Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revdrop and Judith's Joint 50th Birthday Dance Celebration - Fri 20th March 7pm-3am.

Re: Revdrop and Judith's Joint 50th Birthday Dance Celebration - Fri 20th March 7pm-3

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    Lets hope we get lots of high kicks from Jive Crazy
    Or the piroettes! Practice makes perfect!

SparklesToes is that my challet mate?
    Yep!

Re: Revdrop and Judith's Joint 50th Birthday Dance Celebration - Fri 20th March 7pm-3

Quote Originally Posted by Steven666 View Post
    Or the piroettes! Practice makes perfect!

Yep!

the question is can he tripple step I think there is some one who would defiantly benefit from a dance with him.

well it would be and experience, I would love to watch

the question is can he tripple step I think there is some one who would defiantly benefit from a dance with him.

well it would be and experience, I would love to watch
    This someone will have to clean of the skidmarks first!

Commercial Operator

Don't forget to e-mail me on mrodham@googlemail.com if you want to come! I need first name and surname... can't have just forum names, I'm afraid! I will also need to send everyone further details nearer the time.

Bookings (numbers and quality!) are looking really good!

can't wait!!!

Sounds like an awesome night! Expect an email soon! It's one long trip, but sounds so worth it!

There is a travel lodge just round the corner from the venue which may be worth a look if you're traveling very far x

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_a...p?hotel_id=143

Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boi View Post
    Sounds like an awesome night! Expect an email soon! It's one long trip, but sounds so worth it!
    Long trip is of course a relative term...
    See you there!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander View Post
    can't wait!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessiemonster View Post
    Long trip is of course a relative term...
    See you there!
    Really honoured that you guys are coming all the way from Scotland!!

Really wish Fiona and I could come down to see you both, but I don't think that the new job in aberdeen would be terribly happy if I took time off only three weeks into it... Hope you both have a great night, and happy birthday in advance!

What a fabulous way to celebrate your birthdays! 50 is the new 30 by the way!!!

I'll check with 'Im and if we can make it, will email you.

Elaine

Thanks for the invite! I've emailed you to say I'll be coming, really looking forward to it.

Hopefully see you all there .

I may be on my own now Morris and Judith, but I'll still be there Thanks for the invite!

Commercial Operator

Bookings have come in very well.

We're virtually full now.

Ladies I'm afraid will have to go on a waiting list from now on.

There are a few (but only a few!) places left for men.

Some-one has booked a room at the Travelodge on Saturday night as well as Friday but doesn't need the Saturday night now. If anyone fancies it (£42) PM me and I'll give you the details.

6 different DJs across the 3 rooms... all confirmed.... going to be great!

What a wonderful night and thank you for inviting me Morris and Judith, I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

The venue was truly awesome, properly one of the most 'lush' venues I've been to, i'm not sure if hiring the venue for a normal free style would make economical sense, it was fab.

The guy on the light did a terrific job, I was very impressed, I think he got board or was experimenting but we found ourselves dancing under a spot light a couple of times.

It was nice to see so many pleople had made an effort with the food, if you find a round glass bowl its my 'Jelly dish'

Joe loved the 'WII'

Really nice to meet isis for the first time, fab dancing with Passion Harem, Nessiemonster we did get to chat much. It was quite a who's who fab dances 'ant'

Music I know most people will go wow the music, and i'm not saying it wasn't good it was 'to good' if you know what I mean, every track was 'that inspirational' track, I like a bit of pop's stuff in between, and personally I would have liked CJ on last, but hey it was your party...........cheeky mare I know.

I do need to say CJ thank you for the 'snake' and 'pump it'

'the passenger' WOW WOW WOW OMG loved it.

I hope you collected 'loads a money' for your causes they were very well chosen, sorry to hear about Judith's dad, and alcohol rebilitation is very close to my heart.

I'm up for September

Echoing what Fletch has said, I had an absolutely brilliant night at Leamington.

Thanks to Liz McCaig for being my driver for the evening. About 90 minutes from home for me so not too far but I was happy to be driven home at the end since I'm normally duty driver.

