Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama still gives me the creeps

Blog Entries

Obama still gives me the creeps

Am i the only one that thinks this totally over the top party that USA are having today is just ridiculous.

The country is dying on its feet like the UK is with debt up to its eyeballs and an ecomonic crash and they are spending millions on a big ole knees up cause they have a black x muslim president making history (because of the slave trade blah blah blah blah) and good grief dont we all know it.

Its almost as ridiculous as us spending billions on hosting the olympics which by the way is trillions over budget and still going up and we cant afford.

Jeeeeeeez.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Obama still gives me the creeps

Feeling the lack of ciggies this morning, huh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Bailey View Post
    Feeling the lack of ciggies this morning, huh?

Cool Re: Obama still gives me the creeps

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Its almost as ridiculous as us spending billions on hosting the olympics which by the way is trillions over budget and still going up and we cant afford.

Jeeeeeeez.
    Don't worry... the Londoners are paying for the Olympics out of the congestion charges or council tax or selling off the bendy buses or something.... this cabbie told me all about it on a ride between Euston and Lime Street.

Am i the only one that thinks this totally over the top party that USA are having today is just ridiculous.
    The Americans always have a party like this. It just happens to be a big party this time because so many people are so glad to see the back of the Monkey that has been in the White House the last 8 years.

The country is dying on its feet like the UK is with debt up to its eyeballs and an ecomonic crash and they are spending millions on a big ole knees up cause they have a black x muslim president making history (because of the slave trade blah blah blah blah) and good grief dont we all know it.
    What seriously makes you think that they wouldn't be having the same big party if Hillary had gotten in? Or even McCain to be honest. It is history whether you like it or not.

And what exactly does 'black x muslim' mean?

Jeeeeeeez.
    Is it ridiculous because they are spending money on boosting national morale in America, or is silly because they are doing it because he is Black?

If you don't like the guy, just say so (but preferably not on a public forum) , but please have better reasons than you currently have if you don't want to appear in a very negative light.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poi Boi View Post
    And what exactly does 'black x muslim' mean?

If you don't like the guy, just say so (but preferably not on a public forum) , but please have better reasons than you currently have if you don't want to appear in a very negative light.
    Appearing in a negative light makes no difference to me what so ever Poi Boi. A public forum is for just that isn't it... discussion and open disagreements sometimes.

When you say what does a black x muslim mean.. im confused. Surely its pretty self explanitory isnt it?

This man is an x muslim and he is black. This is a fact it means nothing other than that.

What does get my goat up though is how everybody keeps going on about he is the first black and he is signing on the dotted line when the slaves used to get sold. What is that got to do with anything. As i said on another thread. He should be in this job because he is a clever man and can do it, not cause he is black.

He should be in this job because he is a clever man and can do it, not cause he is black.
    And clever he is ... which is more than we can say for the fuc*wit he is replacing, he had to be the stupidist world leader ever.

Commercial Operator

What does get my goat up though is how everybody keeps going on about he is the first black and he is signing on the dotted line when the slaves used to get sold. What is that got to do with anything. As i said on another thread. He should be in this job because he is a clever man and can do it, not cause he is black.
    So far as I can tell - he is in the job because he is a very clever man. We're going to find out whether or not he can do it, but for me, he did a pretty good job of convincing everyone of this... and a much better job than his opponents.

As for him being black - the huge thing about this is that the USA is still (like this country) pretty far from being a haven of racial equality. For him to win the presidency is a monumental achievement, and was something he accomplished in spite of his ethnicity, not because of it.

This man is an x muslim and he is black. This is a fact it means nothing other than that.
    I totally respect your opinion on the matter of Barack Obama.

Personally, I think this marks a transition in history of a magnitude spoken of by Martin Luther King himself.

Having read both of Obama's books and researched the guy I too am part of the group that truly believes that change is possible. Now Im not saying that Obama himself can effect much change, due to the powerful political machine in Washington, but I see this as a symbol and an increadibly powerful one at that.

What we have here is an intelligent guy, a thoughful guy and a guy who was not brought up with a silver spoon in his mouth. He has worked for what he has and has had a bloody tough time in getting it to.

