Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theft

Theft

My friend and I had our purses stolen at Jongleurs in Clapham last night whilst dancing. Am seriously pissed off, and wanted to let everyone know as if there’s a thief frequenting Ceroc venues it should be made public so we can all keep an eye out and be more careful with our belongings.

Normally if I go to a freestyle I only take what I need, but because I always used to go straight from work to a class night, I never had the option of leaving stuff at home, and so have got into the habit of taking everything with me. Not any more!

Please keep an eye on your valuables - and maybe leave as much as possible at home. If there's nothing to steal, then maybe the @rsew!pes that do such things will get fed up and leave

Re: Theft

Quote Originally Posted by Twirly View Post
    My friend and I had our purses stolen at Jongleurs in Clapham last night whilst dancing. Am seriously pissed off, and wanted to let everyone know as if there’s a thief frequenting Ceroc venues it should be made public so we can all keep an eye out and be more careful with our belongings.

Normally if I go to a freestyle I only take what I need, but because I always used to go straight from work to a class night, I never had the option of leaving stuff at home, and so have got into the habit of taking everything with me. Not any more!

Please keep an eye on your valuables - and maybe leave as much as possible at home. If there's nothing to steal, then maybe the @rsew!pes that do such things will get fed up and leave
    Sorry to hear that happened.

I tend to be very trusting at dance nights and leave my phone and car keys etc on the table - won't be doing that again !

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

At the last freestyle in Daventry someone nicked the spare pair of trousers I had in my bag

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post
    At the last freestyle in Daventry someone nicked the spare pair of trousers I had in my bag
    Well that narrows it down to a tall, slim, leggy thief. Otherwise the trousers will not fit.

Twirly me heart goes out to you baby.

DTS XXX XXX

unbelievable twirly

i often take my camera etc leaving it on show i have never known anything to be stolen at a venue in ten years of dancing

i suppose there will always be one who has to spoil it for everyone else

My friend and I had our purses stolen at Jongleurs in Clapham last night whilst dancing.
    There is a sort of a cloakroom there I think. I noticed a coat rack near the desk where you pay to come in. With tickets on the coats, but not sure what they do with bags, behind the desk perhaps?

Like you Twirly, i have never used it.

I do use the cloakroom at Fulham, ISH and Hammersmith though.
    It's a nusience a lot of time queing to get it out and put it back.

There's no cloakroom at Jongleurs Astro - they used to have one, but stopped it ages ago. There is a coat rack near the dancefloor, but no-one looking after it.

Thanks for the sympathy guys and girls

There's no cloakroom at Jongleurs Astro - they used to have one, but stopped it ages ago. There is a coat rack near the dancefloor, but no-one looking after it.
    So a magnet for thieves.

Why not have a word with Don, the manager?

He a friend on Facebook, I'll send you a friend reccomendation - if he's not already.

Remember the one we went ot the pub with after HMS?

That reminds me, there's no cloakroom on board ship is there?

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dave the scaffolder View Post
    Well that narrows it down to a tall, slim, leggy thief. Otherwise the trousers will not fit.

No one has described me like that since I was 12

Done!

Quote Originally Posted by Northants Girly View Post

No one has described me like that since I was 12
    Well baby you are certinally there now.

Hotter than a big bag of hot things last time I saw you.

Hornier than a herd of randy Rhino's. Last time I saw you you were pulling better than a bandit in a Mexican revolution.

DTS XXX XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    So a magnet for thieves.

He a friend on Facebook, I'll send you a friend reccomendation - if he's not already.

Yes I know Don - the teacher and chap on the door whose names escape me right now said they'd tell him what had happened. Have posted about it on the Facebook group anyway, and asked one of the admins who is also a friend if she could e-mail everyone so that they can be wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    So a magnet for thieves.

There was a cloakroom the last time I went to HMS President, assuming this is the HMS you mentioned.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Thats really pants honey, i was there a few weeks ago with a new dancer! I thought it was a fab night and thats really pants that someone would ruin it for all the lovely dancer there!

I'm sorry Twirly, what a rotten thing to happen. Please let us know if any progress is made with catching the thief.

On a similar-ish note.....I returned to my car in Addenbrookes hospital car park in Cambridge on Tuesday after working in the labs there to fix one of the blood analysers, which is imperative for the health and safety of patients! I always leave a notice in my car saying "service engineer on urgent call". How shocked was I to discover that my driver's side door had been attacked, someone had tried to get into my car while I was working in the hospital. Two other cars parked in that car park had been actually broken into on the same day, one of the hospital lab staff told me today.

OK, so they knew I would probably be away for some time due to the notice in my car. But car thieves in a hospital car park? THAT is cheap and mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Warminster View Post

On a similar-ish note.....I returned to my car in Addenbrookes hospital car park in Cambridge on Tuesday
    and you didnt come see me ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Warminster View Post
    OK, so they knew I would probably be away for some time due to the notice in my car. But car thieves in a hospital car park? THAT is cheap and mean.
    um i thought that the reason that hospitals charged you for parking was the security that they now provide

Just had some more news about this. It seems that the staff have some idea who it may have been. Not a regular (which I am relieved about). It may have been a woman, and she may have had a male accomplice. Please don't ask me why the staff think this as I don't think I should post any more on a public forum at this stage.

However, this could mean that the Ceroc night was targetted specifically, in which case they may be making their way around other nights if they've realised we are easy victims. So it's even more important that people are alerted and that venues do what they can to protect their members.

On the note of membership, in theory we all give our addresses when we join up. Persumably these people would have given a false address. Does make me wonder if Ceroc could be a little more diligent about checking who their members actually are, although I suspect that being a relatively informal social group, they would argue that it would be impractical to ask for ID when people join up. I wonder if "membership" of this group actually gives a false sense of security.

For those who do drive to dancing, can I suggest that as many valuables you do not need should be locked out of sight in your boot of our car.

Not sure Twirly if this would have helped you on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by under par View Post
    For those who do drive to dancing, can I suggest that as many valuables you do not need should be locked out of sight in your boot of our car.
    Not sure that's a good idea - we have car thieves in our area. Better to leave them at home.

I dance with my car keys and credit card about my person and leave an old bag containing very little cash on the table. It kinda limits one's outfits (don't ask) but at least I know my valuables are safe.

Daisy

(A Paranoid Little Flower)

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Chain View Post
    Not sure that's a good idea - we have car thieves in our area. Better to leave them at home.

I dance with my car keys and credit card about my person and leave an old bag containing very little cash on the table. It kinda limits one's outfits (don't ask) but at least I know my valuables are safe.

Daisy

(A Paranoid Little Flower)
    Left at home would always be better ...my suggestion for those that have not had the forethought to do so.

(a sometimes forgetful Big Under Par)

and be careful where you leave your valubles at home .... there are people who burgle houses too.....

Thread Information