Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy theories

Conspiracy theories

Moved from the Obama thread - David

I thought there was a reason why they insisted upon Barak Obama re-affirming his oath of office in an act they described as using 'an abundance of caution' (I think they even said it was to avoid conspiracy theorists making the most of the original slip ups).

Now here we've been given what must be the consiparacy theory to end all conspiracy theories, quote:
    "I dont trust the americans after the twin towers as i am a strong believer that this was self done to enable financial gain."

I once met a girl who told me she didn't like or didn't trust people from countries such as Mexico, or Puerto Rico (thus Mexicans and Puerto Ricans), because when called by their nationalities the words ended in "ans" or she justified her stance that way at least, but living close to a US air base in Lincolnshire she had no trouble dating Americans and hadn't realised her faut pas!

We are all allowed to talk nonesense aren't we at times, or likely to do so as our marbles start to go missing so perhaps we should just move on and enjoy the moment of craziness (as I think Russell Brand once said when interviewing David Icke on his now defunct radio two show).
    Last edited by David Bailey; 9th-February-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Obama still gives me the creeps

Quote Originally Posted by grahamg View Post
    Now here we've been given what must be the consiparacy theory to end all conspiracy theories, quote:
    "I dont trust the americans after the twin towers as i am a strong believer that this was self done to enable financial gain."

What? Doesn't everyone think that ?

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    my theory is not something i just made up because my marbles are going missing or im talking nonsense. The twin towers has lots of theories behind it and mine is just one of them and its a well known theory that a lot of people think or believe has happened.

Attachment 10135
    Last edited by JiveLad; 3rd-August-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Your stupid comment is not remotely connected to mine. My theory is not something i just made up because my marbles are going missing or im talking nonsense. The twin towers has lots of theories behind it and mine is just one of them and its a well known theory that a lot of people think or believe has happened.

When i say the Americans, i dont mean the poeple i mean the president and his principles.
    Conspiracy theories abound don't they. Do you remember the one about moon landing all being staged and no one ever having reached the moon? That one may still be doing the rounds but I think it got scotched when it was pointed out that since the early seventies laser beams have been sent from earth to be reflected by equipment left on the moon by one of the maned missions in order to measure accurately the distance between the earth and the moon (which just happens to vary giving scientists valuable information).

The trouble is not every conspiracy theory can be countered in this way, though why Bin laden and his cohorts wouldn't wish to disassociate themselves from responsibility for the Twin Towers attack if the circumstances were as you suggested I await your explanation.

I enjoyed the 'newspaper' report on heroic deeds by Ceroc Dancer very much and I hope you did too.

Do you remember the one about moon landing all being staged and no one ever having reached the moon?
    Remember it? You make it sound like it's a conspiracy that's been proved wrong.

it was pointed out that since the early seventies laser beams have been sent from earth to be reflected by equipment left on the moon by one of the maned missions in order to measure accurately the distance between the earth and the moon (which just happens to vary giving scientists valuable information).
    That's what they want you to believe.

By the way - it's also been scientifically proven that it's impossible for any human to have travelled to the moon and back (in the 60's anyway) without being cremated.

There are lots of evidence for and against the moon landings conspiracy. For me it's similar to my religious beliefs. I'll believe it when I see it for my own eyes.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Remember it? You make it sound like it's a conspiracy that's been proved wrong.
    Heh, I knew that comment'd bring out your loony instincts...

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Plus the planets were in the wrong places for it to be a bona fide film.
    according to my astrologer, without Jupiter in the ascendant, they didn't have the slightest hope of making it.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    according to my astrologer, without Jupiter in the ascendant, they didn't have the slightest hope of making it.
    It was a piece in a national newspaper I or 2 years ago.

Astronomers (not astrologers) has looked at the stars in the background and pronounced that the stars could not have been in those positions if the film was filmed on the moon.

This week on the news they said Barack Obama has done more for World Peace in his first week of presidency than Bush did in 8 years.