Although we had 3 rooms available for dancing I never ventured outside the main room, so strangely for me the blues room last night remained unexplored. That was entirely due to the fact that the main room music just had to be danced to - lots of tracks to play with and demanding the sort of expressive dancing that is normally the preserve of the blues room.

Right from the start with Ian 'Lord' Selby, through CJ's Mariachi set and then up to the bitter end with Morris himself the music just kept serving up inspiration, and there were long stretches where I simply didn't want to get off the dance floor. Even when I did try to get off for a drink or a towel the ladies on the floor often stopped my woossy need for creature comforts in its tracks and made sure I danced to the maximum.

The main room in the venue was superb (I'll have to leave it to others to talk about other rooms). Fletch has mentioned the spotlight already, but for a tall room this professional lighting really helped set up an ambiance early on. The sound system was very well balanced as well, meaning that I could hear all of the nuances in the music giving lots more ammunition for playing around.

The quality of dancing I experienced was very high. I had the pleasure of dancing with many new partners that I'll make sure I dance with again. From the Forum it was lovely to dance with Isis and Nessiemonster for the first time - ladies hope to see you next month at Red Hot and Blue. There were others but I can't remember the names - old age and exhaustion I'm afraid. At the same time it was good to dance with some of my more regular partners who were all in a playful mood (including 9 very full minutes on one track with Twirlie Bird that left an old guy completely drained). I still didn't manage to get dances with everyone I wanted to though, I'd have probably needed another 7 hours to have managed that and that would have meant my poor knees would have siezed up completely.

So all in all an outstanding night and thanks to Judith and Morris for putting it on and allowing me to be part of it.

Agent 000
    Licensed to Dance
    Last edited by Agente Secreto; 21st-March-2009 at 11:39 AM.

I'le add some more sensible comments later when I can actually focus properly, but I had a great night, if possibly one of the most bizarre music wise I've ever had. At first I didn't know what to make of the Mariarchi stuff, and the contrast between the slow tones of one track, to the full tempo sounds of a rock song. Truely bizarre, but really, very enjoyable!

More later, my brain is currently feeling like it weighs a ton.

Well I had a great night. I really think I am now a convert to Mariachi - so for CJ for selecting some really interesting tracks including quite a few that were new to me. While we are on the subject of the music, I also thought Rev Drop's "tracks featuring piano and sax" set was inspired.

The venue was everything I expected and more. I also have to say that the staff were very friendly and helpful. I even manged to gain access to Tammmy Wynette's touring caravan which was a feature of one of the rooms. Although there were 3 rooms for dancing plus a large chill out space I spent most of my time in the main room because the music in there was just so good (not to mention the standard of dancer).

Heaps of my favourite dancers were there. I didn't have a less than enjoyable dance all night and had several "Wow!" dances. Not going to mention everyone but must give a special mention to a couple of great new forum discoveries for me, Nessie Monster and Georgious Dancer (you were both fabulous). Other especially memorable dances included Coralie from Jive Plus and Maja (of course). There were other great dances with people who's names I don't know or have already forgotten (sorry). Still missed one or two I wanted to dance with in spite of being on the floor more or less non stop from 8:30pm until 2:20am when aching limbs forced me to finally retire.

Huge thank you to Rev Drop and Judith for all the effort they put into to making this a truly memorable event. I really hope it wont be the last time this venue is used - if you do organise a charity event there later in the year I will most certainly try to be there.

So fired up am I by last night I that I will very likely go to Mariachi part 2 at Jive plus Oxford on Sunday night - would that make me almost hard core?

Morris and Judith, what a Fantastic Night I had 6 hours of fabulous dancing, the Venue was breathtaking. the Music was challanging to say the least and with the quality dancers that were on hand to make it all come together an event that will be remembered for a Loooooooooooong time (ps I am definatley on the List if you do a charity dance later in the year). Judith thank you for that lovely dance in the Blues room, my first and definatly not my last.

am now going to try get some sleep as have another nights dancing ahead of me, Again Thank you Morris & Judith for a most memorable evening.

Thread Information