Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoe / Clothing Stalls at Events

Re: Shoe / Clothing Stalls at Events

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Jay View Post
    I look up to 5.2 ... try being 4.10......and a half

Does anybody else see my vision of a surreal new version of that classic comedy sketch by John Cleese, Ronnie Barker & Ronnie Corbett starring Koska, Trouble & Jay Jay ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    awwww so cute.

i would love a bra that was all glittery in a lovely black top with a dropped front on. Have not found it anywhere and have even considered making my own. DD+ made her own i think.

Anyway sod E cup i need an F cup and sis needs a Z cup. <grin> <wink> <wink>
    I did indeed - bought a bikini top that looked like a bra and diamonted the cups - for those that know me you can understand when i say it took forever to stick thousands of stones on to rather large cups but the overall effect was pretty good in the end

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

It's not juct clothes and shoes that should be sold there either.

What would happen if you snapped a pair of laces?

One seller once (cant remember where it was) had soles, glue and even shoe paint available. Sellers need to cover this aspect. Claire (Laughalot Bear) ripped her sole and had to wait till we got to a Nottingham dance shoe shop before we could get replacement soles and glue.

Just as a side note, I have always used hevenly shoes which have lasted for ages and always provided comfort. This weekend I wore a pair of Standout Dancewear shoes and found my feet hurting by Friday night and the shoes falling apart by Sunday.

With dance shoes I think like most things, you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by jivecat View Post
    They stock clothes for skinny giantesses. Most of those trousers would have been dragging on the floor on me.
    Same here. And I find that even the small dance wear clothing often is still too big for me! Though I have always managed to get something from the DM stall at JA weekenders - dresses, tops and even a pair of trousers (they had one style that was just a bit smaller in terms of length!) and I usually budget to do a bit of shopping when there.

And as for dance shoes... well I have been known to buy a pair occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

And as for dance shoes... well I have been known to buy a pair occasionally.
    Really?

and for us guys who are over 6ft tall...quite a few of us have feet to match the height....how about shoes that are size 11 1/2 - 12 ish

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Same here. And I find that even the small dance wear clothing often is still too big for me!
    i have completely the opposite problem
    i tried on a large shirt at the stand out dancewear stand
    i am obviously not L but FB size
    actually i am glad it didnt fit i later found out the price and choked

My size 10 at-a-push friend was itching to get her credit card out at Swish and subsequently bought a lovely dress - the label on it was M/L. I didn't even bother going in to the shop to look around. My size label would have had to have an awful lot of kisses on it or be branded as a well-known lager - how demoralising .

Quote Originally Posted by DD+ View Post
    I did indeed - bought a bikini top that looked like a bra and diamonted the cups - for those that know me you can understand when i say it took forever to stick thousands of stones on to rather large cups but the overall effect was pretty good in the end

Fancy doing one for me?!

My friend did that with sequins. Her bra looked AMAZING - but she sewed each one on individually and it took 15 hours!

Still......as the man asked.........where are the gentlemen to go?

For those guys that are interested Dean is planning to have his men's wear stuff at June Eclipse - and apparently not just the shirts!!

I work in a dance shop, so all my shoes are cheap anyway! But putting that aside, itsnto s much the shops fault but the manufacturers. I know my boss is constantly asking fo rthe nicer shoes to be made wider, with lower heels and mor selection for the men! The manufacturers just won't.They look at what the masses buy, not just the UK market eiter, and thats what they go with.As for menswear, it doesn't matter type of dancing men do the choice is appaling.She gets items made up to her own designs , but it works out more expensive.And yes the ladieswear eems to be based on petitie ballerinas! I have just seen some of the new lines though and it does look like they are getting better though. Plus I get to be the guinea pig with them all.

Quote Originally Posted by latindiva View Post
    I work in a dance shop, so all my shoes are cheap anyway! But putting that aside, itsnto s much the shops fault but the manufacturers. I know my boss is constantly asking fo rthe nicer shoes to be made wider, with lower heels and mor selection for the men! The manufacturers just won't.They look at what the masses buy, not just the UK market eiter, and thats what they go with.As for menswear, it doesn't matter type of dancing men do the choice is appaling.She gets items made up to her own designs , but it works out more expensive.And yes the ladieswear eems to be based on petitie ballerinas! I have just seen some of the new lines though and it does look like they are getting better though. Plus I get to be the guinea pig with them all.
    Welcome to the forum, Latindiva.

Thanks for the insider information - I've heard similar things from people who deal with argentinian tango shoe makers. I guess if they're selling the shoes they see no reason to make changes as it would cost them more.

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by latindiva View Post
    The manufacturers just won't.They look at what the masses buy, not just the UK market eiter, and thats what they go with.
    To ask a (perhaps) naive question - where do they get this information from? How can they judge the extent of a market for which there are so few existing products? The market can hardly go for what doesn't exist...

Or are they simply making assumptions?

Did anyone shop at Balca's clothing emporium at Camber last w/e? From what I understand she now has much more in the way of mens clothing and is also going up to a size 18 in certain clothing lines for ladies - would be interesting to know of people's experiences. I'm assuming the same will be on offer at SP next w/e.

Thread Information