Thread: 6th Feb Sara White

6th Feb Sara White

After the last event and how everyone was raving about it on here I’ve decide to pop along and have a little look, I think its going to be a blues night. I had a few people tell me the date so I’ve marked it my phones diary as this coming Friday, but I didn’t put down the address. I was just wondering if someone knows the address as well as the start and finish times or even a webpage where I can get it. Thank you.

The other thing is I was just wondering is how many others on here will be going?

kps

Re: 6th Feb Sara White

Bearing in mind the fact that we shouldn't really use the forum to advertise events I've PM'd you with some details. Hopefully see you there

Agent 000
    Licensed to Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Agente Secreto View Post
    Bearing in mind the fact that we shouldn't really use the forum to advertise events I've PM'd you with some details. Hopefully see you there

Agent 000
    Licensed to Dance
    I think as KPS had asked and he has nothing to do with the event it would have been alright to have added a weblink

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    I think as KPS had asked and he has nothing to do with the event it would have been alright to have added a weblink
    Unfortunately it is easy to abuse the forum rules. I would not like to have to decide where the boundaries should be.

In this case the original poster could have sought this info in a PM, or by doing a web search:
    http://www.dogpile.co.uk/dogpileuk/w...=uk-only_oando

This would have returned the sought info in the top 4 hits. As a bonus it would have shown the UK-jive site which has a large list of MJ organisations and events. www.modernjive.com also has a massive list. Major kudos to the sites that provide events listings, like www.lyndaslist.com for the SE . It involves more and more work as MJ expands.

A mean-minded moderator might have thought posting here unecessary.

OTOH the generousity and open mindness of Franck's forum is one of the reasons for its massive popularity.

UK-Jive and Modernjive are the site I use myself for info - kps good ones to bookmark.

As to who is going where we have the regular weekly thread for that, in this case http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/s...727#post530727. The even in question already merits a mention on this thread.

What can I say - as I get older I find myself erring on the side of caution more often, especially since I used to be part of Sara's team.

Agent 000 (maybe now too cautious to merit the double-0 number!)
    Licensed to Dance

this is a debate as most know i can get myself into trouble with lol
    not going there now though
    as i understood the rules if KPS asks a question anyone can answer it including venue owners or crew
    i know kps he hasnt ever even been to one of sara whites dances and was merely asking a question in an open forum trying o keep within the rules

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post
    this is a debate as most know i can get myself into trouble with lol
    not going there now though
    as i understood the rules if KPS asks a question anyone can answer it including venue owners or crew
    i know kps he hasnt ever even been to one of sara whites dances and was merely asking a question in an open forum trying o keep within the rules
    I have no problem with kps asking the question and I have enjoyed every Jivenites event that I have been to.

I am just interested in how the MJ scene works, and how it could be made to work better. How the word is spread is a big part of those considerations.
    Last edited by bigdjiver; 1st-February-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Thank you all for replying and to all those that also PM’ed me, I’m still fairly new on here and didn’t realise that it seems you can’t post about other events or is it just non ceroc events, I’m still a little confused about that. Anyway thanks again and those website look very useful and are about to be book marked.

kev

Quote Originally Posted by kps View Post
    Thank you all for replying and to all those that also PM’ed me, I’m still fairly new on here and didn’t realise that it seems you can’t post about other events or is it just non ceroc events, I’m still a little confused about that. Anyway thanks again and those website look very useful and are about to be book marked.

kev
    Ceroc is a franchise organisation. Every franchise is a separate business. Franck runs the Ceroc Scotland franchise. It is used by people from all over the world.

It seems a fair guess that Franck would not be happy if his Scottish competitors advertised their events for free on a forum he was running.

Obviously if someone has bought the Ceroc franchise for XXX they are not going to be happy if their competition gets free advertising from someone supposedly on the same side. I do not know the contractual relations on franchises, but it is a fair guess that there are conditions in which the agreement could be rescinded. Promoting the competition might well be considered grounds.

I think we are fortunate to have a tolerant "fair use" policy in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver View Post
    Ceroc is a franchise organisation. Every franchise is a separate business. Franck runs the Ceroc Scotland franchise. It is used by people from all over the world.

It seems a fair guess that Franck would not be happy if his Scottish competitors advertised their events for free on a forum he was running.

I think we are fortunate to have a tolerant "fair use" policy in effect.
    these rules have been chewed over in some length
    as i understand it anyone can post anything about any dance related event
    so long as they are not directly involved with the event or their organisers
    if a question is asked then the organisers are allowed to respond directly

in this case kps was pmed with the info which obviously answers the question but as i understand the rules it could have been answered openly

by the way if last week at sara whites was anythin to go by wooohooooo lol

Quote Originally Posted by martingold View Post

by the way if last week at sara whites was anythin to go by wooohooooo lol
    I always have a good nite there pity it so far away

Thread Information