Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Edinburgh International Tango Festival

Registered User Little Black Dress's Avatar

Re: Edinburgh International Tango Festival

What a weekend!!!!!

I've had an absolutely brilliant time, totally immersing myself in Tango - the music, style, culture....It was more than just a weekend of workshops, it really brought tango to life for me. With the daytime cafe that was open on the Saturday and Sunday, there was a chance to practise what we had learnt in the workshops. It was also a space where you could try on shoes and clothes and chat to other people just as excited by the whole experience

The workshops that Aurion and I chose (Improver) were pitched perfectly for our level....they went over some basics, but then managed to stretch us as well as we were shown some beautiful moves and interesting combinations to use on the dance floor.

The milongas were wonderful, if a little crowded. They really challenged you to use your new floorcraft skills! The performances by the teachers were just out of this world.....The three pairs of teachers performed on different nights - we made them work hard as we kept getting them back for more On the last night, they all danced together and did a bit of partner swapping - fabulous!

The Ball at The Hub on Saturday really took everyone's dancing up a level....Everyone made a real effort to dress up and the venue made you feel really wonderful - a real Ball.

I was surprised and delighted to meet some non-forumites (or at least people who don't spend their lives on the forum!) who went to the beginners classes on Saturday and Sunday. A couple were brave enough to go along to the Ball and had a great time.

I'm so glad I did this weekend. It was a lot of hard work but great fun and so good to meet other people who have fallen in love with this dance. I can't wait for the next one!

Re: Edinburgh International Tango Festival

I made it to the festival.....last minute decision! Couldn't do the workshops but had a fantastic time at the evening Milongas and ball.

The only disappointment was that these events were not gender balanced....and the ratio men to women was very poor at times. So if you didn't know the locals it was harder to get dances to start with...by the end of the weekend though we felt very welcome.

Thanks Edinburgh!

Thread Information