr), Lost Leader, Fletch's Joe (sorry if I missed anyone) you were all amazing! I'm just sorry I missed dancing with the birthday boy!

I am sure I haven't said half of what I wanted to, but this post is already too long, so I'll end it here.

That reminds me that I forgot to thank the young Dan and Joe who are both getting better and better and amazingly fast. I was really impressed with their floorcraft in a very busy space - spacial awareness that would put some of their elders to shame !

What a fantastic party!
    Thanks to Morris and Judith for all the hard work and thoughtful planning that went into creating such a specially unique evening unlike any I have previously attended.
    It was amazing, atmoshpheric, exciting, bizarre, entertaining - I could go on but don't know where to begin.
    It was certainly a night to remember and the word "aerial" takes on a new meaning for me - one in which I thought probably impossible - but -umm -obviously not!!
    A truly outstanding evening!

Wow! That was fabulous! And well worth what would probably work out to be about a 1000 mile round trip, for me at least.

We're just back in Edinburgh, after a long train trip home today. Staying at the Travelodge was the only sensible option!

Revdrop and Judith - What an amazing event and venue! And fantastic to have the usual freestyle format turned on its head - thumpy music downstairs (did go down there once or twice), and the other two rooms playing blues/Mariachi etc. So much more space for great dancing!

Loved Ken's opening set in the blues bar - wonderful music. There was only The Passion Harem and I dancing in there, which gave us lots of space (and a challenge for me to adjust back to a busy dance floor when we went back to the main room). Loved getting lots of dances with you though...

I had some fantastic dances, thanks to all my partners. Nice to finally meet Fletch, and to have a couple of dances with Lost Leader. Agente Secreto - I'll be doing my utmost to get to the next RH&B! Revdrop - I thoroughly enjoyed our dances, and didn't expect to manage any with you. Thank you!

I loved the Mariachi set, as always (we need more up here please CJ!) and Revdrop's piano and sax set. Had a couple of fantastic dances to Freebird and Bring me to Life. Don't know your names, but thanks!

Love the idea of a charity event. (But if you can make it on a Saturday that would make it easier for me to attend without having to use up more annual leave... )

Thanks again. Hope you enjoyed it as much as your guests!

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Warminster View Post
    Finally home after a 260-mile round trip......but worth every mile!
    It was even worth a 650 mile round trip!

Congratulations Morris and Judith. You put together a great evening and I hope you both enjoyed it as much as the rest of us.

The venue was beautiful.

I loved the music all evening. This was my first time at Mariachi and I bloomin' loved it, which I wasn't expecting.

The atmosphere was so friendly and welcoming and it was great to meet Fletch and have a brief chat with Twirlie Bird (good luck with your venture next week guys )

I had so many great dances with Forumites I haven't danced with before: Steven 666, Jive Crazy, Firstmove, Lost Leader, Stokie, and especially Tor (wow, what a dancer!) and Agent Secrento (double wow!).

Unortunately I couldn't drag myself out of the main room and couldn't get round to dancing with everyone I wanted to. I missed dancing with Morris and was chasing Poi Boi around the room all night but luckily for him he kept escaping me (oooh, he's gorgeous Crazy Shark )

Count me in for the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    I was chasing Poi Boi around the room all night but luckily for him he kept escaping me (oooh, he's gorgeous Crazy Shark )
    Were you! You were not the only one chasing me across the floor it would seem, I didn't know I was so popular!

Grab me next time, or I'le grab you...if I'm brave enough

Count me in for future charity events there too! Still reeling from the night tbh.

Registered User The Passion Harem's Avatar

Thank you for honouring me with an invite, it was a wonderful party.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Georgious dancer View Post
    Fletch for being the great friend she always is, I know I didn't talk much but just knowing that you were willing to give up some of your night to make sure I was alright meant a lot.
    Thanks to everyone that I danced with, Paul, CJ, Stokie, Daniel (Stokie Jnr), Lost Leader, Fletch's Joe (sorry if I missed anyone) you were all amazing!