There are lots of evidence for and against the moon landings conspiracy. For me it's similar to my religious beliefs. I'll believe it when I see it for my own eyes.
    That'll be a bit late for religious matters, won't it?

Plus, it means you reject an awful lot that the rest of us have now taken for granted. I conclude you don't believe in the existence of any part of the world you haven't visited?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    I conclude you don't believe in the existence of any part of the world you haven't visited?
    I am not disputing that astronauts have landed on the moon.

I am disputing the validity of the spurious claim made by the USA that they landed on the moon in 1961.

The Russians landed soon after that date, and that was probably real, not heard of a conspiracy theory about that landing.

The point is, that the USA knew the Russians planned a moon landing, and not wanting the Russians to get their first, (remember the cold war?) the Yanks filmed what looked to the lay man like a moon landing, but it was filmed on planet earth I'm afraid, Barry.

It was a piece in a national newspaper I or 2 years ago.

Astronomers (not astrologers) has looked at the stars in the background and pronounced that the stars could not have been in those positions if the film was filmed on the moon...
    Link?

Others have claimed it was a fake because no stars could be seen in the background of some other photos. (Which was because the exposure on those photos had to be very short in order not to white out the foreground.)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    Link?
    Too many links to choose from - I thought these points were interesting though.

9 SPACE ODDITIES:

1. Apollo 14 astronaut Allen Shepard played golf on the Moon. In front of a worldwide TV audience, Mission Control teased him about slicing the ball to the right. Yet a slice is caused by uneven air flow over the ball. The Moon has no atmosphere and no air.

2. A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Landerlifting off the Moon. Who did the filming?

3. One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?

4. The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints.

5. The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The PR would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares.

6. Text from pictures in the article said that only two men walked on the Moon during the Apollo 12 mission. Yet the astronaut reflected in the visor has no camera. Who took the shot?

7. The flags shadow goes behind the rock so doesn't match the dark line in the foreground, which looks like a line cord. So the shadow to the lower right of the spaceman must be the flag. Where is his shadow? And why is the flag fluttering if there is no air or wind on the moon?

8. How can the flag be brightly lit when its side is to the light? And where, in all of these shots, are the stars?

9. The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust. The powerful booster rocket at the base of the Lunar Lander was fired to slow descent to the moons service. Yet it has left no traces of blasting on the dust underneath. It should have created a small crater, yet the booster looks like it's never been fired.

If anyone can give me logical and reasonable explanations as to the above oddities, I'm listening.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If anyone can give me logical and reasonable explanations as to the above oddities, I'm listening.
    They're not oddities, they're misconceptions.

And I'm not going to argue with a conspiracy-theorist nutter, it's like trying to debate faith. No matter what evidence you're presented with, you'll continue to Believe What You Believe, because you want to believe it.

It's the same with Holocaust deniers, or for that matter Diana conspiracy nuts - they're nuts, and you can't persuade people like that because they'll always attack the evidence that disagrees with their point of view, whilst uncomplainingly accepting the evidence that agrees with their loony beliefs.

In short, if you seriously think the moon landings were all faked as part of a Giant Government Conspiracy, you're nuts.

3. One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?

This is an interesting one...

Would it be a picture robot thingy, that they sent out first to photo it?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post

This is an interesting one...

Would it be a picture robot thingy, that they sent out first to photo it?
    Nope. The photo wasn't of Neil Armstrong; it was of Buzz Aldrin. Neil Armstrong was the one who took the photo. There is quite a cool image of Neil Armstrong, extracted from the reflection in the visor.

All of those points are easily refuted (it is exactly the same as the evolution/creation arguments: the creationist arguments that 'disprove' evolution have all been refuted, but continue to be repeated because people are unable to reconcile the science with their beliefs, so that attack the science rather than reexamining their beliefs). But it's not worth refuting the points because:
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    ... you can't persuade people like that because they'll always attack the evidence that disagrees with their point of view, whilst uncomplainingly accepting the evidence that agrees with their loony beliefs.

