Thread: Ya think?

Ya think?

So, I'm standing and watching the dancing this evening, and there is a couple doing some tango moves. I turn to the guy next to me and say (cos, as everyone kno, I am a witty bloke) "D'you think that bloke knows his partner is polishing her shoes on his trousers?"

Said guy turns to me and says: "No, it's tango - they're dancing tango."

Re: Ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shnikov View Post
    So, I'm standing and watching the dancing this evening, and there is a couple doing some tango moves. I turn to the guy next to me and say (cos, as everyone kno, I am a witty bloke) "D'you think that bloke knows his partner is polishing her shoes on his trousers?"

lol! Don't you just love those "wooooosh!" moments?

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive View Post
    lol! Don't you just love those "wooooosh!" moments?
    Not always. I was once listening to the host at a party I attended, giving me the blow by blow account of all the various accidents his cat had (barely) survived - the last of which had cost the poor thing one hind leg and its tail - and what those accidents had cost his insurance company. Feeling that the 'Is he called "Lucky"?" joke wasn't going to be well received, I merely commented that I assumed the cat had lost its no-claims bonus, only to have him explain in depth why it was not possible to obtain a no-claims bonus on a household pet. Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat View Post
    Not always. I was once listening to the host at a party I attended, giving me the blow by blow account of all the various accidents his cat had (barely) survived - the last of which had cost the poor thing one hind leg and its tail - and what those accidents had cost his insurance company. Feeling that the 'Is he called "Lucky"?" joke wasn't going to be well received, I merely commented that I assumed the cat had lost its no-claims bonus, only to have him explain in depth why it was not possible to obtain a no-claims bonus on a household pet. Hmmm.
    Purrfect example

I always tell the guys that I’m polishing my shoes on their nice clean trousers, trouble is it’s always the same shoe so my conclusion is it’s a dance that suits a one legged dancer more

I made the mistake of telling a cashier that I had a complaint. "It says these are man size tissues, well I'm this big, and they are only this big." In a panic she said she'd call the manager ...

A motorist stopped and asked me for directions to Cedar Rd. It was 50 yard behind him. I said "You don't have to go anywhere, you can see da road from here." He said very funny, and drove off with me vainly pointing the way.

Surely you know the average dancer has no personality, no sense of humour or irony? I'm only surprised you bothered to try to make a funny in the first place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    I made the mistake of telling a cashier that I had a complaint. "It says these are man size tissues, well I'm this big, and they are only this big." In a panic she said she'd call the manager ...

A motorist stopped and asked me for directions to Cedar Rd. It was 50 yard behind him. I said "You don't have to go anywhere, you can see da road from here." He said very funny, and drove off with me vainly pointing the way.
    I bet your family and friends love being seen out with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Surely you know the average dancer has no personality, no sense of humour or irony? I'm only surprised you bothered to try to make a funny in the first place.
    The average dancer (by which I mean the mode average) doesn't dance very well either...}sigh{

Thread Information