Joe's said thank you

we have been there for each other through thick and thin, love ya to bits

Commercial Operator

Judith and I would like to thank everyone who came to celebrate with us for our joint 50th Charity Dance Party! We were particularly honoured by those who travelled all the way from Scotland!

Thank you also to everyone who has been so kind about the evening on the Forum and Facebook and in the many e-mails we have received.

It was awesome to have so many good dancers all together in one place, in a fantastic venue, with great music. We’ve just started looking at some of the video footage and there isn’t a bounce in sight! We’d like to put some of the footage on YouTube and Facebook etc so if anyone objects to this please let us know!

Thank you to all the DJs – CJ, Ian Selby, Jon Osterweil, DJPaling, Ken Blake. I can’t really thank myself for DJ’ing but I can say thanks for the positive feedback about the ‘Piano and Sax’ set.

Thanks to those who have helped Judith and I learn how to dance… Penny from CEROC Leamington, Debbie Attwood (CEROC Worcester/Bossa Nova/UTOPIA Evesham – Debs you do so much to help people and also to keep your good dancers….so much to thank you for - generally as well as for the evening – great Beginners Blues class you did! - you’re brilliant!)…Coralie Green from JivePLus whose workshops draw in superb teachers from all over the country and have helped us improve so much)… Franck and Sheena (who couldn’t be there but who are very dear to us….. Lorna from CEROC Scotland (who in a 5 minute ‘off-to-one-side’ lesson in Brechin completely transformed the way I danced…), Marc and Rachel whose Cuban Blues got us into the whole Blues thing….. we want to thank you all.

Thanks for those who spent nearly 2 days setting the place up, and those who helped put it all away again on Saturday!

Thanks to everyone who came and brought food, … and who made the atmosphere so friendly, including the staff of the venue itself who were great. A lot of you have commented on the pleasantness of the staff – I’ll pass this on to the venue owner and manager.

We will let you know how much was raised once it has all been counted etc.

Given the feedback we’ve received we will almost certainly be looking to do something like this again.

Although any future event is unlikely to make a lot of money for the charities due to the expense of hiring the venue, there is nothing to stop 300 dancers getting together for a great non-profit making Dance Party and giving any surplus to charity, so we will probably do that. Watch this space for future dates. We’re thinking Sep/Oct/Nov time. Please let us know any dates that would clash with major events.

Once again, thanks to everyone!

Morris and Judith

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    ... personally I would have liked CJ on last, but hey it was your party...........cheeky mare I know.
    Yeah... cheeky mare....I know!

When you celebrate your 70th Birthday next year you can REVerse the order and DROP me in first then?!

PS missed not having a dance with you.... ... you'll have to make it up to me some other time!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Easily Led View Post
    My only regret was that I didn't get to dance with Morris on his birthday - I think he was a bit busy! This was a shame on 2 counts because I love to dance with DJs and because I have had one of my best ever dances with him previously (to a Madonna track ). Perhaps this could happen again one day!
    Sincere apologies to all those Judith and I didn't get a chance to dance with! As you say, it was a bit busy!

Will try to catch you (literally and metaphorically!), EL, at another venue in the near future.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nessiemonster View Post
    Love the idea of a charity event. (But if you can make it on a Saturday that would make it easier for me to attend without having to use up more annual leave... )
    Thanks for coming all that way!!

Point about Saturday noted! We chose the Friday coz Friday 20th March was actually the day of my 50th. Not tied to Fridays necessarily for the future but I'll need to check with the venue...

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Isis View Post
    It was even worth a 650 mile round trip!.....Unortunately I couldn't drag myself out of the main room and couldn't get round to dancing with everyone I wanted to. I missed dancing with Morris ......
    Thanks for coming so far!!

Really sorry I didn't get to dance with you!! Hunt me down next time!

PS are you sure you're not confusing Poi Boi with me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Revdrop View Post
    PS are you sure you're not confusing Poi Boi with me?!
    How could I possibly confuse the two of you? You're waaay more gorgeous

(for a man your age )

Thread Information