In short, if you seriously think the moon landings were all faked as part of a Giant Government Conspiracy, you're nuts.

Link?

Others have claimed it was a fake because no stars could be seen in the background of some other photos. (Which was because the exposure on those photos had to be very short in order not to white out the foreground.)
    No don't have a link. The moon is a star though, not a planet.

What about the other Conspiracy Theory concerning the Moon that there is a colony of rich people with second homes on the moon since the 60's?

In case of a nuclear attack all the 'important' people would rocket up to the moon for safety.

Pink Floyds album 'Dark side of the Moon' refered to this.

Blog Entries

The moon is a star though, not a planet.
    Errr, it's a moon actually, I can't think where they got the name for it from though...

It could even be called a satellite, but by no stretch of the imagination could it be called a star.

What about the other Conspiracy Theory concerning the Moon that there is a colony of rich people with second homes on the moon since the 60's?

In case of a nuclear attack all the 'important' people would rocket up to the moon for safety.
    This one is easily explained, see the link below

http://www.mooneymooneyrealestate.com.au/

when people were talking about mooney mooney (as in, "in case of world trouble, I have a lovely little second home in mooney mooney"), others thought they were using a cute word for "the moon" where in fact, they were really refering to wonderful real estate, in a place where noone would think of nuking.

Too many links to choose from - I thought these points were interesting though.

9 SPACE ODDITIES:

1. Apollo 14 astronaut Allen Shepard played golf on the Moon. In front of a worldwide TV audience, Mission Control teased him about slicing the ball to the right. Yet a slice is caused by uneven air flow over the ball. The Moon has no atmosphere and no air.

2. A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Landerlifting off the Moon. Who did the filming?

4. The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints.

5. The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The PR would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares.

6. Text from pictures in the article said that only two men walked on the Moon during the Apollo 12 mission. Yet the astronaut reflected in the visor has no camera. Who took the shot?

7. The flags shadow goes behind the rock so doesn't match the dark line in the foreground, which looks like a line cord. So the shadow to the lower right of the spaceman must be the flag. Where is his shadow? And why is the flag fluttering if there is no air or wind on the moon?

8. How can the flag be brightly lit when its side is to the light? And where, in all of these shots, are the stars?

9. The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust. The powerful booster rocket at the base of the Lunar Lander was fired to slow descent to the moons service. Yet it has left no traces of blasting on the dust underneath. It should have created a small crater, yet the booster looks like it's never been fired.

1) Slicing a golf ball means not hitting it square on. If there is an video of the ball curving in a non vertical direction please post a link.
    2) Robot camera.
    3) Robot camera, or they lied about him being first. (showmanship)
    4) The pressure inside a football is greater than the Earth's atmosphere. Why would they subject an astronaut to that? The pressure difference probably was greater, but their suits have to be designed to cope with that. They are less like a football, more like a suit of armour.
    5) Duuh. Magnesium burns in Oxygen.
    6) Robot camera
    7) The photos seem to have been taken with a wide angle lens which distorts distance and perspective. Hence shadows obviously in different directions. There are only single shadows because there is only one major light source, the sun. (There is also earth light, which is much more diffuse, but much more powerful than moonlight, and reflected light from the moons surface and a nice shiny moon lander, which accounts for other alleged anomalies.)

8) The stars are in the sky. The sunlight on the moon is not diminished by an atmosphere, it is very bright. Exposure times have to be too short to show the stars. Look at some pictures of the moon taken from the earth through telescopes. They often do not show stars either because the exposure time is too low. I tried looking for a .bmp piccy to see if I could enhance to reveal the stars, but all I found were jpeg's, which eliminate what cannot be seen.

9) Link? which picture are we talking about? What dust? It would have all been blown away by the rockets to expose some form of solid, or near solid surface. It would have been suicide to try and land in an area with deep dust.

Have you changed your mind? I think not.

Have you changed your mind? I think not.
    For Gawd sakes! I have an open mind, I don't need it changing. Like I said, I'm listening to all possibility...like this one, for example.

Thread Information