Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pontins Investing £50m (the future of Camber & Southport)

Re: Pontins Investing £50m (the future of Camber & Southport)

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Actually, the school 'Chess championships' are held at Camber each year (my kids school used to have a team).. I wonder if they'll be axed too?

It does seem such a shame that the minute the place is done up, to a standard we'd all like, we won't be able to go any more
    Has the introduction of WCS at weekender events got anything to do with it ?

My kittens need to know.

Not good

Viva Las Vegas has been cancelled .............

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M View Post
    Viva Las Vegas has been cancelled .............
    I got a message through facebook saying that Viva Las Vegas has been cancelled, but why did he also put a message through saying that the Champs (2010) had been cancelled - it's a bit late for that!

I wasn't even aware that I was a member of a FB group for VLV 2011

And just these two, none of the others, sent just before 2am this morning...

I was also under the impression that the administrators were keeping the place running as per normal, and that no redundancies had been announced (at least that is what they said on radio 4 last night), so am not sure why things would be cancelled right now anyway, since I'd have thought that discussions would need to take place.

All very strange...

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    I got a message through facebook saying that Viva Las Vegas has been cancelled
    I got this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    I got this
    Was that Scorch 2010 though? I don't remember a 2011 event being on facebook.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi View Post
    Was that Scorch 2010 though? I don't remember a 2011 event being on facebook.
    Ahh, it could be, when I clicked on it.. it just said, 'this event has been cancelled' but no date was mentioned.

It just seems a bit of a coincidence, when added to the other stuff flying about

BUT, you're right, one shouldn't jump to conclusions
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I've not done Scorch for a couple of years, so that makes sense - but what about Storm? That comes before Viva, but the bookings are already open... that might be the key.

Maybe if you've been a member of a FB group for an event in 2010 you're getting a message about 2011? Still doesn't explain the champs one though, as that clearly said 2010, and is nothing to do with Pontins.

Just checked the Escape website, and there is nothing on there about cancellations. Sadly, looks as though we're too late to book a female only chalet for Storm though

Blog Entries

I've not done Scorch for a couple of years, so that makes sense - but what about Storm?
    I'm already booked for Storm, so I hope its not cancelled

I suppose we'll have to wait till after tomorrow, when 'customers' (I presume they mean customers like Ceroc and not Joe Bloggs? ) can ring and get the full low down

Quoted from the website below
    The administrators have set up a helpline number for customers, which will be open from Monday 15 November. It is 0844 576 8481.

Quote Originally Posted by philsmove View Post

Commercial Operator
    Blog Entries

If you cancell an event on FB, for whatever reason (like maybe you don't want to be the owner of the event anymore, or want to re-do the event, or have accidently made a duplicate) everyone who was invited in to the group will get a notification to say it has been cancelled.

I wouldn't panic, Im sure we would all get an official message from Ceroc before geting a facebook event cancellation notification.

The Dashing Moderator

I don't think you were.

I reckon it's because they wanted to close the FB "Ceroc Official" *Group* and encouraging people towards the Ceroc Official *Page* (in FB terminology).
    So from
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5890148315&v=wall
    to
    http://www.facebook.com/CerocOfficial

You can see that everything has been taken off the first one except redirects to the second one. I think this includes deleting all the old events we've added ourselves to over the years.

He's picked an interesting day to do it though...

Edit: to what Lee said.
    Love dance, will travel

Some official reassurance from Ceroc confirming that all the events currently open for booking will definitely go ahead would be helpful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    Some official reassurance from Ceroc confirming that all the events currently open for booking will definitely go ahead would be helpful.
    The Blush Page has just been updated to include this..

I got a message through facebook saying that Viva Las Vegas has been cancelled, but why did he also put a message through saying that the Champs (2010) had been cancelled - it's a bit late for that!

You're confused?? heck my dear I got a message too.. me? of all people?!

Mind you I do also get infrequent emails about closures/substitutions etc to different venues in Scotland that, to the best of my knowledge, I've NEVER been to !

Starts whistling "Hotel California"

Blog Entries

It says the same for Storm (Camber in March) but slightly different for Camber in a couple of weeks..

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    The news article does say:
    The company runs five parks, all of which will keep trading as normal, KPMG added. No redundancies have been made among Pontin's 850 staff.
    Both of which suggest that KPMG are going to try and trade Pontins out of debt. Administration simply means that the current owners were not able to meet their debt obligations to creditors (quite possibly debt incurred for the investment this thread was originally about). If they continue to operate, then customers bring in revenue; if they don't then anyone who's paid for services not provided becomes another creditor.

This may change (if the revenue coming in is less than the expenses going out and this can't be easily changed). Then they may instead look to sell the assets to repay the debts. Even if that does happen, if they sell the parks as a going concern, then the current bookings are part of the asset. If not, then anyone who's paid a deposit would be a creditor (albeit low on the list of priorities).

At this stage, I'd probably not make any more bookings for new weekenders, but I'd be less worried about the upcoming ones. Until we hear more from them.

This paragraph is mostly guesswork, so may be completely wrong, but if KPMG do chose close the parks, then Ceroc will become a creditor to KPMG and Ceroc will be expected to repay anyone who's paid them for the event. Ceroc probably has some sort of commercial insurance against this sort of eventuality.

The customer will be the person who has the booking with Pontins - for the weekender, that is Ceroc.

It could be worse - I've just found out I have to be at a meeting in Sydney on Thursday and then a couple of days in NZ before getting home at 11am on Thursday; Friday, I go to Storm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by geoff332 View Post
    The news article does say:Both of which suggest that KPMG are going to try and trade Pontins out of debt. Administration simply means that the current owners were not able to meet their debt obligations to creditors (quite possibly debt incurred for the investment this thread was originally about). If they continue to operate, then customers bring in revenue;
    Hmm, when put like that, it might actually good news for Ceroc (and other weekender events held at Pontins)

Before, at best we had till the end of 2011, until the redevelopment took place and that was that.

But now, if they're looking at alternative idea's again, the weekender market 'could' be reconsidered, as its a definite source of revenue?

Just had an email from Ceroc Escape telling me everything's fine and dandy - nice that they sent something out so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by cederic View Post
    Just had an email from Ceroc Escape telling me everything's fine and dandy - nice that they sent something out so quickly.
    I think they are referring to the events that have bookings (Bliss, Storm & Blush)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Thread Information