I would strongly suggest you read "Dreams From My Father". It really does make you think. It makes you appreciate that this guy is different than most others before him. He is like a well-behaved JFK

Oh and by the way, he is not a muslim and never has been. This was a smear campaign and, judging by the post, it worked

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    I totally respect your opinion on the matter of Barack Obama.

I would strongly suggest you read "Dreams From My Father". It really does make you think. It makes you appreciate that this guy is different than most others before him. He is like a well-behaved JFK

Oh and by the way, he is not a muslim and never has been. This was a smear campaign and, judging by the post, it worked
    Really - i never head this before. Blimey.. didn't know that.

I might well get the book out.. could be interesting - thanks

I might well get the book out.. could be interesting - thanks
    No problem. To be honest I was of a similar opinion before I started looking into who he is. The book opened my eyes so much. The guy has gone through a lot.

Blog Entries

When you say what does a black x muslim mean.. im confused. Surely its pretty self explanitory isnt it?
    Well, "black x muslim" looks like you're trying to say that he's black, crossed with muslim. Which would of course be an ignorant, bigoted statement.

Of course if you meant he's an ex-muslim (true or not) and he's black, that would be a different matter.
    Perfect example of "text speak" causing mis-understandings when it's used without caution.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

all hail obama - a new era of U.S. Coherancy

Jeeeeeeez.
    As a white person it is difficult to truly comprehend the feeling of pride that a lot of my black colleagues feel that a black man is president of the USA. I can acknowledge that it is a monumental moment when I consider that less than 100 years ago black people were not able to ride at the front of a bus in America. He also is an extremely bright and erudite man and a giant leap forward from Bush.

Only time will tell whether he is a good or even agreat president. I hope for the world’s sake that he is at least a good president.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    Don't worry... the Londoners are paying for the Olympics out of the congestion charges or council tax or selling off the bendy buses or something.... this cabbie told me all about it on a ride between Euston and Lime Street.

As for the Olympics as a Londoner that is paying through my council tax to finance the Olympics, yes it will go over budget we all knew that from the start but I do support the project and really look forward to the Olympics being here within 10 miles of my home. The area which it is being based in is probably one of the most deprived areas of the country and needs regeneration and every day on the way to work I pass the Olympic site and it is really great to see the area improving. It will also provide over 30,000 jobs over the next few years.
    Last edited by Maxine; 20th-January-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Bad English

Have the negative pixies been visiting Trouble Towers again?

Hosting the olympics has created thousands of jobs, enabled the re-development of a large part of East London and will bring in millions when the world comes to see it.

As for Barack Obama, Im with marcusj...

Quote Originally Posted by marcusj View Post
    And clever he is ... which is more than we can say for the fuc*wit he is replacing, he had to be the stupidist world leader ever.
    Not to mention...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F View Post
    ...he is not a muslim and never has been.
    Deep breaths Sis...soon be Christmas.
    Last edited by Double Trouble; 20th-January-2009 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeBloke View Post
    As long as it's not being taken out of the 12p per head subsidy for us Scots

Blog Entries

nothing to do with deep breaths.

Just trying to breath some life into this boring forum which is dead quiet lately and nothing doing on it. glad to see some people are still alive. Hoped the thread might bring a little zest back in.

Also.....the olympics will never pay back to us what we are spending on it. why are we doing it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    Well, "black x muslim" looks like you're trying to say that he's black, crossed with muslim. Which would of course be an ignorant, bigoted statement.

Of course if you meant he's an ex-muslim (true or not) and he's black, that would be a different matter.
    Perfect example of "text speak" causing mis-understandings when it's used without caution.
    and...

people that know me know better.

Blog Entries

Also.....the olympics will never pay back to us what we are spending on it. why are we doing it?
    a: Just to annoy people like you, and
    b: Depends how well the Olympic venues are re-used and how you measure the costs/returns.

the olympics will never pay back to us what we are spending on it.
    Fek me, your crystal ball is on FIRE today! Can I borrow it? I want to know the lottery numbers for Saturday.

Thread Information